WOW...sounds like a Steelers crowd

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Thats disappointing. Heath Miller catches the ball and you hear "HEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATHHHHHH"......

drdiags

Reaction score
Kind of expected it though. The teams with bigger followings will get people in. Plus folks seem to buy to make a profit on re-sale of the tickets.

irfuben32

Reaction score
I thought I was over it, but I am seething that the Ref's have the gall to call a horse-collar tackle against the Seahawks when they are playing the Steelers.

jkitsune

Reaction score
To my eye, looked like fewer Steelers fans than Niners fans get at their games the last few years.

timmat

Reaction score
The visiting side lower bowl was heavy Steelers fans. Are those sections not season ticket holders? Is there a larger percentage of single game tix available in that area? I hope it just wasn't season ticket holders hocking their tix.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
timmat":38fmy5bf said:
The visiting side lower bowl was heavy Steelers fans. Are those sections not season ticket holders? Is there a larger percentage of single game tix available in that area? I hope it just wasn't season ticket holders hocking their tix.

It's all Charter Seats and quite a few of the licenses seem to be held by ticket brokers i.e. scalpers.

Pretty common too for fans in the area to sell extra tickets to help cover the cost of the season, prices for this game were decently high on the secondary market, at some point if you can get $1500 for a pair of seats, it can be hard to justify going to the game, especially if you are still dealing with a credit card bill from the ticket invoice...

timmat

Reaction score
I have to admit I was disappointed to see that many Steelers fans take over a large premium section like that. I've had season tix for quite a while, and I've been waiting for 9 years ever since XL to get that team in our building. I expected more fire for this matchup. So pleased we sent em packing, and I suppose people are free to do what they need to regarding selling their tix. But if that's true, does that mean every legacy team that comes in here now gets essentially their own section? Opposing fans always have a presence when teams like the Packers , Cowboys, etc come to town. But it seemed more annoying today.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
timmat":i10utgtz said:
Lots of those are owned by ticket brokers.

peppersjap

Reaction score
jkitsune":2bnhuey5 said:
To my eye, looked like fewer Steelers fans than Niners fans get at their games the last few years.
I noticed very little 49er influence in the game last week but the Steeler takeover was easily the biggest in the last couple of years. They sacked Wilson early in the game and I initially thought we had made a play because the cheer was so loud. The "Heath" cheers were also very loud! I was very disappointed by the number of fans who sold there seats to what most Seahawk fans considered to be a huge revenge game. In the 2nd half when the Hawks really started playing well you noticed the Steeler fans less!

Crizilla

Reaction score
How much you wanna bet most of these steeler fans that were at the game aren't even from Pitt?

Seanhawk

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":152kdd17 said:
Thats disappointing. Heath Miller catches the ball and you hear "HEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATHHHHHH"......

They were yelling this no matter which TE caught the ball. Catch by Jesse James? HEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATHHHHHH. Catch by Matt Spaeth? HEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATHHHHHH. I'm surprised they didn't yell it after Luke Willson's catch. I guess they're not color blind, just stupid.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
The Seahawks really dropped the ball in my opinion. They had to know that there would be plenty of Steeler fans with terrible towels: this would have been the perfect game to give out 12 flags, Seahawks towels, ANYTHING that Seahawk fans could have waved during the game. It would have looked a lot better on TV to have 65,000 Seahawks fans waving their towels than 4,000 Steeler fans waving theirs.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Seanhawk":1qsd9bvf said:
ImTheScientist":1qsd9bvf said:

They were yelling this no matter which TE caught the ball. Catch by Jesse James? HEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATHHHHHH. Catch by Matt Spaeth? HEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATHHHHHH. I'm surprised they didn't yell it after Luke Willson's catch. I guess they're not color blind, just stupid.

:mrgreen:

timmat

Reaction score
Shadowhawk":1pu2bc2a said:
The Seahawks really dropped the ball in my opinion. They had to know that there would be plenty of Steeler fans with terrible towels: this would have been the perfect game to give out 12 flags, Seahawks towels, ANYTHING that Seahawk fans could have waved during the game. It would have looked a lot better on TV to have 65,000 Seahawks fans waving their towels than 4,000 Steeler fans waving theirs.

Agreed - We were saying the exact same thing at the game. Handing out towels with the lime/neon green color would have drowned out the Terrible Towel presence. I also thought it would have been a perfect game to have D Jack or Holmgren raise the 12 flag. I was feeling some real reved up, borderline anger intensity for this game, and I sensed that from others here as well. I was fully prepared for the stadium to be on it's ear for this matchup, given XL. But it wasn't. The crowd was good - just like most games. But it wasn't elevated the way I thought. So satisfied to see the Steelers folks go silent in the end though.

Crizilla

Reaction score
if i remember correctly, the last game they gave out towels was the 05 nfc title game

wonder why they stopped?

timmat

Reaction score
They've given out towels during the playoffs the last few seasons as well.

rjas77

Reaction score
Shadowhawk":2praa33y said:
It would have looked a lot better on TV to have 65,000 Seahawks fans waving their towels than 4,000 Steeler fans waving theirs.

As long as the get the color right. During the 2013 NFCCG they handed out WHITE flags!...Ugggh