Richard Sherman: #20 on NFL's Top-100

HawkGA

Reaction score
I think it's wild that it seems like Seahawks have to be in the league for a while to build up a reputation to do well on these lists, yet other players seem to be able to be one-hit wonders and shoot up the rankings. What evs. Players who voted just dug their own graves by p!$$ing Sherm & Co off more.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
HawkGA":3czzzssi said:
I think it's wild that it seems like Seahawks have to be in the league for a while to build up a reputation to do well on these lists, yet other players seem to be able to be one-hit wonders and shoot up the rankings. What evs. Players who voted just dug their own graves by p!$$ing Sherm & Co off more.

Never forget...if you play in South Alaska you are not going to get the recognition that teams playing in the Eastern half of the US are going to get. Should we start this year with a 4-0 record......we will make the news.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
^^^ Coverage for players and teams is about winning. That's it.

If you think Josh Norman is getting love this year because he got lucky by playing in the national media epicenter that is North Carolina, I don't know what to tell you.

Also, LOL at thinking that the Hawks don't get tons of love from the national media. Compared to the other wild card teams last year it's not even close, nor should it be, given what they've been able to put together over the last few years, and what they're expected to do in the future.

Just come to terms with it dude: Throughout most of their history the Seahawks were ignored by the national media because they weren't worth talking about. No different than the 49ers being the toast of the national media through the 80s and 90s, whereas from the perspective of national media they might as well have not existed for the first decade or so of the 2Ks, and rightly so.

The Jets, Giants, and Pats maybe get a very small bump based on their location and where ESPN and the NFL Headquarters office are located, but that leaves 29 other teams yelling at clouds because their QB's butt fumble isn't getting ridiculed for six weeks straight.

rideaducati

Reaction score
hawker84":3i6jz7nq said:
So is this list based on last years numbers or career? if it's just based on last years numbers, I could see him drop a bit, he did have an off year for him if I remember correctly, our entire secondary did.... Last year was Normans break out year, so I could see them putting him higher, he had a good year......

This list is supposed to be for the upcoming season.

Latest posts