ADB Fined for SB Touchdown Celebration(espn)

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/201...-fined-11025-super-bowl-touchdown-celebration

Seattle Seahawks receiver Doug Baldwin's Super Bowl touchdown celebration has earned him a fine from the NFL.

Doug Baldwin has been fined $11,025, according to a report, for his celebration after his touchdown in the Super Bowl.
According to a report from FoxSports.com, Baldwin has been fined $11,025, which is the league minimum for a penalty such as Baldwin's.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
The league minimum . . . that's small in comparison to the amount of goodwill he lost from the fans. He's going to have to regain our trust by showing maturity over a sustained period of time.

Tical21

Reaction score
He's the one guy who's schtick I don't like at all. Nothing endearing about the guy, just an annoying guy with a bad attitude. None of his little rants make any sense, or have any kind of motivation besides whining.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, what exactly is the rule he violated? Not saying I approve of what he did but it seems to me the league has been taking more and more of a "well, we didn't like it" approach to both penalties and fines. And I don't think that's cool. There's something about not using the ball as a prop, right? Not entirely sure that would fit as he wasn't touching the ball

kidhawk

Reaction score
HawkGA":3nosrw3o said:
Just out of curiosity, what exactly is the rule he violated? Not saying I approve of what he did but it seems to me the league has been taking more and more of a "well, we didn't like it" approach to both penalties and fines. And I don't think that's cool. There's something about not using the ball as a prop, right? Not entirely sure that would fit as he wasn't touching the ball

I believe that it likely falls under the Using a prop rule, though it could be considered an obscene gesture violation. I believe this is the same number that Lynch was fined for his first fine due to the crotch grab. It then escalated to $20,000

Rob12

Reaction score
It was selfish and completely out of line. Act like you've seen the end zone before. I love Baldwin but he needs to grow up and become a leader on this team. You don't give Brady an extra 15 yards by pretending to crap out a football.

He should honestly be ashamed. It was embarrassing.

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
Tical21":26mr0wcl said:
He's the one guy who's schtick I don't like at all. Nothing endearing about the guy, just an annoying guy with a bad attitude. None of his little rants make any sense, or have any kind of motivation besides whining.

I agree. I understand the chip, but showing it so outwardly is getting old.
Aight?

hawknation2015

Reaction score
HawkGA":3unr7gjh said:

Correct, he intentionally "used the ball as a prop." Also, "two-or-more players engage[d] in [a] prolonged, excessive, premeditated, or choreographed" TD celebration. And the premeditated celebration was "an offensive, disrespectful, or unsportsmanlike" one. He intentionally violated three rules and they can take their pick.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
kidhawk":yj7hbfg6 said:
HawkGA":yj7hbfg6 said:

I believe that it likely falls under the Using a prop rule, though it could be considered an obscene gesture violation. I believe this is the same number that Lynch was fined for his first fine due to the crotch grab. It then escalated to $20,000

The rules don't actually mention obscenity. They ban sexually-suggestive gestures and prolonged gyrations, which wouldn't apply.

Even if he didn't use the ball as a prop, Baldwin's offense would fall under the more general prohibition against offensive, disrespectful, and unsportsmanlike conduct.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I hope the team punishes him further.

Doug Baldwin's act has gotten pathetic. Always picking these stupid fights in the media, gets completely shut down in the superbowl except a 3 yard catch with an assist from the ref, and then costing his team 15 yards on a stupid penalty. He's a loser

jkitsune

Reaction score
Tical21":2zbbkaps said:

Agreed entirely. He's a good receiver, but his persona has gotten pretty old.

Rob12

Reaction score
We need to find a way to upgrade the position. In a big way.

His inferiority complex is absolutely stupid at this point. As a player, you can't let the media troll you two years in a row and take the bait. He's a good receiver, but far from a No. 1. I won't speak to the type of teammate he is but he needs to show that maturity that he claims he's experienced. It didn't show following that play, and it hurt the team.

I think others calling for his release are overreacting tremendously, but Pete needs to get a grip on him and instill some discipline.

And keep him away from the cameras after he makes a big play.

StoneCold

Reaction score
I didn't like Baldwin's pooping act, but he and Kearse are better receivers than most give them credit. Everyone keeps saying we missed Tate. Tate had 142 targets and 99 catches this year. 1.4 catches per target. Baldwin had 98 targets and 66 catches, 1.4 per. Kearse had fewer targets but his number was 1.7 per target.

SC

jdemps

Reaction score
SF bay area, shaping young minds with a tinge of H
It's the GD Super Bowl. Making a statement is one thing, but hurting your team on the biggest stage where the margin for error is razor thin; just so outright selfish. Disgusting display.

Even with talent, the diva displays become tiring. See also: Randy Moss.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
StoneCold":35ke9zph said:
I didn't like Baldwin's pooping act, but he and Kearse are better receivers than most give them credit. Everyone keeps saying we missed Tate. Tate had 142 targets and 99 catches this year. 1.4 catches per target. Baldwin had 98 targets and 66 catches, 1.4 per. Kearse had fewer targets but his number was 1.7 per target.

SC

While true, it rests on the mistake that stats like catches per target are a good stand in for ability and can just be replicated with increased volume (which suspiciously doesn't exist).

It's the old "our back-up running back averages 4.5 yards per carry, we should just save money and make him the starter!" fallacy, which never works for anyone.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Popeyejones":mw96gm4p said:
StoneCold":mw96gm4p said:

SC

While true, it rests on the mistake that stats like catches per target are a good stand in for ability and can just be replicated with increased volume (which suspiciously doesn't exist).

It's the old "our back-up running back averages 4.5 yards per carry, we should just save money and make him the starter!" fallacy, which never works for anyone.

Hmm, the numbers don't say that. In 2013 in Sea, Tate had 98 targets and 64 catches. Seemed to work for Tate.

SC

scutterhawk

Reaction score
HawkGA":2s925q5i said:
For starters?, it was an obscene gesture, it wasn't enough that he tried to put a spin to the ball, he just had to show his immaturity by pretending to pull down his pants, and shit out a football.
The kind of acts of sportsmanship we really want to teach children to emulate eh?

SeaChase

Reaction score
I like the original SDB title better- stupid Doug Baldwin

CityHawk

Reaction score
Good. His "I'm disrespected" attitude has gotten very tiresome. For someone who talks like he doesn't give a crap what other people think of him, he sure spends enough time arguing with them about it.

I for one would like to see the team use Norwood more in that position and see what he has. Maybe a better replacement with less attitude.

SuperFreak

Reaction score
I've read people say it didn't affect the outcome but honestly it might have. Pats took that kickoff out to the 37 I believe if they are at the 20 maybe they make a mistake and we get a turn over. As it played out they punted into the end zone giving us a touch back but let's push them back 15 yards and maybe Walters fields the ball beyond our own 20ish and makes a decent return that better field position might have been the difference in this tight game.

Doug seems to be a major D bag and as solid a WR he is I wouldn't care if he never took another snap for Seattle.