You Mad Bro? Brand = Dead?

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I had a thought the other day, Richard Sherman's whole "You Mad Bro?" brand basically started with Tom Brady, prior to that no one outside of Seattle really knew who Richard Sherman was (or cared). We all know the results of XLIX, and outside of the Hawks screwing up that last play (and Patriots executing very well). Tom Brady did drive up for his team's game winning drive and put up 28 points (last I checked the Hawks have a very poor record when the opponent scores over 24 points). Anyway, My thought is "You Mad Bro" = dead brand now. Anyone else feel the same?

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
The Zags aren't a good team. They have played one ranked opponent this season and they lost.

OP
OP
Z

ZagHawk

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":183fhfkj said:
The Zags aren't a good team. They have played one ranked opponent this season and they lost.

I'm okay with that. They are in a garbage conference and every time they've been given a #1 or #2 seed they've been eliminated in the second round. One thing though is for damn sure, the Zags are still a crapload better baskebtall team than the Huskies, Ducks, and Cougs.

OP
OP
Z

ZagHawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":mqw04ih6 said:

So how is it still alive anymore?

The whole You Mad thing was aimed directly at Tom Brady with Richard Sherman (and the LOB) getting the better of him that day.

Tom Brady maybe didn't own Sherman, but basically owned the LOB and just won the SB over the Hawks. I don't think he's mad. Heck if anything ...WE MAD.

So that's my thoughts over it.

kidhawk

Reaction score
ZagHawk":3t1tacoo said:
kidhawk":3t1tacoo said:

So how is it still alive anymore?

The whole You Mad thing was aimed directly at Tom Brady with Richard Sherman (and the LOB) getting the better of him that day.

Tom Brady maybe didn't own Sherman, but basically owned the LOB and just won the SB over the Hawks. I don't think he's mad. Heck if anything ...WE MAD.

So that's my thoughts over it.

Because something starts somewhere doesn't mean it ends there. It's become it's own entity. It's more about Sherman than it is about Brady.

drdiags

Reaction score
It's just too bad that the guy that tweeted the "U Mad Bro" meme to Richard, who re-tweeted it, didn't get any of the glory or money that came from his action. Maybe he did, but most likely he and the folks that came up with the LOB just get to know it was their idea that other folks trademarked and made big money on.

I really think most fans nation-wide thought Sherman after the game took the AP picture and put the caption in himself, adding to the lore.

OP
OP
Z

ZagHawk

Reaction score
drdiags":1qdo8fms said:
It's just too bad that the guy that tweeted the "U Mad Bro" meme to Richard, who re-tweeted it, didn't get any of the glory or money that came from his action. Maybe he did, but most likely he and the folks that came up with the LOB just get to know it was their idea that other folks trademarked and made big money on.

I really think most fans nation-wide thought Sherman after the game took the AP picture and put the caption in himself, adding to the lore.

I think the thing is...it's not like the phrase "U Mad Bro" even started with this. It's been around the video gaming community for years.

Kind of like the word SWAG although different meaning, SWAG has been around from concerts and conventions like years and years before it even suddenly became the terrible word it is today.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Do most casual NFL fans even remember the Tom Brady meme? Probably not. I doubt they're even connecting the old meme with the SB enough to kill the brand.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
its been a circle jerk since 2011.

zaghawk
Veteran

People ask me why I'm here. I can agree to the above. There really isn't much debate there. Kind of one person who's among the "circle" says something, and then the rest respond "Yeah!!!..what he said". I go on a forum for discussion. Admittedly discussion here will often go against my thoughts, but it is more interesting.

Threedee

Reaction score
When Tom lose to Sherman, he tried to bail on the post game meeting.
When Sherman lost to Tom, he came and congratulated Tom.

Seems to me the consistency is clear.

OP
OP
Z

ZagHawk

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":3dcp179p said:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
its been a circle jerk since 2011.

zaghawk
Veteran

People ask me why I'm here. I can agree to the above. There really isn't much debate there. Kind of one person who's among the "circle" says something, and then the rest respond "Yeah!!!..what he said". I go on a forum for discussion. Admittedly discussion here will often go against my thoughts, but it is more interesting.

If I was worried about what posters saw me writing on one forum vs the other, I wouldn't keep the same screen name.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
It's as dead as the "mediocre" meme/brand. Both were vehicles Sherman used to promote himself and get his name out there. You've noticed Sherman hasn't been at all like that this past year. He's gotten the national recognition, the big contract, the consensus that he's the number one corner in the league. He doesn't need it anymore, and so he doesn't have to go out of his way to stir up controversy and get people talking about him anymore.

redhawk253

Reaction score
My question is how do you just ignore that chancellor was playing with a torn mcl and clearly was a step or two slow all day.. et was playing with an injured shoulder that required surgery.. and sherman was playing with a torn ligament in his elbow.. oh then add lane breaking his arm on the 1st drive.. the only healthy member of the secondary was maxwell...

Simon was primarily targeted in most big plays and key situations where we should have had stops.. but more than that it should be attributed to our injured d line.. the secondary still played well.. but missing mebane.. hill and then avril.. did you notice on the final td drive brady stepped up.. all the way up.. pretty much ran to the los and nailed edelman on a slant for a 1st on 3rd and really long.. and did the same later on for the td..

So how exactly do you claim that brady got the better of sherman and killed his brand?

Beyond that.. coaching is really the ones to blame.. fell back into more of a prevent defense.. just like vs atlanta in 2012.. playing scared as evidenced of trying to run the clock all the way out instead of just punching the ball in cuz they didnt want ne to get the ball back.. not adjusting the coverage to help simon.. and more than anything.. we stopped stunting up the middle to attack brady like we were in the 1st half..

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
ZagHawk":1aktm9jh said:
CurryStopstheRuns":1aktm9jh said:

I'm okay with that. They are in a garbage conference and every time they've been given a #1 or #2 seed they've been eliminated in the second round. One thing though is for damn sure, the Zags are still a crapload better baskebtall team than the Huskies, Ducks, and Cougs.

And yet, no one cares.

Also, please to be detailing all of the years Gonzaga has earned a 1 or 2 seed.

OP
OP
Z

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Seahawks1983":1den82ie said:
ZagHawk":1den82ie said:
CurryStopstheRuns":1den82ie said:

And yet, no one cares.

You mad bro?

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
ZagHawk":30kn3jfq said:
Seahawks1983":30kn3jfq said:
ZagHawk":30kn3jfq said:
CurryStopstheRuns":30kn3jfq said:

And yet, no one cares.

You mad bro?

That joke only works when someone is actually mad.

original poster

Reaction score
redhawk253":18kpiita said:
Beyond that.. coaching is really the ones to blame.. fell back into more of a prevent defense.. just like vs atlanta in 2012.. playing scared as evidenced of trying to run the clock all the way out instead of just punching the ball in cuz they didnt want ne to get the ball back.. not adjusting the coverage to help simon.. and more than anything.. we stopped stunting up the middle to attack brady like we were in the 1st half..

I don't think running the clock is being scared, it's being smart and not giving the opponent a chance to come back.