Tyler Lockett in Jet Sweeps

DavidCruz24

Reaction score
Do you guys think Bevell will use Lockette in a similar role to how the used Harvin. Jet Sweeps and all the other gadget plays? He has the speed and more importantly he is elusive enough to do it. I'd love to see it. It would also make our offense more dynamic and add another role to a players that at first might not get many snaps on offense because hell be behind Kearse and Baldwin.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
DavidCruz24":1phap6zk said:
Do you guys think Bevell will use Lockette in a similar role to how the used Harvin. Jet Sweeps and all the other gadget plays? He has the speed and more importantly he is elusive enough to do it. I'd love to see it. It would also make our offense more dynamic and add another role to a players that at first might not get many snaps on offense because hell be behind Kearse and Baldwin.

He didn't use Ricardo that way last year, not sure why he would this year. Possibly you could see Tyler Lockett aka NO-E used that way from time to time.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
We could call it the Rocket Sweep? Just wait until P-Rich is back. He and Lockett together on the field will be very fun to watch!

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Hopefully not. Seamed to work at first but after teams adjusted not so much. Plus I done want Tyler running where the big guys can hit him.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
No, but I am thinking Bevell will call a play to throw to Ricardo on a 2nd and one yard from the goal line with like 30 seconds left in the game though.

rcaido

Reaction score
12thMan1":2pmqor3e said:
I think they'll use Mebane in jet sweeps.

Mebane plays defense, i doubt it maybe Hauschka.

HawkGA

Reaction score
rcaido":37vl2fwx said:
12thMan1":37vl2fwx said:
I think they'll use Mebane in jet sweeps.

Mebane plays defense, i doubt it maybe Hauschka.

I think you mean Jon Ryan. He can do everything.

Chuck Norris shaved his beard to look like Jon Ryan.

Fade

Reaction score
Tyler Lockett should be utilized in a multitude of ways.

Seafan

Reaction score
The Hawks could have a Rockett Sweep and a Rockette Sweep. Too bad they cut McCoy he could have really contributed to that Rockette Sweep.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
what about a reverse with Lockett instead of a Jet sweep?

HawkinNY

Reaction score
I don't want them to start doing that with him. Next thing you know Bevell won't know what to do with him and we will have Harvin all over again. So NO to the jet sweep only because it will ruin Tyler cause Bevell will only call that play for him and his days as a receiver will be officially over.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":15t3aj88 said:
what about a reverse with Lockett instead of a Jet sweep?

How about a double reverse from Ryan to Lockette to Lockett???

DavidSeven

Reaction score
If he has the initial speed to do it, and we can block it right, then why not? De'Anthony Thomas killed us on those last year. I'm curious if he has that kind of burst though (change-of-direction and 40-yard speed is obviously at or near elite level). Wouldn't make it a staple of the offense.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
I don't want them to start doing that with him. Next thing you know Bevell won't know what to do with him and we will have Harvin all over again. So NO to the jet sweep only because it will ruin Tyler cause Bevell will only call that play for him and his days as a receiver will be officially over.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
They should replace turnover Thursday with jet sweep Thursday in which every offensive player and 3 random players are forced to run 12 jet sweeps each.