Sherman going to get thrown at this game?

gowazzu02

Reaction score
I think it's the biggest complement Sherm can get, Rodgers, the best qb in the game only threw at richard 2 times, both on FREE plays that he knew there wouldn't be any consequences.

Jimmy wont be as poised or controlled. I think Sherm gets one this week.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Sherman hasn't exactly looked like the shut down corner everyone knows him to be through the first two weeks, so my guess is other teams are seeing that on film.

We need to get Crabtree in here to light a fire under Sherm, cause IMO he's looked pretty tame of late.

BullHawk33

Reaction score
Sherm hasn't looked the same, but it is a very small sample size. Any reports of his demise are purely speculation and extremely premature.

That said, I sure do hope they throw to his side this week. It is the easiest way for us to get interceptions.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I think Sherm probably missed Kam the most. Have a feeling there was a lot of hesitation on his part in coverage with Shead or Bailey back there.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Sherman isn't nearly the same player if he isn't talking, because he has something to back up. We need a bears player to say something stupid to get him upset.

The same could be said about the team. I miss the underdog role of being disrespected.

Sherman will play well this game. Hopefully Jimmy throws it his way a few times

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1zfpq0or said:
I think Sherm probably missed Kam the most. Have a feeling there was a lot of hesitation on his part in coverage with Shead or Bailey back there.

I think they ALL miss Kam back there.

When it's week 3 and Williams has looked the best out of the LOB? Something's going on with Sherm and Earl trying to do too much me thinks.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
He missed most of camp, and frankly, the entire D has been out of synch. I'm not terribly worried.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
BullHawk33":2kc22ogz said:
Sherm hasn't looked the same, but it is a very small sample size. Any reports of his demise are purely speculation and extremely premature.

That said, I sure do hope they throw to his side this week. It is the easiest way for us to get interceptions.

People were saying the same stuff about Sherman the first few weeks last year. Remember all the reports after Week 2 last year (Chargers game) about how the Chargers "exposed" Sherman? Opposing fans were eating that up.

People love to overreact and try to bash elite players whenever they make a mistake or two.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No doubt. He had TD thrown against him vs. Aaron Rodgers, because that never happens to anyone in the league.

RussB

Reaction score
It would still be very dumb to throw at sherman even if he got a couple passes on im lately. eventually he will make a play and the QB will regret ever throwing at him. I hope they test him to be honest

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":fvyrqh9o said:
No doubt. He had TD thrown against him vs. Aaron Rodgers, because that never happens to anyone in the league.

You have to admit Sherm looked pretty bad on that slant...........and it's not like he got burned by Odell Beckham, he got burned by a 31 year old James Jones.

No cause for alarm, but I'm ready for Sherman to look like Sherman.

jblaze

Reaction score
He seems to be giving up on plays too early. On the James Jones TD, he saw saw Rodgers scrambling to his left and slowed down on Jones and Rodgers threw back across his body for a TD. Sherman was loafing.

Same with that PI call, Rodgers extended the play and drifted to the middle of the field and Rodgers scrambled then threw deep and Sherman just tackled the guy. His PFT grade was the lowest of any Seahawk last week.

Yes they will throw at him but he's seemed aloof this year so far. Having Kam back should help but honestly, it's Earl that is his safety blanket back there so not really sure how it's going to be helping all that much as a corner.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, when you have no safety help, that changes everything. No matter how hard I try, I can't get worried about Sherm.

ringless

Reaction score
From PFF: Sherman got the worst grade of his career.

But Sherman’s grade didn’t come from just that one play. He was also called for two coverage penalties, both on rookie wide receiver Ty Montgomery. He also missed a pair of tackles, one on a run play and one on a screen.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2 ... t-packers/

Week 1

Foles hit one big pass to Stedman Bailey for 22 yards with Richard Sherman in coverage, and that was enough for Greg Zuerlein to hit a 37-yard field goal in overtime

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I think the PI play was on ET; Sherman was expecting to pass the receiver off to the deep safety, who was out of position because he got fooled by Rodgers' eyes/movement. Sherman had already let the receiver go before the pass was thrown. Of course, you would only know this by watching the All-22; PFF insanely releases initial grades off the broadcast copy.

Not sure who's to blame for the Jones' TD. Michael Bennett more than anyone. Looks like Earl might've gotten fooled by Aaron's movement again. Sherman still could've put a hand on it and been tighter on Jones. But most of all, Rodgers made an impossible throw across his body and once again had a free play to do so. They got beat by the best there.

ringless

Reaction score
Yes Sherman is still a top 3 CB in the league. Two games of below normal performances is not a big enough sample size. I think it'd take until at least week 8 to start making any claims that say different

OP
OP
gowazzu02

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Not the same??

I could be wrong, but I only remember THREE plays in which he got beat, Jones TD on a false start free play, then the long pi call, that should of been blown dead before the snap.

and once vs the rams vs the other WV reciever, not austin but the other guy.

3 plays in 2 games?

You guys are a tough crowd.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
gowazzu02":ej5bxz11 said:
Not the same??

I could be wrong, but I only remember THREE plays in which he got beat, Jones TD on a false start free play, then the long pi call, that should of been blown dead before the snap.

and once vs the rams vs the other WV reciever, not austin but the other guy.

3 plays in 2 games?

You guys are a tough crowd.

Did you read Ringless's post above? Sherman is missing tackles, playing off too far and generally not being the shut down corner he usually is.

Now IMO that should drastically improve now that Kam's back, so Sherm can just go back to shutting down one side of the field like he always does.

Latest posts