Rod Smith or Thomas Rawls

jake206

Reaction score
Whose better of the two? And who do you think will get C-Mike's spot? I know Rawls may be more explosive, but I like Smith. He has very sure hands.

Exittium

Reaction score
jake206":3ojleioe said:
Whose better of the two? And who do you think will get C-Mike's spot? I know Rawls may be more explosive, but I like Smith. He has very sure hands.

I don't know who's better. Rod Smith had open field infront of him, Rawls has a porous oline folding before the ball was in his hands :) :th2thumbs:

Maybe In the next preseason game assuming they both are still here we'll see how Smith is when facing the same collapsing oline.

Seafan

Reaction score
Rawls fits the mold. Smith is an intriguing athlete who might make a good FB if he beefed up. Tough calls which are always nice.

peppersjap

Reaction score
Smith was playing against a prevent defense in a 2 minute offense. Smith's game was inflated by the situation, Rawls was just flat out impressive in a normal game situation and as good as Smith looked who found the endzone? Christine Michael's competition is Rawls!

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
peppersjap":xze4v5z7 said:
Smith was playing against a prevent defense in a 2 minute offense. Smith's game was inflated by the situation, Rawls was just flat out impressive in a normal game situation and as good as Smith looked who found the endzone? Christine Michael's competition is Rawls!

This^^^

Rawls has the quickness that really suits the ZBS. He ran into a wall for most of the game because our OL wasn't doing ish right.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Rawls for sure.

I'm done with the C Mike experiment....it will just never pay off.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
I thought both looked good. The biggest knock I had was on the 1 play Smith bounced outside and saw he wasn't getting anything and he just pulled up and jogged out of bounds for a 1 yd loss, like Russ might do. I know it's preseason, but you gotta push for that extra yardage.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Both were playing against scrubs in the prevent defense. Smith was the outlet screen dump-off for Archer on several plays and he made the most of it. Had some good pickups. Rawls touchdown, interestingly enough, came on a 3rd and ten from the 19 yard line.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
If we can combine the two into one player it would be great, who wouldn't root for a Rod Rawls, Double R?

sutz

Reaction score
Well, game situations were different, but if I go by the standard for Seahawk RBs, I'd have to say that Rawls definitely looked more 'Beast-like' than Smith.

Melencause

Reaction score
I'd go with Rawls... he fits the mold more and Smith is a bit too tall for what the Seahawks are looking for in a running back.

Pete went on a full explanation about this a few years back if anyone has that link.

chris98251

Reaction score
Melencause":1263rih5 said:
I'd go with Rawls... he fits the mold more and Smith is a bit too tall for what the Seahawks are looking for in a running back.

Pete went on a full explanation about this a few years back if anyone has that link.

Dickerson was a bit tall as well, Rams should have cut him :)

I think it comes down to toughness and competing every play no matter your size if you have the ability, Look at Forsett and what he did in Baltimore.

Rob12

Reaction score
It's a toss up at this point. Both looked good. Thankfully we have three more preseason games to decipher this.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
chris98251":14fj7mnl said:
Melencause":14fj7mnl said:

Dickerson was a bit tall as well, Rams should have cut him :)

Rod Smith isn't Eric Dickerson.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Keep both along with Tukuafu and Coleman. Coleman can play that 3rd down role until the other guys can pass block.

Trade Turbin, Michael, and a 4th rounder for La'el Collins.

TVHAWK

Reaction score
I've been watching film on Thomas Rawls and he Really reminds me of the way Lynch runs...He never runs out of bounds, he always turns back towards the post and drags as many guys upfield as far as he can..He shows a good lateral hop and a nice 0ne cut and go..He seems ready-made for the zone blocking system..I think he could be developed into a future plug and play back in the post Lynch era..Go on u-tube and check him out..He's a beast.. :0190l:

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Neither is as good as cmike. This is a case of the staff trying to motivate via the media, fans then taking that coach speak seriously. Neither of them makes the team unless cmike is traded.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Neither is as good as cmike. This is a case of the staff trying to motivate via the media, fans then taking that coach speak seriously. Neither of them makes the team unless cmike is traded.

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":2qoparqy said:
I thought both looked good. The biggest knock I had was on the 1 play Smith bounced outside and saw he wasn't getting anything and he just pulled up and jogged out of bounds for a 1 yd loss, like Russ might do. I know it's preseason, but you gotta push for that extra yardage.

I agree that was a strange decision by Smith, but I wonder if he did it to stop the clock because we were trailing by 2 scores and time in the game was running out. If he had gone for extra yardage he might have been tackled in bounds. It's hard to believe a 4th string RB trying to make the roster would just purposefully avoid contact.

kearly

Reaction score
I want to see if Rod Smith can do this against NFL competition.

[youtube]mVcGG2QF1eQ[/youtube]

Rawls isn't awful, but I think Smith provides a better contrast to Turbin and Rawls does. I don't think either one knocks off Michael, but theoretically speaking, I would choose Smith based on what I've seen so far. He's a low level NFL talent, but he has some traits that Turbin and Rawls are in short supply of.

ImTheScientist":16lpr8vv said:

I see it that way too. Pete expressed long term views of Michael as recently as July. I think it is much more likely that Seattle would keep four halfbacks with Michael than keeping three without Michael.