Did you see this ???

pmedic920

Reaction score
I didn't see the story related to the pole, my wife sent me the screen shot.
I'm not even sure how recent it is.
Anyway it's interesting. Anybody know the story, or the context surrounding it.
c63ff03bdb924189a7ff42d0910f90b8.jpg

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I didn't see that but someone needs to send this to Seahawks coaching staff...Darrell Bevell in particular. j/k

Seriously, I believe it's about the changes to the PAT they are discussing at the owner's meetings. I'm not fond of changing things that aren't broke. I don't believe the current system is broke.

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
Yea, I guess that my main question.
Was curious what spin they put on it, and how they picked the participants.
Wonder if they had SB49 in mind.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Lynch is good enough for a 2 pter but not good enough from the one yd line to win the super bowl....

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Cyrus12":r9t9k5et said:
Lynch is good enough for a 2 pter but not good enough from the one yd line to win the super bowl....
Yeah definitely not good enough, which is why the Hawks re-signed him to big money and gave him the ball on the play before :roll:

I was waiting for a comment like this one. Came later than expected

cacksman

Reaction score
Cyrus12":28e15y46 said:

what are you talking about. when did this ever happen

vin.couve12

Reaction score
I seriously laughed out loud when I saw Tebow in there and in 2nd place no less. The Christianity is strong with this society. :16:

Smellyman

Reaction score
vin.couve12":cdsvfcqw said:
I seriously laughed out loud when I saw Tebow in there and in 2nd place no less. The Christianity is strong with this society. :16:

It's weird

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Tebow might be on this poll because the Eagles want the 2 pointer moved to the 1 yard line. Aka.. Tebow's money area.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
I keep seeing that ridiculous stat about Lynch's percentage at the goal line and yet ignoring how grossly inadequate NE was at the goal line.

Also, regardless of the time management issues and the call, if Russ puts that ball between the numbers the worst possible outcome is an incomplete pass, but it was in front and above the shoulder. You don't have the luxury of throwing to the slot on timing in that football situation. The coaching staff is absolutely as accountable as Russ, but even with the worst playcall in superbowl history, the QB threw an inaccurate, very dangerous pass. As much as Russ has owned that and how it haunts him, it's funny that so many can't.

1) We'll be back
2) Russ Has earned a Tier 2 QB contract. No more, no less.
3) Bad clock management factored into the worst decision in Superbowl history. Lynch would have gotten in within two tries. He didn't need a 3rd against that horrible goal line defense.

ivotuk

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1tmgbk3n said:
I didn't see that but someone needs to send this to Seahawks coaching staff...Darrell Bevell in particular. j/k

Seriously, I believe it's about the changes to the PAT they are discussing at the owner's meetings. I'm not fond of changing things that aren't broke. I don't believe the current system is broke.

EXACTLY! Tebow came in a close second, and with Bevell banging the table for him, Coach Carroll is sure to sign him! That way, no way we tell Tebow to throw the ball with the SUperbowl on the line!

Sorry, went off the deep end there for a moment. :dummy:

JimmyG

Reaction score
vin.couve12":yklnbagw said:
I don't know any context behind the picture, but it reeks of something that ESPN would do. They probably came up with a poll with 10 options, and included Tebow as an option or something to generate controversy. God, the mainstream media sucks so bad. (Again, just complete speculation, it's totally possible Tebow was just a write-in candidate or something.)

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Kennedyin92":1wbkzegv said:
Why is Tebow even in the conversation?

Because like 5 years ago when he was in college he was particularly good at these situations. makes sense, right? :roll:

HuskerHawk

Reaction score
Tebow really is extremely deadly around the goal line. He's almost as tough a runner as Lynch, he's bigger, he gets to take the snap directly, and there is the element of the pass. Obviously he's nowhere the player that Lynch is, but don't short him as a short-yardage threat.