It was fun while it lasted guys

gowazzu02

Reaction score
We had a hell of a run....our young players played with fire tenacidy and took the nfl by storm.... unfortunately it seems they've gotten fat and happy now that they've gotten paid.

-Our QB is busy spending his bye week with his celebrity girlfriend in Mexico, where years past he would of locked himself in the training facility.
-Our team leader, was more concerned with "saving face" during a hold out and cost us two early games
-Sherman, our once cocky mouth piece, has mellowed, be it in older age (now a parent) or in his found wealth.
-Once fierce defense, has choked leads away vs the elite Rodgers, Brady,,,but now also the Mediocre Newton, Palmer,,,add in the terrible, Foles
-Jimmy Graham is never going to work in this offense partly because,
-Offensive coordinator is still inept,
-We have paid the qb, and now are doing what the niners did with Kap, refusing to use him like they did when the qb earned that pay check.
-Beast is old, but he never stood a chance behind this terrible line

Was fun while it lasted.

Largent80

Reaction score
Lol, a eulogy. We are now officially dead.

Please people, its a game. Evolution and age is inevitable.

Decimation

Reaction score
Yeah 4-5 sucks right now, and the reality with this team right now sucks right now, but man these past two years have been some of the best in franchise history and I'm happy we got to experience the amount of success we did with going to back-to-back Super Bowls.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
It was a helluva 3 year run. We were the biggest, baddest team in the league for a while there. But it is indeed over now.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
It isn't over.

It just means the team is not automatically going to be better than the team it faces. It is going to have to work to beat them, not trying to avoid beating itself.

My 12 flag is still up. And there are still some years of great football plays to watch.

This year? Pretty much unlikely they make the playoffs. But let's be realistic about this team. It still is competitive.

In almost every game this year, we have had the lead in the 4th quarter. That means the pieces are there to keep the team competitive. It just means bad choices are being made that hurt chances for wins.

So clearly an easy solution is fixing the bad choices.

The thing is, we were still winning with an anemic borderline incompetent offense. Yet last year, we were nowhere near that, even in plays without Lynch.

Remember Simon or Lane comes back, which means we can put Burley on the slot and maybe make up for the CJ fiasco.

And there is nothing written that says this team cannot stop grabbing, for example some teams train with boxing gloves to limit the ability to rely on grabbing. (Holding)

But it isn't like we are the Browns and just have to accept mediocrity with no recourse. There are small and big changes that can be made to turn this team right back into a playoff team. Not a SB contender but certainly a dangerous team (like the Steelers again).

titan3131

Reaction score
gowazzu02":2b6lgpp4 said:
We had a hell of a run....our young players played with fire tenacidy and took the nfl by storm.... unfortunately it seems they've gotten fat and happy now that they've gotten paid.

-Our QB is busy spending his bye week with his celebrity girlfriend in Mexico, where years past he would of locked himself in the training facility.
-Our team leader, was more concerned with "saving face" during a hold out and cost us two early games
-Sherman, our once cocky mouth piece, has mellowed, be it in older age (now a parent) or in his found wealth.
-Once fierce defense, has choked leads away vs the elite Rodgers, Brady,,,but now also the Mediocre Newton, Palmer,,,add in the terrible, Foles
-Jimmy Graham is never going to work in this offense partly because,
-Offensive coordinator is still inept,
-We have paid the qb, and now are doing what the niners did with Kap, refusing to use him like they did when the qb earned that pay check.
-Beast is old, but he never stood a chance behind this terrible line

Was fun while it lasted.

We need mike leach out there to call them out,

"Playing fat and lazy!!!"

except the dline they are solid.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
gowazzu02":3jy3gapa said:

Newton and Palmer aren't mediocre this year. They might wind up in their respective conference championships.

OP
OP
gowazzu02

gowazzu02

Reaction score
VivaEfrenHerrera":3d0lycmb said:
I just assumed from the title that this thread was about the Mike Price years in Pullman. At least that would make sense.

Hey deflect all you want. Things are going pretty good for me on Saturdays. But this is a board that allows us to put our college allegiances aside in our common love of the hawks........

piston bully

Reaction score
A comment that one of the coaches made to me in a private conversation about half way thru training camp this year made me believe we were going to struggle was " we used to be a US or WE team and this year for the first time I see us acting like an I team"

Reaneypark

Reaction score
gowazzu02":1m5hu6fx said:
VivaEfrenHerrera":1m5hu6fx said:
I just assumed from the title that this thread was about the Mike Price years in Pullman. At least that would make sense.

Hey deflect all you want. Things are going pretty good for me on Saturdays. But this is a board that allows us to put our college allegiances aside in our common love of the hawks........

You and me both, buddy! Go Cougs!

indyhawk1984

Reaction score
The level that this team has played at in the 2nd half of 2012, all of 2013, and the 2nd half of last year is what has died.

I pin the current mental status of this team on the fact the soul of the core of this team being ripped out at the end of SB49. You just don't bounce back from that no matter how mentally tough you are built. That kind of stuff lingers in your subconscious, and affects performance and drive to accomplish your goals.

The issues this teams has are much bigger than replacing an OC or beefing up the OLine. Our core players have to literally get over the dagger in their hearts.

The scary thing is, as punishing of a loss that was....they might not be able to get past it. Very possible that this era of Seahawks players have peaked already. Pete's best days of his tenure here could very well of come and gone.

Still though..we got our Superbowl... And I will always remember that.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
piston bully":1zil87y1 said:
A comment that one of the coaches made to me in a private conversation about half way thru training camp this year made me believe we were going to struggle was " we used to be a US or WE team and this year for the first time I see us acting like an I team"
Don't know who you are referring to and don't even know if this is true. However, by watching this year unfold it is obviousn this is indeed the truth. I agree with pretty much everything the OP said as well. There's one other factor here an it's on Pete for allowing it to happen. It was put perfectly in this post:
rideaducati":1zil87y1 said:
I believe Bevell is at fault for this terrible start, but not for his play calling this season. Bevell is to blame because the World knows the mistake be made and he has not manned up or even admitted a mistake was made and has sat back and watched Pete and Russell take all the blame while EVERY player on the team blames him. Bevell then stands in front of the team and holds them accountable on a daily basis. No player can respect that kind of man.
IMO, you lost the locker room Pete. If you want it back, you must see to it that Bevell "resigns". "Player's coach"? Hmmmmmmmmmm....................

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
gowazzu02":22e3zytt said:
VivaEfrenHerrera":22e3zytt said:

Hey, not deflecting at all. Just taking a (hopefully relateable) shot at the notion that the "run" is over based on half a season. That idea seems silly to me. There's nowhere near enough information at hand to make such a definitive assessment.

It doesn't even rise to the level of "assessment"; more of a guess, really.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
The talent is still there, but I feel like even if they figured it out, it would be too little too late. Which just makes this suck even more.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I trust John and Pete to retool and right the ship, but that ain't happening this year it appears.

Gonna be some hard choices to make, do we continue with this group of overpaid paper tigers, or do we overhaul the roster again.

As much as I hate the Patriots, Belichick is a genius when it comes to cutting the fat, not paying his stars other than a handful of key leaders......and churning over his roster every year to keep the hunger and focus.

Pete and John could learn from that philosophy, as opposed to their "let's keep our guys together and pay them."

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
IMO it is an easy re-tool, if we do it right. Unlike some teams where they have so many deficiencies, ours are pretty obvious. Address the offensive line. Find a corner who can play opposite of Sherman, and find capable NFL WR's.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2t0dtw4y said:
piston bully":2t0dtw4y said:
Don't know who you are referring to and don't even know if this is true. However, by watching this year unfold it is obviousn this is indeed the truth. I agree with pretty much everything the OP said as well. There's one other factor here an it's on Pete for allowing it to happen. It was put perfectly in this post:
rideaducati":2t0dtw4y said:
I believe Bevell is at fault for this terrible start, but not for his play calling this season. Bevell is to blame because the World knows the mistake be made and he has not manned up or even admitted a mistake was made and has sat back and watched Pete and Russell take all the blame while EVERY player on the team blames him. Bevell then stands in front of the team and holds them accountable on a daily basis. No player can respect that kind of man.
IMO, you lost the locker room Pete. If you want it back, you must see to it that Bevell "resigns". "Player's coach"? Hmmmmmmmmmm....................
This kind of logic only works in paranoid North Korea. No reason whatsoever for Bevell to resign. Pete knows his value to the team. This latest loss was clearly on the defense and penalties anyhow.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
New England had some bad years mixed in with Championships or Super Bowl appearances.

If we can identify the problems and get them fixed we'll be right back in the mix.