WRs bothered by Bevell comments about Lockette !!!

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Apparently, the WRs were bothered by Bevell comments that Lockette could have done more.

"Yeah, I would be lying if I said it didn't bother us," Doug Baldwin said Tuesday, via The Seattle Times. "He's a coach and so you take that criticism or whatnot and you look in the mirror and figure out what you could have done with it. It's harsh.

"But in the reality of it, it's in the heat of the moment right after the game, people may say things or do things they may have changed or would like to be interpreted differently. However, at the end of the day, like I said, we're going to stick together and move forward so none of that matters now."

Source:

Admins, please merge/close if this has been discussed. Couldn't find this topic anywhere.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Like I said in another thread... If he's lost the locker room, he needs to go

SuperFreak

Reaction score
Baldwin is the only member of this team with an opinion I don't care about.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
SuperFreak":kb1yaqhg said:

I was okay with most of his stuff, until he went on his "Y'all doubted us" rant after the NFCCG.

One person said it best.."who doubted you?!? You're the freakin reigning SB Champs. You were favored to win the game"

Bobblehead

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":xqff1hwg said:
Baldwin doesn't like Bevell. Not a new thing.

Screw Baldwin, I hope they can his dump dancing arse.

The receivers were slow off the block and I'm thinking they were expecting a broken play, its Russell back there and I doubt if there is a broken play in the guy.

Play through the whistle, you all screwed up, suck it up.

That said, I don't like anyone calling out anyone, and the angry deuce doesn't either, yet here he is calling out his coach.

Talking about someone so selfish to cost his team in the freakin SB, Baldwin need look no further than himself, I hope they cut your butt Doug.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Yes I kind of heard enough from Baldwin to last me a while too. That said I just watched the play a few times from different angles and I think that maybe Lockette is getting a bum rap. He wasn't at full speed and he might have been able to knock the ball down or possibly even make the catch at the one had he been up to speed. It looks to me though like he may have been waiting for the pick to develop.
I think the most over looked thing about this play is the Kearse vs Browner match up. For the life of me I can't think how Pete and Daryl ever thought he would win that?

Bobblehead

Reaction score
brimsalabim":qa0rfnut said:
Yes I kind of heard enough from Baldwin to last me a while too. That said I just watched the play a few times from different angles and I think that maybe Lockette is getting a bum rap. He wasn't at full speed and he might have been able to knock the ball down or possibly even make the catch at the one had he been up to speed. It looks to me though like he may have been waiting for the pick to develop.
I think the most over looked thing about this play is the Kearse vs Browner match up. For the life of me I can't think how Pete and Daryl ever thought he would win that?

If you watch that play unfold, what I noticed that Browner didn't have a good angle on Lockette. I'm suspecting, Kearse's assignment may have been Butler who had a better angle of attack. Browner just got in the way. Of course, until they say, this along with all the other theories is just speculation.

I also thought Wilson could have released sooner.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":27nbd3z1 said:
Baldwin doesn't like Bevell. Not a new thing.

Baldwin is the one who said Bevell hid the team's weaknesses at a recent press conference and also made lighthearted cameos at Bevell's pressers earlier in the year.

Anyway, Baldwin's full comment isn't even that bad (actually pretty reasonable), but I guess people can choose to get riled up over it if they want to.

Mick063

Reaction score
Bevell lost the locker room. The team will be chaos and controversy as long he is there.

The choice is clear. Unload a handful of "malcontents" or unload Bevell. Not hard to choose.

themunn

Reaction score
The important word is WERE

They understand that Bevell was just as upset about the loss as anybody else, sometimes frustrations mean you lay the blame elsewhere when you don't mean to.

And that's exactly what Baldwin is saying.

It's quite clearly a response to a loaded question as well:

"Did Bevell's comments about Lockette both you?"

"Yeah, I would be lying if I said it didn't bother us..."

""But in the reality of it, it's in the heat of the moment right after the game, people may say things or do things they may have changed or would like to be interpreted differently"

So what he's saying is at first they were bothered, but they realised he didn't really mean that it's Lockette's fault.

But of course everybody hates Baldwin all of a sudden, despite stepping up time and time again with clutch play for us.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Bobblehead":7gsaw121 said:
brimsalabim":7gsaw121 said:

If you watch that play unfold, what I noticed that Browner didn't have a good angle on Lockette. I'm suspecting, Kearse's assignment may have been Butler who had a better angle of attack. Browner just got in the way. Of course, until they say, this along with all the other theories is just speculation.

You are right he was supposed to impede Butler. Actually Kearse was supposed to run Browner in to Butler. The big problem was that Browner knew and physically did not allow it to happen.
The presence of Browner over there doomed this play. There may be some scenario (like RW releasing the ball earlier) that may have kept this from being a turnover but there was no chance of scoring on the play because they had it read and they were waiting for it. Look at the film a few times again and pay attention to where contact occurs and what happens to Lockette. He makes that catch and he is still tackled on the one and we still have to use the time out.
Bad call.

AVL

Reaction score
Lost the locker room?

I am convinced no one knows what is going on in the locker room after observing LR theories in the last year.

I remember Baldwin claiming to have matured so much since leaving Stanford.

Throwdown

Reaction score
themunn":3d3vq2fn said:
The important word is WERE

They understand that Bevell was just as upset about the loss as anybody else, sometimes frustrations mean you lay the blame elsewhere when you don't mean to.

And that's exactly what Baldwin is saying.

It's quite clearly a response to a loaded question as well:

"Did Bevell's comments about Lockette both you?"

"Yeah, I would be lying if I said it didn't bother us..."

""But in the reality of it, it's in the heat of the moment right after the game, people may say things or do things they may have changed or would like to be interpreted differently"

So what he's saying is at first they were bothered, but they realised he didn't really mean that it's Lockette's fault.

But of course everybody hates Baldwin all of a sudden, despite stepping up time and time again with clutch play for us.

Amazing isn't it?

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
brimsalabim":30pfvtkl said:
Bobblehead":30pfvtkl said:
brimsalabim":30pfvtkl said:

You are right he was supposed to impede Butler. Actually Kearse was supposed to run Browner in to Butler. The big problem was that Browner knew and physically did not allow it to happen.
The presence of Browner over there doomed this play. There may be some scenario (like RW releasing the ball earlier) that may have kept this from being a turnover but there was no chance of scoring on the play because they had it read and they were waiting for it. Look at the film a few times again and pay attention to where contact occurs and what happens to Lockette. He makes that catch and he is still tackled on the one and we still have to use the time out.
Bad call.

Look, I'm not a fan of Bevell, but you just demonstrated knowledge that Browner jammed Kearse's assignment and that Butler still had to make a heads-up, instinctive play.....then you chalk it all up to a bad play call. I'm not buying it. The enemy had a vote and executed good D.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
ZagHawk":sl6f4yay said:
SuperFreak":sl6f4yay said:

I was okay with most of his stuff, until he went on his "Y'all doubted us" rant after the NFCCG.

One person said it best.."who doubted you?!? You're the freakin reigning SB Champs. You were favored to win the game"

Who doubted Baldwin and Kearse? Seriously?

Too many people assume his "rant" is of the Seahawks. It's not. It's about him, Kearse and the rest of that WR corp. They have been doubted plenty.

Support your players by understanding context before passing judgment.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Baldwin's act is so old. Just shut up and know your roll Doug. You're nothing special.

With Baldwin, I can't say the juice is worth the squeeze.