Pete Carroll Wants to Accelerate the Process for Wilson

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
So if this is true then Wilson will be even better next year, they have given Wilson a slow progression for the last 4 years and now they are going to accelerate that process so he can get better faster.

Jimmy Graham will like the evolution of Wilson's pocket passing presence.

Greater is Coming.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ll-wilson/

RussB

Reaction score
Kind of sounds like they are wanting to use the spread and pass more from that article. Its wilson's team now not marshawn's and they know that. They want to put the offense on his back like they did second half of the season, this is gonna be good. :D

chris98251

Reaction score
Sounds like Pete wants Russell to be a player Coach, see things from a defenders perspective. Manning type understanding.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
chris98251":2ife4w88 said:
Sounds like Pete wants Russell to be a player Coach, see things from a defenders perspective. Manning type understanding.

Imagine the money we can save against the cap if we fire bevell, make Russ the highest paid coordinator in the league, and sign him to a vet minimum contract as a player. Get it done Schneider!

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
chris98251":7dbh59b2 said:
He has the tools to do it. It's now time to invest in OL big time given we have all the skill position types we're going to keep pretty much under contract or likely not ridiculous to resign.

If this is true it's flat exciting and about time. Release the Wilson!

blue 22

Reaction score
Am I the only one who is not optimistic about this? bevells still here right?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
blue 22":1ako4fil said:
If Wilson can accomplish what Pete is saying Bevell would be irrelevant or even gone because Wilson would actually be in charge for the most part.

sedrohawk

Reaction score
it will take Wilson more than just this offseason to master what pete wants him to learn. so we will have to wait a couple years before we can fire bevel. :141847_bnono:

blue 22

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":ypcgi80n said:
blue 22":ypcgi80n said:
If Wilson can accomplish what Pete is saying Bevell would be irrelevant or even gone because Wilson would actually be in charge for the most part.

I sure hope so! I cant recall what game it was... but I remember Marshawn telling him to just take over the game. I dont think russ was ready to do that at the time. Maybe this is Pete saying that Russ is finally ready and he will be in complete control next year.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Earlier this year, Pete mentioned a progression where the QB calls his own plays. He dropped year 8 into the convo, iirc.

He is trying to speed that up.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1ffwf2pm said:
Earlier this year, Pete mentioned a progression where the QB calls his own plays. He dropped year 8 into the convo, iirc.

Sounds like Pete plans to stay around for a couple more years. Because it's a huge step to actually go that direction and few quarterbacks have the tools to do it. Only ones I know doing it are Brady, Ben, and Peyton for the most part.

I'm thinking two years and Wilson will be in complete control and running the offense.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":13sna0bc said:
Scottemojo":13sna0bc said:

Sounds like Pete plans to stay around for a couple more years. Because it's a huge step to actually go that direction and few quarterbacks have the tools to do it. Only ones I know doing it are Brady, Ben, and Peyton for the most part.

I'm thinking two years and Wilson will be in complete control and running the offense.

Who knows....we might see a team "red hot" from the "get go"! Sure don't want to see an 0-2 start again this Fall.

Greenhell

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":13ili8d1 said:
So if this is true then Wilson will be even better next year, they have given Wilson a slow progression for the last 4 years and now they are going to accelerate that process so he can get better faster.

Jimmy Graham will like the evolution of Wilson's pocket passing presence.

Greater is Coming.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ll-wilson/

Fap. :shock:

kearly

Reaction score
This is exciting to hear. Not only does it further confirm that Russell is ahead of schedule, but it seems to imply that Wilson will be the foundation of the team going forward.

I'm very curious to hear Pete's end of season presser where he talks about team needs. If Wilson is going to be such a huge focus in 2016, then I would think that would mean OL would become the top priority, but a good case could be made for pass rush and pass defense.

seahawks08

Reaction score
I think what Pete is thinking is he would give the freedom for RW to make plays in the 4th quarter, now he wants him to start from the 1st quarter :D

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
I don't think this is shocking news. As a quarterback matures, being able to find tells in the defense and check to a variation of the play to attack the vulnerability of the defense is a natural progression. And this is where that symbiotic relationship between Russ and Bev will really kick in. He's been preparing him to master this very level and it's about to happen.