Richard Sherman: #20 on NFL's Top-100

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Definitely no Wagner this year and no Hawks in the top 10 even.
ninja.gif

Crizilla

Reaction score
lol even TM would put russ in his top 5. He's been going up but really he should be higher because of last season. His stats were pretty much identical to Newton's.

oops meant to post this in the wilson thread

OP
OP
A

Anonymous

The argument they had on shut-down corners was priceless.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I hope Tyrone Mathews remark about him not playing enough man coverage fires Sherman up.

It's the scheme, not the players decision lol

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I wouldn't trade Sherman for any CB in the league.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I'd actually never seen the Uber footage of Sherman. That's priceless.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Darren Woodson, former Cowboy defensive back now on ESPN ranked corners earlier this year on NFL Live and had Sherm number one. Had Norman third IIRC. All subjective.

hawker84

Reaction score
So is this list based on last years numbers or career? if it's just based on last years numbers, I could see him drop a bit, he did have an off year for him if I remember correctly, our entire secondary did.... Last year was Normans break out year, so I could see them putting him higher, he had a good year......

Popeyejones

Reaction score
hawker84":4cd1xoop said:
So is this list based on last years numbers or career? if it's just based on last years numbers, I could see him drop a bit, he did have an off year for him if I remember correctly, our entire secondary did.... Last year was Normans break out year, so I could see them putting him higher, he had a good year......

Yeah. Over the long-term I think Sherman is a superior player to Norman (if people think Sherman is protected by his scheme what do they have to say about Norman in Carloina's scheme :lol: ), but if this is exclusively based on last year Norman played out of his mind.

People also tend to let the first few weeks and last few weeks of the season cloud their judgements of full season evaluations, IMO, and as I recall, Norman started at an insane pace and Sherman started kinda slowly before they both leveled back to garden variety excellent play.

NINEster

Reaction score
It was a tie initially between Sherman and Norman but that sack Norman had on Wilson in the playoffs broke it.

You have to admit, it was a sick play.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2ioqgjmx said:
Darren Woodson, former Cowboy defensive back now on ESPN ranked corners earlier this year on NFL Live and had Sherm number one. Had Norman third IIRC. All subjective.
This. I don't really care. All this will do is make their already big chips on their shoulders bigger and motivate them even more.
So thanks to all of those that helped create this list! :lol:

RussB

Reaction score
Hes still the best corner in the NFL regardless of lists. Norman had a great year and i can see why hes ahead of sherman, but overall sherman is still better.

Its sherman, peterson, then everyone else.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
NINEster":1r901dl3 said:
It was a tie initially between Sherman and Norman but that sack Norman had on Wilson in the playoffs broke it.

You have to admit, it was a sick play.

Yeah, that play made me sick. I was like "throw it away Russell!"