Wagner

OkieHawk

Reaction score
I didn't see this posted yet so here we go. Mods feel free to delete/merge it if this has already been posted.

Here is a link to an update on Wagner's contract talks, seems promising.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I would guess that if Wagner gets his $10/year that seals the fate of Irvin.

Adios Bruce.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Not necessarily. Depends on what they do with Bennett next year or the year after and Avril after 2016. Plus, KJ in 2017.

And they can easily backload Irvin's deal, give him a solid signing bonus to compensate lower cap hits for his first two years.

Sure you might not to want to invest so much in your LBer corps but let's say they extend Irvin 4 years and still view Irvin as a DE later. And Irvin develops into an all-around player capable of being a Clemons or at least an Avril type player then the bigger cap hits are going to be spot on with those roles.

Its not too much to think Irvin is going to be bigger, stronger, and smarter all around with 2-3 more years at LBer. Then possess all the tools to succeed at DE (compared to his rookie season) in the last 2-3 years after gaining all that experience.

akscoundrel

Reaction score
^also, let's not assume marshawn and his big contract is going to be playing forever.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Anyone notice how our good defensive guys want big money and the team doesn't even blink, but if you're on offense, you're more than likely to get kicked in the gonads at least once during negotiations ?

I honestly don't think Wilson is worth more than Rodgers, but he's also worth more than 18 mil/year as based on the rest of the league's salary structure.

grizbob

Reaction score
Hawks46":3sjhqi40 said:
Anyone notice how our good defensive guys want big money and the team doesn't even blink, but if you're on offense, you're more than likely to get kicked in the gonads at least once during negotiations ?

I honestly don't think Wilson is worth more than Rodgers, but he's also worth more than 18 mil/year as based on the rest of the league's salary structure.

It's obvious, they value championships over selling tickets ;)

jblaze

Reaction score
Wagner will probably get 9.5m/yr in my opinion.

Irvin is gone. KPL can play his LB spot next year and Clark will take over his edge spot in the nascar/nickel packages.

Anthony!

Reaction score
grizbob":mv1qdafs said:
Hawks46":mv1qdafs said:

Yeah I remember that Championship we won in 2011

Anthony!

Reaction score
Hawks46":9qya1vh6 said:

Your observation could be the crux of the whole problem with resigning Wilson. Maybe he wants to go to a team that values offense as much as defense.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Anthony!":2xny4fl1 said:
Hawks46":2xny4fl1 said:

Your observation could be the crux of the whole problem with resigning Wilson. Maybe he wants to go to a team that values offense as much as defense.

The more I read your posts, the more I think it would make you happy to see that happen. :stirthepot:

grizbob

Reaction score
Anthony!":31e099wy said:
grizbob":31e099wy said:
Hawks46":31e099wy said:

Hey Tony?, when there's a wink it means it's a joke :lol:

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Hawks46":1777acva said:
Which unit has been #1 in the NFL over the past 3 seasons and wants to be paid like it? Which unit hasn't but still wants to be paid like it?

Hawks46

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":9w4yl6r6 said:
Hawks46":9w4yl6r6 said:
Which unit has been #1 in the NFL over the past 3 seasons and wants to be paid like it? Which unit hasn't but still wants to be paid like it?

Oh I don't disagree, it was more a humorous observation about how the team views defense vs. offense.

Funny, but nfl.com had an article written by Dave Damashek about an all NFC West squad. He picked Wilson, Lynch, and Graham as starters for their positions and Baldwin was the 3rd WR. That's a hefty amount of skill position players on our team considered the best at their positions in the NFC West.

grizbob

Reaction score
Anthony!":1rtvfsda said:
Hawks46":1rtvfsda said:

:34853_doh:

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Anthony!":jfv7to13 said:
grizbob":jfv7to13 said:
Hawks46":jfv7to13 said:

And 2014. They better reassess where their money is allotted. :roll:

Wasn't this a Wagner thread?

AVL

Reaction score
Did Wagner miss any time his rookie year? He seems injury prone.

OP
OP
OkieHawk

OkieHawk

Reaction score