Beast Mode "alleged" altercation with Fans

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Happened before the game, I guess he was a little pissed off.

http://www.tmz.com/2015/09/21/marshawn-lynch-allegedly-threatens-13-year-old-boy-family-says/

Marshawn Lynch allegedly threatened to "slap the smile" off the face of a 13-year-old boy who was asking for an autograph this weekend ... this according to the boy's uncle.
Neither the boy nor his uncle captured the alleged threat on tape -- but say it all went down in front of a group of witnesses.
Here's the deal ... Lynch (who was in Wisconsin to play the Packers) was leaving the team hotel on Saturday when a group of young autograph seekers hit him up for his signature.
In footage that has already surfaced, you can see Lynch wasn't having it -- and told the group to "back up off me."
But we spoke with Dave Medina -- who was there with his 13-year-old nephew -- and he says Lynch got even nastier when the cameras stopped recording.
"He told my nephew, 'How would you like it if I slapped that #$%^(*& phone out of your hand and that smile off your face.'"
Medina says he was absolutely shocked at Lynch's behavior because the group -- comprised mostly of high school kids -- get autographs at the hotel from other NFL players all the time and they've never had an incident before.
We reached out to Marshawn's people for comment -- so far, no word back.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I don't fault Lynch as it looks like they were trying to push his buttons. Respect someone and if they don't want to sign following them around recording them and you deserve to get slapped. Smells like a setup to me.

BBQHawk

Reaction score
Hey the kid almost got one. We all know an autograph from Marshawn is a knuckle imprint on your face.

RussB

Reaction score
If it was after the loss i can see why he was in a bad mood. And ppl dont realize how annoying it is to have cameras in your face all the time. but it just might be BS for publicity also.

canfan

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":2w2xsg8y said:
Happened before the game, I guess he was a little pissed off.

http://www.tmz.com/2015/09/21/marshawn-lynch-allegedly-threatens-13-year-old-boy-family-says/

Marshawn Lynch allegedly threatened to "slap the smile" off the face of a 13-year-old boy who was asking for an autograph this weekend ... this according to the boy's uncle.
Neither the boy nor his uncle captured the alleged threat on tape -- but say it all went down in front of a group of witnesses.
Here's the deal ... Lynch (who was in Wisconsin to play the Packers) was leaving the team hotel on Saturday when a group of young autograph seekers hit him up for his signature.
In footage that has already surfaced, you can see Lynch wasn't having it -- and told the group to "back up off me."
But we spoke with Dave Medina -- who was there with his 13-year-old nephew -- and he says Lynch got even nastier when the cameras stopped recording.
"He told my nephew, 'How would you like it if I slapped that #$%^(*& phone out of your hand and that smile off your face.'"
Medina says he was absolutely shocked at Lynch's behavior because the group -- comprised mostly of high school kids -- get autographs at the hotel from other NFL players all the time and they've never had an incident before.
We reached out to Marshawn's people for comment -- so far, no word back.

So...the kid had a phone in his hand and didn't get a picture of the threatening action or a recording of the exchange? I think if I was a kid after an autograph I would want to record "BeastMode". Something sounds a little off about this story. It doesn't fit in with anything else I've heard about Lynch with kids. Unless the kid was a disrespectful A hole - not that there are any 13 year olds like that kicking around. ;)

seabowl

Reaction score
I heard that Marshaen respectfully declined and sai "I'm all about that action boss".

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
I think it's widely known he does not like being approached in public. Like at all.

Not surprising.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
If you follow a guy for 40 feet and he doesn't talk to you, or even acknowledge you.... then you should take the hint and leave the guy the hell alone. Marshawn did NOTHING wrong in that video.

GLio14

Reaction score
Always two sides of the story. Judging by Marshawn's positive history with kids, the 13 year old was probably being a little jerk trying to provoke him. BeastMode wouldn't of done that just because.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Most these kids aren't fans. They are professional autograph seekers who will hassle and annoy until they get their way. Some might just want the autograph for their collection but I'm guessing a lot of them are selling it on Ebay.

What pisses me off most is people like the "uncle" who allow, if not, encourage a paparazzi approach to getting an autograph, but then bad mouth players when their plan doesn't work.

JimmyG

Reaction score
Getting harassed in public is no fun. For someone as famous as Marshawn, this probably happens nearly every time he goes out in public. He's a pretty benevolent guy, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt here.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Me thinks it was some butthurt cheese fans. Before yesterday they were 0-3 in the RW era, and felt Seattle stole a super bowl appearance from them.

Sealake80

Reaction score
Stupid fans to get on the Beasts bad side. I'm gonna wager if 24 talked about slapping the smile offa someones mug they deserved it.

NorthVanHawker

Reaction score
I stayed at the team hotel this weekend and was in an area where Marshawn was walking by me....I asked for a photo and he politely declined....I left it at that...Respect the guys privacy and space people.

Someone said earlier in the thread these kids are simply lookin for autographs...This is exactly what I saw...They are out to make a buck and not true fans of these guys.

Anyways, the majority of the Hawks were cool for pics but again leave the guys alone if they dont acknowledge or politely decline....

Bruce ignored me as he walked by and again, I left it as is...He ain't interested morons so leave it be!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":2usaygar said:
Hey folks, we have a forum specifically designed for talk about politics, war, and religion. It's even labeled as such. Take it there or take a time out.
Beat me to it. 8)