Our Turn on Deadspin's Why Your Team Sucks

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
“Isn’t Gatorade the best? Just the best.”

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOO

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
100% spot on. Thought it was undeniably funny and true. The Gatorade part and the following sentence got me.

'Isn’t Gatorade the best? Just the best.'

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Good stuff... "Kyle's" story is pretty much the sum up of the last game..

And Sgt.Largents avi makes an appearance.

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
"He’s not Megatron, you know. He’s just some asshole."

:lol:

StoneCold

Reaction score
We need to bring back Ricardo Montalban from the dead to record this dressed as Khan from Star Trek.

"Go ahead and spew your hate it only makes me stronger. I will soak it in and revel in the acidic vitriol of your pathetic words and and it will drive me to chase you down through the hellfires of eternity to rip out your heart and raise it over my head on the field of VICTORY! (pause) You have no chance against the superior intellect."

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
"I can’t even imagine how many of his teammates make a wanking gesture any time this guy walks into the locker room and is like IT’S A GREAT DAY TO BE SPECIAL, YOU GUYS"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3ble87jo said:
And Sgt.Largents avi makes an appearance.

I feel so meta

I've compared Russell to A-Rod many times, so funny to see Deadspin feels the same. I always cringe when it comes time for the Hawks to be roasted on this, but pretty damn funny.

kearly

Reaction score
The Frank Clark and Marshawn stuff misses the mark badly, but everything else was hilarious. Matt Ufford (of SB Nation) added a brief essay at the end that was spot on.

Last year it just sounded like the guy writing it hated the Seahawks, too hateful to be funny. This time he focused on comedy instead of bashing and it had a much better result.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
I've read them all and this was one of the more spiteful, less fun ones (obviously I'm biased). But there was very little football content and more of a I hate this team vibe.

Osprey

Reaction score
"...NFL reporters treat Seattle like some kind of distant military outpost located across a sea filled with dragons."

So true.

AgentDib

Reaction score
I guess I'm the grinch here? I don't see the grain of truth in most of this stuff that is supposed to make it funny (or something like that).

The final call was clearly debatable and I respect disagreement with it. However, if you can't see that there IS a debate on both sides then you're not simply not respecting the role that execution plays in football outcomes. Also, the loss by that razor thin margin in no way tarnishes our drubbing of the Broncos. If anything, I am more appreciate of it and partly pity the Patriots in that the story turned into what the Seahawks did not do instead of what the Patriots did do.

If I did care about our players having a personality on twitter then every canned Wilson response is more than offset by Bennett and Sherman. Graham's likelihood of injury is surely not greater than Unger's was. "Clark the woman puncher" is not clever or factual, and the only amusing thing about this article is that Lynch's motivation might be to be "funny."

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
AgentDib":3pbukpbm said:
I guess I'm the grinch here? I don't see the grain of truth in most of this stuff that is supposed to make it funny (or something like that).

The final call was clearly debatable and I respect disagreement with it. However, if you can't see that there IS a debate on both sides then you're not simply not respecting the role that execution plays in football outcomes. Also, the loss by that razor thin margin in no way tarnishes our drubbing of the Broncos. If anything, I am more appreciate of it and partly pity the Patriots in that the story turned into what the Seahawks did not do instead of what the Patriots did do.

If I did care about our players having a personality on twitter then every canned Wilson response is more than offset by Bennett and Sherman. Graham's likelihood of injury is surely not greater than Unger's was. "Clark the woman puncher" is not clever or factual, and the only amusing thing about this article is that Lynch's motivation might be to be "funny."

You don't see the over the top calculated fake-esque personality of Wilson? Or how it's easy to root against Sherman cause he's such a I'm the greatest loud mouth? Or Pete's smugness (hell someone even made a gif of a monocled Pete strutting down the sideline for God's sake)? Or how our fan's can be obnoxious?

I think the author hit on just about every annoying thing about the Hawks, and did it quite well.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
This one wasn't that bad in terms of bashing. The other ones were a lot more funny, but biased here obviously. I'll take it.