What was the deal with Lynch tonight?

Mike 4G

Reaction score
It seemed like he was unhappy or not feeling well? It was weird to see him sitting out so much.

Rob12

Reaction score
Probably feels like a lot of us do.

Many things are heavily amiss with this team right now. I'm concerned; but still think this team can still finish 14-2. And no, I'm not joking. The talent is there. But this team needs to find some answers this week.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Mike 4G":qf4c45qw said:
It seemed like he was unhappy or not feeling well? It was weird to see him sitting out so much.

Maybe he still feels the coaches want Wilson to win MVP over him?

WilliamCooper

Reaction score
Mike 4G":36w7efdf said:

Personally? I think he's (a) fat and has lost a step (b) is sick of Bevs predictable play calling (c) still has hard feelings abotu last year's SB play call.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
If I had to guess I'd say he was sick of 2 or 3 unblocked defenders hitting him behind the LOS.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
WilliamCooper":21q8harn said:
Mike 4G":21q8harn said:

Personally? I think he's (a) fat and has lost a step (b) is sick of Bevs predictable play calling (c) still has hard feelings abotu last year's SB play call.

He'll get glad the same way he got sad.....100 yards a game.

andyh64000

Reaction score
Green Bay was selling out against the run. It was obvious from the start but it took Bevell 3 quarters to figure it out.

davidonmi

Reaction score
WilliamCooper":1d1iry3b said:
Mike 4G":1d1iry3b said:

(a) doubt it, (b) maybe, (c) definitely.
He'll be fine though

seahawk Dan

Reaction score
Rob12":qv41ibds said:

Many things are heavily amiss with this team right now. I'm concerned; but still think this team can still finish 14-2. And no, I'm not joking. The talent is there. But this team needs to find some answers this week.

I am hoping you are joking I believe our team will be 11-5 0r at the best 12-4 buy not losing another game ? I do not know about that .

seahawk Dan

Reaction score
andyh64000":1tvlyxw5 said:
Green Bay was selling out against the run. It was obvious from the start but it took Bevell 3 quarters to figure it out.

Yes too slow we can not always coming behind in games we will not win many that way

Rob12

Reaction score
seahawk Dan":l36anqvc said:
Rob12":l36anqvc said:

I am hoping you are joking I believe our team will be 11-5 0r at the best 12-4 buy not losing another game ? I do not know about that .

I'm just saying it's possible. Never said it was expected or likely. No reason to think, at least in my mind, that this team can't make a monstrous run like that.

strat1080

Reaction score
andyh64000":2kqt6lzj said:

They weren't necessarily selling out to stop the run. They were selling out to stop cut back runs. They couldn't stop Wilson from running on read option plays. Its not like they were stacking the box.

sutz

Reaction score
strat1080":qfelx491 said:
andyh64000":qfelx491 said:

They weren't necessarily selling out to stop the run. They were selling out to stop cut back runs. They couldn't stop Wilson from running on read option plays. Its not like they were stacking the box.
This ^^^

And it seemed to me that Lynch was often cutting back too soon, when he had daylight in front of him. :229031_shrug:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
The deal was he had to expend a tremendous amount of energy to gain two yards a carry because the O-line was getting destroyed.

That's what I saw, I saw a tired Lynch in the 4th quarter.

Hawks46

Reaction score
strat1080":12i5d794 said:
andyh64000":12i5d794 said:

Not sure what you were seeing, but from what I saw was that GB was selling out to stop the run.

No, they weren't stacking 9 in the box, but they were overloading the run play side (while keeping a guy on the back side for cutbacks), blitzing LBers into run gaps, and blitzing their SS into run games on the play side. They most definitely sold out to stop the run, and for the 2nd week in a row.....a team didn't respect our pass game.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Nothing (outside of Kam's return) will cure what ails this team right now more than a good ol' fashioned ass kicking this Sunday at home against a crappy, Cutler-less Bears team.

HawkerD

Reaction score
The only thing wrong with Lynch is the crappy OLine he has in front of him. There are zero holes and zero cut back lanes due to inept blocking talent. I watched games all day yesterday specifically looking at how the RBs were doing and bottom line is that Lynch is getting hit in the back field before he even gets near the LOS. Just look at Stark and Lacy yesterday. constantly getting to the second level. Since last year the Oline has regressed (understandably so with the turnover in personnel). And now with the D under performing and the need to move the ball better than we did last year, the roosters are coming home.

MoneyLynch24

Reaction score
I think Lynch is definitely a little heavy right now, you can see it in his face. I wanna say he had a 'heavy year' a few years back, where he for whatever reason decided to play strictly like a power back, and then he came back the next year lighter and in better shape, hitting holes harder and getting to the edges faster. He does seem a little indecisive now and is less likely to make you miss vs run you over. This happened in Buffalo for a year too, if I'm not mistaken.

Lynch is special because he has happy feet/crazy legs which used to give him great lateral quickness that allowed him to skate laterally with his shoulders square to the LOS. Throughout his career he's benefited from having power-back qualities but not necessarily being strictly a power back. He's had the luxury of playing both side of that, but he's always played bigger than he actually is. This is looking like another heavy, power back type of year for Lynch unless that extra weight falls off, which it might over the course of the season.

I know they rest Lynch A TON at practice but I think he's not getting enough cardio and doing enough running. His practice reps have been low for the past few years and I just think with him being that close to 30, he should be doing everything he can to no lose a step or have that fluffy 'dad bod' set in. Of course I'm no expert, I'm sure they tell Lynch what he should be doing to stay in shape, and I'm sure he replies with something along the lines of "I'm good."

If anything, this is the year everyone is expecting a Beastmode decline, so I really need Money to show up and blow up. We're only 2 games in and it's been a interesting start, but I think once we fine tune the offense (or open the playbook) things will pan out and we'll find our balance.

Also, maybe the FO know's they simply can't be as reliant on Lynch anymore to prepare for the future. Everything is speculation, so who knows?!

ringless

Reaction score
I know what I've said has been disregarded as impossible during the offseason but try to look at it from a neutral point of view.

Last year, he played through serious pain and needed injections just to play. During one game he was in so much pain he couldn't even make it to the locker room at the half. He is now considered old for the position, and plays a very punishing running style. Time is simply starting to catch up, and as the season goes on, he will only have more wear and tear. He has a whole more year of said wear and tear than he had a year ago and look at what he played through then.

He will have a significant decline this year.