Gronk threw the first punch

hangumhi

Reaction score
There was a lot of hands in the face on the final play but Gronk threw the first actual punch and yet Irvin is made out to be the bad guy of the whole deal. Everything I've read and heard has been directed at the Hawks as handling themselves inappropriately but there's a lot more to it than Irvin's actions. Question: Are there suspensions to begin next season? If so I would certainly hope Gronk is one of the suspended players.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
Ask yourself this: Why is America in general and Boston-area sports fans in particular much more comfortable with players like Tom Brady and Rob Gronkowski than they are with players like Marshawn Lynch and Richard Sherman? Is there some observable difference we can pinpoint here?

kidhawk

Reaction score
I refuse to go back and watch to see who did what in which order, but Gronk did throw an actual punch and as such, by rule, should be ejected and fined. He wasn't ejected, but I'd imagine he'll get a fine of some kind

OP
OP
H

hangumhi

Reaction score
kidhawk":37j7m0k4 said:
I refuse to go back and watch to see who did what in which order, but Gronk did throw an actual punch and as such, by rule, should be ejected and fined. He wasn't ejected, but I'd imagine he'll get a fine of some kind

I've heard players say so many times that they have never gone back and watched a game after a loss and I always thought they were being a bit petty but now I totally get it. I don't know that I'll ever rewatch that game...I just happened to see the replay of the final play on the Rich Eisen show.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
It took me a couple of days...but I started watching the game over this morning. I am up to the 3rd qtr bout half way. I had to go do things so had to stop play at that time. I am watching the peoples court at the moment and then may go back to it. Depends on other more important factors going on right now. Ma nature is knocking at the door and she is ticked off. :shock:

pugs1

Reaction score
The reason why the Seahawks get blamed is because we lost. Doesn't matter who threw the first punch. The Seahawks to the outside world are a bunch of classless thugs and while I personally don't think so. The players themselves don't help their own cause by taking a dump on the ball and fighting when the games was over.

GoPatsSB49

Reaction score
I don't know that I'd call the Seahawks thugs for that last fight during the kneel downs. Just a very emotional team who wanted the win just as bad as the Patriots did. Anyone calling them thugs probably don't have a competitive bone in their bodies. You SHOULD be mad. You SHOULD get pissed. I don't blame them one bit. Nobody got injured, so I'm alright with it.

morgulon1

Reaction score
VivaEfrenHerrera":1g9jdnpk said:
Ask yourself this: Why is America in general and Boston-area sports fans in particular much more comfortable with players like Tom Brady and Rob Gronkowski than they are with players like Marshawn Lynch and Richard Sherman? Is there some observable difference we can pinpoint here?

You are speaking of one of the most "Caucasian" areas in the country, so I get what youre saying.

GoPatsSB49

Reaction score
If you want the short answer it's humility. People kind of appreciate it.

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
I don't give a single sh*t about Irvin throwing a punch, or a dozen punches for that matter. I would've thrown a punch at Gronk too. I hate that guy. But in all seriousness, I can't fault him too much. Can you even begin to imagine how they were all feeling in that moment? Watching all their hard work being washed away by a single throw? Not to mention, he was defending his brother. That's what those guys do. They have each others back through anything. I appreciate his apology but for the class of the entire team to fall on that one act of impulse is about as silly as the one bad call to define an entire seasons worth of hard work.

I ain't even mad.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
They hate us because they can't beat us.

I can't wait to face the Deflatriots in SB L and DESTROY them with a healthy team.

Edit: I meant to say be us, not beat us.

netskier

Reaction score
The apposition of the last two posts, and their implications, could provide us enough to discuss forever.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
VivaEfrenHerrera":dk3i9qpm said:

I don't get it either.

I actually got into an argument on Facebook because someone was telling me how Richard Sherman and Marshawn Lynch are horrible role models, and that Tom Brady is what more NFL players should be like.

After arguing back and forth about Tom Brady's arrogance and poor sportsmanship, his "role model image" all boiled down to the fact that Brady is clean-cut and a good looking guy.

It's disgusting to me that people are so influenced by the image the media portrays.

GoPatsSB49

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":nyfhf6q7 said:
GoPatsSB49":nyfhf6q7 said:
Of which neither Brady or Gronkowski have in the least.
You're off your damn rocker if you think Brady and Gronk are anywhere near as arrogant or loud mouthed as Sherman. Maybe on the field (where anything goes and I don't fault anyone for anything they say) they could be comparable, but it's the talk that they do off the field that rubs people the wrong way. I'm indifferent about Lynch's behavior with the media, but it does come off like he makes a big deal out of nothing. Just answer the question and don't make a spectacle of the fact that the media is interviewing you.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
GoPatsSB49":1wv9piy8 said:
MizzouHawkGal":1wv9piy8 said:
GoPatsSB49":1wv9piy8 said:
You're off your damn rocker if you think Brady and Gronk are anywhere near as arrogant or loud mouthed as Sherman. Maybe on the field (where anything goes and I don't fault anyone for anything they say) they could be comparable, but it's the talk that they do off the field that rubs people the wrong way. I'm indifferent about Lynch's behavior with the media, but it does come off like he makes a big deal out of nothing. Just answer the question and don't make a spectacle of the fact that the media is interviewing you.
Get real. :pukeface:

The media can go stick it where the sun doesn't shine. If fans want access to players it sure isn't happening by listening to old white dudes that write columns for newpapers nobody reads. If they actually wanted anything more then a soundbite concerning Lynch they could easily ask 52 other guys on the same team but that would require actual effort and research like doing a honest to goodness JOB.

But they would rather sit there and embarrass themselves on national television by accepting and knowing the Marshawn Lynch is purposely trolling them because he actually says it to their faces.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Of course as you will notice Gronk was not flagged for the play, but the 3rd man in (Irvin) was as the instigator, weak refereeing. I suspect each of Irvin Gronk and Bennett will be fined by Goddell for their extra curricular activities.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
GoPatsSB49":2a1hcocl said:
MizzouHawkGal":2a1hcocl said:
GoPatsSB49":2a1hcocl said:
It's so awesome when someone proves your point for you! I didn't even need to post!

Scottemojo

Reaction score
VivaEfrenHerrera":3s142llu said:
There is no doubt you just nailed the real hue related issue.