Ticket prices

88Hawk

Reaction score
(Apologies if this is the wrong forum for this)

I am hoping to make it over for my first Hawks game later this year and was hoping to get some advice on ticket prices. Is $300 for a tier 1 endzone ticket the best I'm likely to get (looking on ticket exchange) or will there be cheaper tickets available after single game tickets go on sale? I was hoping to make it to the Cardinals game, so I guess that'll be more expensive than some others. Any advice would be great, cheers!

NYCoug

Reaction score
Speaking from experience, I always wait til the week of the game to get tickets. I know, I know, it sounds crazy to plan a trip to Seattle and all that without actual game tickets in hand, but trust me on this. You will get a better deal the closer it gets to game time. I usually pull the trigger a day or two before the game, via Stubhub, and I tend to get some pretty good deals (relatively speaking of course). People tend to panic as the game approaches, and prices usually dip significantly as people attempt to recoup whatever they can.

Good luck and I hope you get to make it out for the Cards game! Hopefully everything works out seamlessly for you with logistics, tickets, etc.

Cheers,
Go Hawks!

OP
OP

88Hawk

Reaction score
Haha you're mad! I don't think I have the balls to travel nearly 5000 miles and possibly not make it to the game! I bet it definitely works though!

Hawks46

Reaction score
Well, the other way to look at it is:

If you pay $50-75 per ticket more, but you have the security of getting the seats you want and actually having them in hand, so the rest of your trip goes smoothly.....then it's worth the extra price for security.

If you're stressed out about it the entire time and have anxiety about whether or not you're actually getting tickets, then you're stressing out about 100-300 bucks. The stress might not be worth it. There is a value to that.

mikeak

Reaction score
My philosophy has always been - there are tickets. You can always buy them outside. In general real close will normally be a bit cheaper unless you are going to a game that turns out to have playoff implications etc

So in general I wait because over time I save money even if once in awhile I pay more - it is kind of like extended warranty when you buy electronics. Over time you save money not buying it

WITH THAT SAID -- new technologies that allows the owner of the tickets to reprint them online with a brand new BAR code making the old one worthless have made me change my tactics. I am now hardpressed buying them on the street and I even dislike stubhub because you rarely get the electronic ticket. I know their talk about making it up to you and I know it is pretty safe but the safest way is to get the electronic ticket transferred which usually happens well prior to gameday......

Just my $0.02

hawksmode

Reaction score
Ticket exchange is by far the best as the others can be a little fishy...

On this site, any other previous print outs ( electronic copies ) are automatically void so you are guaranteed they are real.

Piece of mind is worth the money...but you can sometimes get cheaper closer to the date...you also risk them going up.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I agree with ticket exchange and waiting it out. If they lose a couple in a row the prices will drop a bit.

AgentDib

Reaction score
It's true that Ticket Exchange is the only sure thing because you get ownership of the bar codes which you do not get from other sources. If even a 0.0001% chance of not getting your tickets makes you queasy then that is really your only option.

That being said, we have purchased many, many tickets on StubHub with no issue at all and I would have no qualms about buying tickets from them. This is because StubHub holds onto the money and only passes it onto the sellers after the game if everything went smoothly. There's no financial upside to a seller trying to scam somebody out of their ticket and in the very unlikely case that a seller tried it anyway (ie. stupidity, trolling) then StubHub would most likely be able to get you a replacement. The only risk here is if you get a fantastic deal early in the season then the seller could back out of it by getting a different set of barcodes, but the expectations are already so high for this season that I don't see that as a real possibility.

What I would not do is purchase a ticket from Craigslist or another private party and hand over money prior to a game. In that scenario there is nothing to stop the seller from changing the barcodes and keeping your money.

mikeak

Reaction score
AgentDib":poy4z2tf said:
What I would not do is purchase a ticket from Craigslist or another private party AND hand over money prior to a game. In that scenario there is nothing to stop the seller from changing the barcodes and keeping your money.

I agree with that part based on the and :)

I buy on Craigslist all the time - three caveats

1) Using Paypal and designated it as a sales transaction

2) Within 90 days of event for paypal securing of funds

3) Electronic Transfer of tickets required

That way you know way before going if the person transferred the tickets electronically. You agree in writing for that to happen immediately when tickets are released (or funds paid if tickets are already released). That way I pay then the next day I get the tickets electronically.

Really zero risk with that as well. Heck I can file breach with Paypal within 2-3 days if they don't transfer the tickets electronically.

I find that the scammers on craigslist dissapear as soon as I write paypal and electronic ticket transfer.

pmedic920

Reaction score
I travel to a couple games a year, from Texas.
I only have 3 options that I'm willing to use.
1) Ticket Exchange
2) StubHub
3) A person that I know AND trust.

IMHO anything else is not worth the risk, even if that means paying more.

BTW, I always want the tickets in my hand before I leave my home.
Even when dealing with a friend/ meeting up before the game. Anything could happen, family emergency prior to the game, car crash on way to stadium etc etc.
Best of luck to you, congrats on first game, you're in for an experience.

OP
OP

88Hawk

Reaction score
Cheers for all the tips guys. Have now booked my flights, so definitely going to be coming over! Can't wait, will be only my second NFL game....I imagine it'll be just a little bit louder than the International series game I went to.