What has happened to the best corner in the game?

2_0_6

Reaction score
How can you go from an all world CB, where the likes of Aaron Rodgers doesn't even attempt to go your way to a night like last night in one year? Its not the pay check sine he got that prior to last season and had a great 2014.

Sad.

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
Like 90% of the team, he's cashed it in. It's human nature, who has been the real winner this year.

The best analogy I can give is this;

The Seahawks are the newly-wed husband who put on 25 pounds and no longer takes his wife on dates. They got what they wanted, got paid, and are living to see another day.

It sucks as a fan, but this happens in all walks of life. Trust me, I'm not brushing it off. I'm just coming around to accept that this is the new norm.

bighawk

Reaction score
Sherman was trying to hard to make plays he needs to let it come naturally. Trying to jump routes will only make u look bad if u are incorrect like he did against Floyd. The biggest problem is Cary Williams he doesn't have the long speed to keep up with certain receivers. Simon can't stay healthy and we were missing Lane as well. Sherman will be fine when the offense does its job and control time of possession.

DeeHawks

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":1pob8kg3 said:
Where's the fire?... the emotion?... the smack?

Gone.
Exactly. He seems so quiet and mellow. I don't like it. That's NOT the Sherman we all know....!!!

12thbrah

Reaction score
Mtjhoyas":v7jqzk5i said:
Like 90% of the team, he's cashed it in. It's human nature, who has been the real winner this year.

The Seahawks are the newly-wed husband who put on 25 pounds and no longer takes his wife on dates. They got what they wanted, got paid, and are living to see another day.

It sucks as a fan, but this happens in all walks of life. Trust me, I'm not brushing it off. I'm just coming around to accept that this is the new norm.

This applies to most everyone on this team right now.

The Hawks collectively accomplished so much as a relatively young team that the motivation and focus is shot right now. They got the Super Bowl ring, they got the fat contracts. You could see last night that the Cardinals just wanted it more in the end.

djb28

Reaction score
Sherman has no help. Williams sucks. He sees a lot more coming his way. He cant stop everything. Geez. He is human. I thought he played decent.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
djb28":3j7flj5l said:
Sherman has no help. Williams sucks. He sees a lot more coming his way. He cant stop everything. Geez. He is human. I thought he played decent.
THIS.

OP
OP
2_0_6

2_0_6

Reaction score
djb28":2quu1a6l said:

He got torched, blew coverage on the TD pass, and had 2 PI calls. At one point he was thrown at 8 times, gave up 5 completions for 75 yards. That's far from decent.

HawkMeat

Reaction score
It is a team game. It isn't all on Sherman but the team. The defense needs a retooling. Well as does the offense.

dutchman063

Reaction score
Mtjhoyas":2ulrk7ec said:

This is highly inaccurate, its the wife who puts on 25lbs after the marriage that makes the difference and effects all parts of the relationship, once she locks down the guy (gets married/paid) and gets fat she quits putting out which effects the mans psyche', which in turn effects his everyday job which in turn disrupts the whole familys aura

RiverDog

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":2y2rk86f said:
djb28":2y2rk86f said:

He got torched, blew coverage on the TD pass, and had 2 PI calls. At one point he was thrown at 8 times, gave up 5 completions for 75 yards. That's far from decent.

Sherman played poorly. His play was indicative of that of the team: He got complacent. He knew that his primary responsibility was to cover the deep flag on that first TD and that his man was behind him but he bit on the underneath route. He knows that he can't grab and come away with jersey and not expect to get called for holding or PI. That was one of the worst games I've seen Richard Sherman play.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
He got paid and had a baby, that's what happened.

I don't care who's on the other side and how much more is on Sherman's plate right now, dude's got no fire in his belly. No one can tell me that's the same guy who self motivated himself by barking and screaming at anyone and everyone who put a mic in front of his face.

But it's not just Sherman, I see a bunch of people who got paid and aren't playing with the same urgency and ferocity that they were 1-2 years ago. Russell's running around making commercials and taking really stupid irrititating pics with his virgin girlfriend. Kam's missing tackles, Earl's cornered the market on the "I thought you had him" look on his face. Bobby's shoving WR's for no reason giving the Cardinals critical 1st downs.

All across the board I see complacency and not even 50% of the fire, tenacity and want to from previous iterations of these EXACT same players.

Superbowl talent, 8-8 level of play.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
All these people who think Sherman needs to be messing about shouting at the camera to be good. How much of that did he do last year?

Same player. Same talent.

People falling over themselves to hammer players, Bevell, Carroll, Schneider. Just looking for people to vent at.

Very sad.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":33ztnr9a said:

I don't care who's on the other side and how much more is on Sherman's plate right now, dude's got no fire in his belly. No one can tell me that's the same guy who self motivated himself by barking and screaming at anyone and everyone who put a mic in front of his face.

But it's not just Sherman, I see a bunch of people who got paid and aren't playing with the same urgency and ferocity that they were 1-2 years ago. Russell's running around making commercials and taking really stupid irrititating pics with his virgin girlfriend. Kam's missing tackles, Earl's cornered the market on the "I thought you had him" look on his face. Bobby's shoving WR's for no reason giving the Cardinals critical 1st downs.

All across the board I see complacency and not even 50% of the fire, tenacity and want to from previous iterations of these EXACT same players.

This, this and THIS!!!

Willyeye

Reaction score
It isn't just Sherman and Williams. Earl had a tough night last night. True he got an interception, but in the 4th quarter he made a few horrible mistakes in coverage. Wagner doesn't even look like the same player this year. Yeah, these guys flash and make some nice plays, but overall, they are not performing at the level it takes to be a SB contender. Maybe it's a case of PTSD from the loss in SB 49. I hate to say it, but this is not the same team that made it to the SB the last 2 years. It's just difficult to figure out, because it's the same players for the most part, and if anything, they added some great new players. It doesn't make much sense...I'm about to start worrying about next year. A 2-2 record at home for the Hawks speaks volumes!

I guess the Hawks are still in the Wild Card hunt, at least mathematically. Currently, the 6-3 Packers and Falcons would be the WC teams. I honestly don't see us or any other team catching up with the Packers. My guess is that the Falcons will be the team at most risk of being overtaken by one of the seven teams with only 4 wins. Even so, it's just as likely that the Falcons hold off the contenders. Kind of a strange scenario this year. Of the teams trying to catch up with the current Wild Card teams in the NFC, not even one of them has 5 wins...all of them are either 4-5 or 4-6.

rcaido

Reaction score
He had 2 great games in a row...He had a really bad 1st half, it happens.

I think part of the problem is that Earl is out there trying to make sure Carry Williams dont give up a big play. So instead of having the extra help, they are leaning more to the other side of the field. Instead of focusing on their assignment, they have the back of their mind about Carry....

I've said in another thread, just bench Carry Kryptonite Williams...You will see the LOB will reunite.

NJlargent

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2fsx7i00 said:

This is another great and accurate post. You're on fire.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Except for one or two mistakes where he tried to do too much, I thought Sherman had solid game.

If you think he's mailed it in, I challenge you to go watch how hard the dude plays in run support--he puts is body on the line and gets right in the scrum regularly. Few corners are that willing to put their nose in traffic. He is no primadonna.

The suggestion that he is "mailing it in" make me shake my head.