OP
Basis4day

Basis4day

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2dh8hy7b said:
Basis4day":2dh8hy7b said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/ByTimBooth/status/685521708950904832[/tweet]

Wow. Tough crowd.

Amazing for Lockett though, and well-deserved. You're telling me Doug couldn't even get on the 2nd team? Or Russell?

As far as QB, last year there were one 1st team (Rodgers) and one 2nd team (Romo). The year before it was only Manning on the 1st team.

For WR there were four WR on first team and two on the 2nd in 2014.

OP
OP
Basis4day

Basis4day

Reaction score
Per Tim Booth:

Wilson, Bennett, Wright, Thomas and Chancellor all received votes. They did not make the cut.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
Only surprise is Thomas not getting second team not even because he played particularly well this year - he was very solid - but more because of the lack of quality safeties.

Other than that - There are only 4 WRs and half of his games he had less than 50 yards receiving. IMHO Jones and Brown are the clear first team All Pros and I like Deandre Hopkins doing it with no QB and ODB as the other two. WR is very very deep.

Bennett was probably the most deserving guy who didn't get a nod.

Overall, though, Lockett being the only rookie All Pro is a huge honor and major kudos to JS in pulling the trigger on him during the draft. A major wekaness last year - anyone remember "Fair Catch" Bryan Walters? - to a major threat that could help us get over the hump.

OP
OP
Basis4day

Basis4day

Reaction score
hawksfan515":3bjm3066 said:
Is this the official all pro team?

Yes. Associated Press All-Pro Team. That's the one they refer to when they say All-Pro in the news.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
With guys like Russ and Bobby it's unobjective, but there is not one cornerback who is better than Richard Sherman, not one.

ringless

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":x6bmyzci said:
With guys like Russ and Bobby it's unobjective, but there is not one cornerback who is better than Richard Sherman, not one.

Maybe in years past but their were better corners this year than Sherman

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
ringless":331mvr6l said:
SomersetHawk":331mvr6l said:

Just like Thomas, I think Sherman is basically the best player in the game at his position. But he wasn't the best at his position this year.

I think second team is entirely reasonable for this year. You shouldn't be an First Team All-Pro if you give up a go route to Kenny Britt.

OP
OP
Basis4day

Basis4day

Reaction score
TDOTSEAHAWK":l4dkifim said:
ringless":l4dkifim said:
SomersetHawk":l4dkifim said:

Just like Thomas, I think Sherman is basically the best player in the game at his position. But he wasn't the best at his position this year.

I think second team is entirely reasonable for this year. You shouldn't be an First Team All-Pro if you give up a go route to Kenny Britt.

Do you see he full list posted yet? I only see it from beat reporters describing their individual teams.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Josh Norman and Patrick Peterson ahead of Sherman.

Norman had a great year on a great team so hard to argue too much there, but Peterson? C'mon.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Sherm was the ONLY corner to hold Antonio Brown to a "mediocre" day when the rapist was at QB for the Stealers. Peterson over Richard? Uh, no.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Peterson making it is terrible. I like the idea of some slighted Seahawks for the playoffs though...

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Proud for Lockett. Other than that, meh.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
austinslater25":h504yw0y said:
Peterson making it is terrible. I like the idea of some slighted Seahawks for the playoffs though...

It's freakin idiotic that Patrick Peterson made the list. The guy is the most overhyped DB in recent memory. The press so want him to be "elite."

PP had 35 tackles, 8- Pass Def, 2- Int, 1- FF
RS had 33 tackles, 14- PD, 2- Int.

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
jlwaters1":qs3r8ido said:
austinslater25":qs3r8ido said:

It's freakin idiotic that Patrick Peterson made the list. The guy is the most overhyped DB in recent memory. The press so want him to be "elite."

PP had 35 tackles, 8- Pass Def, 2- Int, 1- FF
RS had 33 tackles, 14- PD, 2- Int.

Just wondering - How many TD's RS & PP gave up this year If you have that data available?

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I think Sherman should've been 1st team, but it's great that he made it since the competition at corner was pretty deep. This year, he was the best player in a secondary that was still very good with some really bad pieces around him. Basically, moving him around this year was literally the only way we could be solid at different spots throughout a game.

Sherman, Norman and Peterson were probably pretty close in the voters' eyes. I think Norman and Peterson only got voted ahead because they were on teams with better records. But that's how these things go.

It looks like Earl lost his spot to Honey Badger, Eric Berry, Charles Woodson (39!!! --- but had great year), and probably one other safety I can't figure out.