How important is this week to Seattle?

ptisme

Reaction score
As a Packers fan I have been saying this game is FAR more important for the Packers. A loss at home to a team that has beaten you 4 straight would be devastating to the psyche.... Meanwhile Seattle would be 0-2 but we all know they are capable of running off 10 straight....

But this week will have home field implications. In your opinion Seahawks fans, is this game more important to the Seahawks than maybe I was considering? Is it necessary for the Hawks to get home field throughout or would you feel confident rolling into Lambeau for the NFCCG in the cold?

Laloosh

Reaction score
1-0 this week would be nice but until our new guys get comfortable in the secondary, I think we struggle against quarterbacks who can exploit some of those matchups.

I do expect to see much better play out of our linebackers. They looked uncharacteristically bad last week.

Actually think Lynch rushes for less than 100 this week as GB will sell out to stop him. We've seen bad run defenses do well against Lynch but I think Graham has a nice game.

As for importance. I think it's just as important to Seattle from a win/loss perspective but we'll be less butthurt if we walk away with a loss.

OP
OP
ptisme

ptisme

Reaction score
Laloosh":htb20byy said:
1-0 this week would be nice but until our new guys get comfortable in the secondary, I think we struggle against quarterbacks who can exploit some of those matchups.

I do expect to see much better play out of our linebackers. They looked uncharacteristically bad last week.

Actually think Lynch rushes for less than 100 this week as GB will sell out to stop him. We've seen bad run defenses do well against Lynch but I think Graham has a nice game.

As for importance. I think it's just as important to Seattle from a win/loss perspective but we'll be less butthurt if we walk away with a loss.
Thanks... What about the question of the thread?

marko358

Reaction score
It''s hard for me to pick which one it's more important to. It's very important to both teams for so many reasons. Assuming both teams remain relatively injury free I expect them to eventually meet in the playoffs. For that reason alone it's equally important to each that they get this win. Neither would like to be on the road for a rematch.

seahawks08

Reaction score
I will say this, we win this one, one thing to make a note of is the 5:30 game, while the body clock will be at it's prime for seahawks. Hopefully no one will be yawning like the last game

Hawks46

Reaction score
I think this game is very important to the Seahawks as pertains to home field advantage in the playoffs.

Other than playoff seeding, the OP is right. This game is likely more important to the Packers.

I do see importance in going up against an elite offense and having our younger guys in the secondary learn. I'm also interested in seeing if Clark gets more reps and how he does against a good OL.

OP
OP
ptisme

ptisme

Reaction score
seahawks08":1ftc4yg9 said:
I will say this, we win this one, one thing to make a note of is the 5:30 game, while the body clock will be at it's prime for seahawks. Hopefully no one will be yawning like the last game
Trivia question: When is the last time an Aaron Rodgers' led football team lost a regular season game at Lambeau Field.... Prime time or otherwise

OP
OP
ptisme

ptisme

Reaction score
Hawks46":1pkpvcui said:
I think this game is very important to the Seahawks as pertains to home field advantage in the playoffs.

Other than playoff seeding, the OP is right. This game is likely more important to the Packers.

I do see importance in going up against an elite offense and having our younger guys in the secondary learn. I'm also interested in seeing if Clark gets more reps and how he does against a good OL.
It almost isn't fair how well Clark has panned out for you guys.... yeah, I originally didn't think this mattered much to Seattle but now I'm not so sure... Gotta win the inter-conference games right?

StoneCold

Reaction score
It's not critical to either team, but it's important for a variety of emotional reasons. I think more so fro GB than Seattle because I am expecting us to struggle fro a few weeks until we get comfortable with all the new pieces. Once we do we will be fine. Personally I'd love to see the NFC championship in GB, of course we win again. :)

SC

OP
OP
ptisme

ptisme

Reaction score
StoneCold":1mvl02wv said:
It's not critical to either team, but it's important for a variety of emotional reasons. I think more so fro GB than Seattle because I am expecting us to struggle fro a few weeks until we get comfortable with all the new pieces. Once we do we will be fine. Personally I'd love to see the NFC championship in GB, of course we win again. :)

SC
I think you're under selling it... If Seattle wins they will have no problem coming into lambeau in the playoffs..... But if they lose Sunday, they might just start believing in the Lambeau mystique...

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Guess it depends how you look at it. I think barring any serious injury over the long haul of the season, this team is built to go on the road and win games.. even in January. So while having the playoffs come through Seattle would obviously be the most ideal thing, they could win in Lambeau if needed.

So in regards to HFA - it's a potentially big game. It's just so hard to forecast the 14 games after this one. I don't think it's "must win" for either side really. In terms of Green Bay, a loss on their home field to the team they should have beat for a SB bid would probably bruise some egos, but as long as Rodgers is upright.. that team is dangerous no matter where you get them... as was proven again in January.

I think the biggest thing a win would do for the Seahawks is it would silence the Kam Chancellor backstory for a bit.. and re-establish some confidence to the team, especially on defense. But if Aaron Rodgers comes out and puts up one of his 27/32, 300+ yards, 4 TD, 158.3 rating games.. then yeah.. it could really rattle some cages on this team.

We'll see. Going to be an interesting game.

BadgerVid

Reaction score
ptisme":2aea256i said:
StoneCold":2aea256i said:

SC
I think you're under selling it... If Seattle wins they will have no problem coming into lambeau in the playoffs..... But if they lose Sunday, they might just start believing in the Lambeau mystique...
If Seattle wins it, I doubt they go to Lambeau in January...

OP
OP
ptisme

ptisme

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":37ffoqpy said:
Guess it depends how you look at it. I think barring any serious injury over the long haul of the season, this team is built to go on the road and win games.. even in January. So while having the playoffs come through Seattle would obviously be the most ideal thing, they could win in Lambeau if needed.

So in regards to HFA - it's a potentially big game. It's just so hard to forecast the 14 games after this one. I don't think it's "must win" for either side really. In terms of Green Bay, a loss on their home field to the team they should have beat for a SB bid would probably bruise some egos, but as long as Rodgers is upright.. that team is dangerous no matter where you get them... as was proven again in January.

I think the biggest thing a win would do for the Seahawks is it would silence the Kam Chancellor backstory for a bit.. and re-establish some confidence to the team, especially on defense. But if Aaron Rodgers comes out and puts up one of his 27/32, 300+ yards, 4 TD, 158.3 rating games.. then yeah.. it could really rattle some cages on this team.

We'll see. Going to be an interesting game.
Great take... I actually think Seattle could win at Lambeau easier than than GB could win in Seattle.... Just because of the history out there.

kearly

Reaction score
After last week, the Hawks need a 'get right' game for their secondary. Even with depleted WRs, Green Bay on the road is probably the worst possible opponent for that.

I think it's fair to say that Green Bay fans emotionally 'need' this win more than Hawk fans do. It will help them heal from the NFCCG, and basically cinch HFA over Seattle just two weeks into the 2015 season. By contrast, many Hawks fans have already accepted an 0-2 start and are really just hoping this team gets right in time to make a playoff push.

With that said, I think the Hawks need to play a good game here much more than the Packers do. The Hawks have some lingering doubts in that locker room left over from the Super Bowl and are in desperate need of a confidence booster after seeing just how bad their OL and pass defense looked in week 1. Without swagger, without a dominant ground game, and without a suffocating pass defense, the Seahawks just aren't themselves.

OP
OP
ptisme

ptisme

Reaction score
BadgerVid":ycbnyf2i said:
ptisme":ycbnyf2i said:
StoneCold":ycbnyf2i said:

SC
If Seattle wins it, I doubt they go to Lambeau in January...
True... But if they lose they may have to...

OP
OP
ptisme

ptisme

Reaction score
kearly":3ofw8whf said:
After last week, the Hawks need a 'get right' game for their secondary. Even with depleted WRs, Green Bay on the road is probably the worst possible opponent for that.

I think it's fair to say that Green Bay fans emotionally 'need' this win more than Hawk fans do. It will help them heal from the NFCCG, and basically cinch HFA over Seattle just two weeks into the 2015 season. By contrast, many Hawks fans have already accepted an 0-2 start and are really just hoping this team gets right in time to make a playoff push.

With that said, I think the Hawks need to play a good game here much more than the Packers do. The Hawks have some lingering doubts in that locker room left over from the Super Bowl and are in desperate need of a confidence booster after seeing just how bad their OL and pass defense looked in week 1.
Your take on Packer fans emotionally needing this win is spot on and I would extend that to the Packers players and coaches as well..

Hawks46

Reaction score
ptisme":fum7ejyd said:
Hawks46":fum7ejyd said:

It almost isn't fair how well Clark has panned out for you guys.... yeah, I originally didn't think this mattered much to Seattle but now I'm not so sure... Gotta win the inter-conference games right?

If the Hawks go there and get smashed, it would be the first time in the Wilson era. We don't really know how this team would handle that, it might hurt some confidence if we had to play there in the playoffs.

If we go there and physically dominate the Packers and either win, or barely lose, it could put some doubts in the Packers' minds that they really can't beat this team.

There could be some psychological impact either way, but I still think it all comes down to playoff seeding. We won HFA last year by what, 1/2 game ?

jammerhawk

Reaction score
This game is quite important as the team would be 0-2 in conference games with a key loss to a team that many perceive to be the principal conference rival that may ultimately determine end of season seeding.

I suppose it could be said the game is more important to GB, b/c if they lose again to Seattle the Hawks may be in their head. Somehow though conference games are always all very important.

OP
OP
ptisme

ptisme

Reaction score
Hawks46":243iiu6m said:
ptisme":243iiu6m said:
Hawks46":243iiu6m said:

If the Hawks go there and get smashed, it would be the first time in the Wilson era. We don't really know how this team would handle that, it might hurt some confidence if we had to play there in the playoffs.

If we go there and physically dominate the Packers and either win, or barely lose, it could put some doubts in the Packers' minds that they really can't beat this team.

There could be some psychological impact either way, but I still think it all comes down to playoff seeding. We won HFA last year by what, 1/2 game ?
Sometimes an entire season can come down to one play... Had the sure handed Jordy Nelson made this play (which he would have 1000 times in a row after that if given the chance) the NFCCG would have been at Lambeau:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnYUay_wkio