Hawks fan experience at Lambeau

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
"I cannot even put into words how gracious, warm, accommodating and amazing the fans and people were before, during AND after their victorious win over the Seahawks," Russell wrote. "We spent hours tailgating with so many Packers fans who opened their arms by offering food, talking about the field, about Wisconsin about how they wanted to beat Seattle very badly, but should the best team win.

I hope opposing fans can always say this after they've been to Century Link from here on out. No matter how much we dislike the team that we are playing.

iigakusei

Reaction score
Positive stories have no place here!
But honestly I think that is fabulous. People realizing it is just a game and being gracious guests (Seahawks fans) and hosts (Packers fans). Those Seahawks fans obviously approached the experience with a positive vibe and were treated in kind. What a concept!

AgentDib

Reaction score
It was fine. The crowd wasn't as good as on Thursday night in Arrowhead but a lot better than the St. Louis crowd the previous week. There was a hilarious altercation between two green bay fans near me regarding when to stand and when to sit ("Seats are Made For Sitting"). A few drunker fans wanted to get into arguments afterwards but that's the same everywhere. Transportation around the stadium could use some work, it reminded me of trying to leave the White River Amphitheater here in Seattle.

It's a nice stadium though. I like the bowl layouts that put everybody close to the field and the metal bleacher seating works fine.

dutchman063

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":495vgttp said:
"I cannot even put into words how gracious, warm, accommodating and amazing the fans and people were before, during AND after their victorious win over the Seahawks," Russell wrote. "We spent hours tailgating with so many Packers fans who opened their arms by offering food, talking about the field, about Wisconsin about how they wanted to beat Seattle very badly, but should the best team win.

I hope opposing fans can always say this after they've been to Century Link from here on out. No matter how much we dislike the team that we are playing.

Ive talked to a few opposing teams fans (panther/bears) who have traveled to many road games ventured into Centry link and they were saying seattle was one of the worse places as far as fan behaivor to opposing fans.

I was in Lambeau back in 04 with my buddy for a bears packer games and that whole freakin city was as nice as can be to us

gowazzu02

Reaction score
dutchman063":pbchyuvk said:
Jazzhawk":pbchyuvk said:

Ive talked to a few opposing teams fans (panther/bears) who have traveled to many road games ventured into Centry link and they were saying seattle was one of the worse places as far as fan behaivor to opposing fans.

I was in Lambeau back in 04 with my buddy for a bears packer games and that whole freakin city was as nice as can be to us

I'd venture to say thats cause of the crappy tail gate situatino around the clink. Alot of the great stories you hear are from fans walking through the tail gate, getting offered food/beverage/watching early games together. Seattles tail gate situation sucks.

c_hawkbob

Reaction score
I've only been to one home Seahawks game (Kingdome in 76) but have been to away games all across the country and in my experience Tennessee is far and away the friendliest stadium to visit, followed by Green Bay and St Louis. Denver was cool my first few games there but I did almost get in a fight on my last visit, so that knocked them down to the second tier.

Unless you count Hawaii Pro Bowls, in which case they blow everyone out of the water!

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Being from Michigan, I know a whole bunch of Lions fans that have been to Lambeau for away games and EVERY one of them said the same thing. I have never heard of a bad experience there.
The few GB fans I have met in person have been a lot of fun. The internet brings out the worst in people and trolls are everywhere so I never judge a fan base by the online experience.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I've heard so many good things about Lambeau that I would take my wife and kids there.

It's a bucket list thing for me to see a Seahawk game there.

OP
OP
ptisme

ptisme

Reaction score
AgentDib":1bb046x3 said:
It was fine. The crowd wasn't as good as on Thursday night in Arrowhead but a lot better than the St. Louis crowd the previous week. There was a hilarious altercation between two green bay fans near me regarding when to stand and when to sit ("Seats are Made For Sitting"). A few drunker fans wanted to get into arguments afterwards but that's the same everywhere. Transportation around the stadium could use some work, it reminded me of trying to leave the White River Amphitheater here in Seattle.

It's a nice stadium though. I like the bowl layouts that put everybody close to the field and the metal bleacher seating works fine.
People who live up here know the easy in/easy out at Lambeau... You don't want to take Lombardi ave...

OP
OP
ptisme

ptisme

Reaction score
Hawks46":2dkybiax said:
I've heard so many good things about Lambeau that I would take my wife and kids there.

You're family would be treated great. Every so often a drunk Packer fan will be a dick and try to pick a fight or dump a beer on an opposing fan. They immediately get pointed out by Packer fans and are arrested.....

Silver Hawk

Reaction score
ptisme":1pda7ekh said:
Hawks46":1pda7ekh said:

You're family would be treated great. Every so often a drunk Packer fan will be a dick and try to pick a fight or dump a beer on an opposing fan. They immediately get pointed out by Packer fans and are arrested.....

I was there. Almost every single Packer fan that I spoke to was exceedingingly nice. Like, incredibly nice. That being said, I had to deal with two drunk, nasty Packer fans, as noted above. Two different situations. I'm trying to forget about those two.