I think this team is about to gel. I believe we are on the

ivotuk

Reaction score
Edge of success.

It seems like everyone on the defense is just a little off. Richard Sherman is not being the shut down corner that he normally is. Kam Chancellor is a tad slow in recognition and in communication with Earl. And Cary Williams needs to learn how to be a little more subtle with his grabs.

The defensive line has speed and power, but it like buzzard luck that when they shoot the gap (and OMG does Michael Bennett shoot that gap sometimes) it's always the wrong gap.

The linebackers seem to be playing best of all, but now Bobby Wagner is hurt. I love Bruce Irvin, but I think they need to keep his assignments simple so that he can play fast.

The backups and new guys are playing well and getting better. "Tuba," Frank Clark, Cassius Marsh, all had some good plays.

But it's like they're all off just a bit on their assignments. I think it's the same for the offense who definitely improved.

But I'm optimistic. We lost, on the road to a damn good team. I've got more, but works calls.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I agree. I really do believe we are "this close" to firing on all cylinders. This is not a crappy team that needs to be rebuilt, this is a championship team that is a few adjustments here and there from rediscovering their swagger.

2_0_6

Reaction score
:sarcasm_on: But they got paid, aren't hungry, and now only care about their bank accounts! :sarcasm_off:

Yes OP, I completely agree. It starts this Sunday against the kitties.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":27rq5rtp said:
:sarcasm_on: But they got paid, aren't hungry, and now only care about their bank accounts! :sarcasm_off:

The little things we're missing could be tied to money imo.

Kam obviously.

Richard, yes. How can our huge contract corner be the one picked on in the clutch against st Louis?

Bobby started the year way too slow.

Ultimately i think things are coming together slowly now.

But your ultra dismissive stance against the fat and happy argument is equally as short sighted as the one you claim to be so naive.

And your prior argument about guaranteed money seems strange to me considering Sherman got what, 40 guaranteed, and russ 60?.

Financial planning takes a huge commitment. Not knocking the players so much as just facing reality. How many less drills or study has russ been exposed to this year from getting paid and having to make financial decisions out the ass?. It's immeasurable in reality, but my guess is at least two first downs worth. Given the rams and Bengals games, that's the margin of victory in itself.

stang233

Reaction score
I actually do not disagree.... However too little to late. Going on the road in the playoffs is just to tough.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Optimus25":pxdlxh3j said:
Hawk_Nation":pxdlxh3j said:

Kam obviously.

Richard, yes. How can our huge contract corner be the one picked on in the clutch against st Louis?

But your ultra dismissive stance against the fat and happy argument is equally as short sighted as the one you claim to be so naive.

And your prior argument about guaranteed money seems strange to me considering Sherman got what, 40 guaranteed, and russ 60?.

Financial planning takes a huge commitment. Not knocking the players so much as just facing reality. How many less drills or study has russ been exposed to this year from getting paid and having to make financial decisions out the ass?. It's immeasurable in reality, but my guess is at least two first downs worth. Given the rams and Bengals games, that's the margin of victory in itself.

funny that it seems the Seahawks are the only ones who have high profile and high paid players that have "gotten paid" and now choose to be lazy..

This boils down the scheme and coaching NOT overpaid players who all of a sudden became lazy.

Rocket

Reaction score
I'm generally a PMA person with respect to the Hawks losing... hey, I've had practice, especially in the AFC west and that damn buck-toothed quarterback days.
Perhaps I've been poisoned by victory.

I just can't get past the damn Trib article about "changing the mode". Reminds me of the tone you get from your four year old when he's caught doing something wrong.
This feels like Pete covering for the Bubble™.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":3pkdtnot said:
Optimus25":3pkdtnot said:
Hawk_Nation":3pkdtnot said:

Kam obviously.

funny that it seems the Seahawks are the only ones who have high profile and high paid players that have "gotten paid" and now choose to be lazy..

This boils down the scheme and coaching NOT overpaid players who all of a sudden became lazy.

I'm the biggest Bevell critic here. Agree. But don't try to say going from undrafted or third rounder or fifth rounder into superstar millionaire doesn't affect your psyche or at least dent your focus. And please quote where i use the term lazy.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
The offense, wow Tomas Rawls! What a little powerhouse! He punishes people, and he showed something that no one expected, the speed to go the distance. I screamed so loud and jumped up and down that my plants fell over.

Rawls isn't Marshawn Lynch, but he's a keeper. And the offensive line started to show something. I was really excited to see Tom Cable run out on the field, tearing his headset off to celebrate that run, then turned around to be chest-bumped by Bevell and given a rough push by Jimmy Graham. What if Cable is correct in saying that this is his best group he's ever had? I for one believe him because listening to O'Neill and Huard, they both think that Cable believes in what he is saying. I can't see Tom lying about something like this and destroying his credibility.

These 5 guys have the talent, they just need to put it all together. How gratifying would it be to see that happen at the time that Dallas' Oline seems to be falling apart? That might have just been New England having 2 weeks to prepare for them, but still, that many high picks should not have looked that bad. If our Oline improves from the Cinci game, we're in a for a lot of big runs!

Our wide receivers are no slouch either! Tyler Lockett had a couple of rookie mistakes, like not getting that 2nd foot down (This ain't college ball bub). But he's on the cusp of being really good. Did you see how many times he got wide open? Ridiculous!

Then we've got ADB and Kearse, 2 very good, going to grab that ball no matter what, wide receivers. And that doesn't include Chris Mathews who could go off at any time, Jimmy Graham who I think we're still adjusting to, and Luke Willson who will only get better. But we do need a good blocking TE. Too bad McCoy is a Redskin, I thought he was a better blocker than Helfet, who I don't understand him still being here. What am I missing?

Man would I love to get Little Gronkowski from K-State for a fullback!. I watched that game Saturday and he definitely has the physical talent, but he's got a lot to learn. I guess I should be happy with our current FB, but he seems hit or miss. Tukuafu on the other hand is a devastating blocker when he gets his hands on people. He should be a goal line option like they used to do with Michael Robinson. Spin like it's going to Marshawn but it's actually already in Tukuafu's hands and he's blasting bodies on his way to the EZ.

If only Russell could get consistent blocking in the passing game. The times that he does get more than 1.5 seconds, he really lights it up. And I did see improvement yesterday on his decision making, well except for that tipped ball to Graham that was picked off! Damnit! Live for another down Russell! Get that ball up higher where only your MONSTER TE can catch it.

Sometimes I wish luck would go our way a little more, like if that tipped pass would have ricocheted to one of our guys for a TD. There were so many little things that if only they had gone our way, we would have won. Like where was the pass interference on the Bengal DB that shoulder blocked Tyler Lockett from catching that long pass? It was obvious that he got there early! WTH? If only No E would have gotten that 2nd foot down, if only...

There were a lot of those "if onlys" on our end, but little or none on the Bengals end, and that's why I believe that we are on the cusp, and could be poised to go 12-4...or maybe even 13-3. There's been a lot of distraction early on, and I think that's effected the focus of this football team, but we have Pete Carroll, and he will get them back on track. And while he's doing that, Tom Cable will be kicking ass in the trenches, and Darrell Bevell will be...doing whatever it is he does.

I don't need to mention Kris Richard, because imho, he's doing a good job. The only thing he needs to do is bring focus to his defense. I think he calls a good game, and he's young, but I was excited when he got the DC job, because for whatever reason, former DBs seem to make the best Defensive Coordinators. It may be that is because while playing, they had to watch everything in front of them and know what was going on up there. That is also why I hope that when Kam's career is over, that he comes back here as our DC. :th2thumbs:

HawkFan72

Reaction score
stang233":2pe923tb said:
I actually do not disagree.... However too little to late. Going on the road in the playoffs is just to tough.

We were saying this last year when the Hawks were 3-3. They finished 9-1 to take the #1 seed.

I'm not saying it's going to happen again (looks very unlikely with the Packers playing so good), but just making the point that anything can happen.

It looked like there was no way would would catch the Cardinals last year when we were at this point in the season.

mistaowen

Reaction score
I thought we were 'back' after the fumble recovery touchdown. It just felt like old games where the defense finally delivered a killing blow and the other team was defeated. They zoomed to Dalton right after and he was joking around on the sidelines - I took it as 'eh, could have played better today'. Figured he might get some junk yardage but the game would be over.

We are missing Lynch's 'get stronger at the end' ability to grind out games the way Pete wants and it was troubling to see zero changes made after the first few series resulted in quick punts.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Most of these guys excluding Kam have another large deal looming in front of them and are playing for another large payday. I just am not buying the "guys got paid" and now they aren't hungry scenario.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
mistaowen":33cgy450 said:
I thought we were 'back' after the fumble recovery touchdown. It just felt like old games where the defense finally delivered a killing blow and the other team was defeated. They zoomed to Dalton right after and he was joking around on the sidelines - I took it as 'eh, could have played better today'. Figured he might get some junk yardage but the game would be over.

We are missing Lynch's 'get stronger at the end' ability to grind out games the way Pete wants and it was troubling to see zero changes made after the first few series resulted in quick punts.

Yup. I texted a friend after the Defensive TD that the Seahawks were finally playing like the Seahawks again. Very frustrating that they reverted back to struggling after that.

JonRud

Reaction score
Stephen A. Smith just said on the air that he is staying with the Seahawks to win the Super Bowl.

drcool

Reaction score
Looking at the remaining games the only one that is slightly concerning is Jan 3rd against the Cardinals. But that is a LONG way away and the Cardinals could look like a totally different team. But right now they are looking scary against some bad teams.

12-4 or 13-3 is well within reach for this team. We are pretty much one play a game away from 5-0 and I agree this team is very close to clicking and starting to roll. They need to wake up tomorrow and realize "Hey, we are the freakin SEAHAWKS! We will crush anyone who steps on the field with us. We have more talent and more desire and won't be beat!"

2_0_6

Reaction score
At Arizona and home against the Stealers are the two that jump out to me as being the most difficult down the stretch.

Gotta get by Carolina first.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I completely agree. Pete's teams are built for long-term success. We will win all of our home games and we are going to win at least a couple road games this year. I'm not worried at all. I've seen the improvement from week to week.