Sherman going to get thrown at this game?

Taehwk

Reaction score
Just to add - in that Rams game Sherman was also playing nickel as well. There has got to be a learning curve there. So yeah, I am not too worried. The missed tackles needs to be cleaned up but that's to be expected since he barely played in the preseason and it's a team wide problem.

hawk45

Reaction score
That article mentions Sherman was beaten only once in primary coverage, and that his grade comes from 2 coverage penalties and 2 missed tackles.

The penalties are going to happen when Sherman rides the line. As far as missed tackles go, it's true he isn't looking the same as last year. But he's looking the same as Earl and Wagner to me.

Earl has done his dive in headfirst no-arms routine once per game at least. Wagner has also been missing tackles.

Our stars have all looked sub-par. I worry about Sherman as much as I worry about Earl and Wagner, which is to say I don't think any of them are in any sort of significant decline, but they all need to pull their heads out and tighten down the focus. Coverage will improve with Kam's return, tackling shouldn't be crap even if Kam is relocated to Mars.

OP
OP
gowazzu02

gowazzu02

Reaction score
I guess i'll trust you on missed tackles. I haven't mentioned any huge ones but i'll take your word for it.

As for "off coverage" again hes only allowed 2 balls on him in 2 games, I dont care if he's lined up in the parking lot if he's not getting completed on...

jblaze

Reaction score
I'm hoping his performance and the rest of the defense was more of a, "we're not complete" thing than anything. I hope they rally and get back to dominating now that Kam is back. Seems like it's all mental at this point.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
gowazzu02":2l6sb38r said:
I guess i'll trust you on missed tackles. I haven't mentioned any huge ones but i'll take your word for it.

As for "off coverage" again hes only allowed 2 balls on him in 2 games, I dont care if he's lined up in the parking lot if he's not getting completed on...

Starks had a huge run up the middle on us that both Sherman and Thomas whiffed on the tackle.

But it's not just Sherman on the missed tackles, the entire defense has tackled poorly........especially for this team that prides itself on tackling.

Latest posts