If we were to trade our first round pick for a rb...

akscoundrel

Reaction score
Who would you like to see us land? Can be a combo of picks or whatever...

titan3131

Reaction score
I'm with the other guy no rb.

We zigg while other teams zagg... They go 27th crazy we get a new pass rusher imo.

dogorama

Reaction score
akscoundrel":2d28a7pm said:
Laloosh":2d28a7pm said:
Wouldn't do it.

Nobody interests you, or are you just against always improving the team?

RB's have diminished value in the league these days, except for really exceptional cases they are rarely even picked in the first round. So, if you have a really exceptional back you wouldn't trade him for a first round pick, and none of the other backs are worth a first round pick so it becomes somewhat of a moot point.

kearly

Reaction score
If Thomas Rawls is healthy and proves durable, I wouldn't trade him for any other RB in the NFL, save for perhaps Ezekiel Elliot.

Hawks46

Reaction score
akscoundrel":12hnqvay said:
Laloosh":12hnqvay said:
Wouldn't do it.

RB's just aren't worth 1st round picks anymore, except for rare cases like Adrian Peterson, Marshawn Lynch, Todd Gurley, maybe Ezekiel Elliot. Ask the Chargers how happy they are about drafting Melvin Gordon in the 1st last year.

If I had to do it, I'd go after Fournette. Even then, I don't think it's worth it.

jhern87

Reaction score
Hawks46":384h63b9 said:
akscoundrel":384h63b9 said:
Laloosh":384h63b9 said:
Wouldn't do it.

RB's just aren't worth 1st round picks anymore, except for rare cases like Adrian Peterson, Marshawn Lynch, Todd Gurley, maybe Ezekiel Elliot. Ask the Chargers how happy they are about drafting Melvin Gordon in the 1st last year.

If I had to do it, I'd go after Fournette. Even then, I don't think it's worth it.

You don't think Fournette is worth a 1st round pick?! :? .. Fournette is the best RB prospect to come out of college since AP. I understand that doesn't always transfer but the dude is a true thoroughbred and will go top 10. Imo, you'd be nuts to not trade a late first for him (assuming you need a RB). The only thing that could stop him from killing in the league is injuries.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
akscoundrel":1qfi03l8 said:
Laloosh":1qfi03l8 said:
Wouldn't do it.

This isnt fantasy football, there are no guarantees that a trade improves the team.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
jhern87":1uzper9j said:
Hawks46":1uzper9j said:
akscoundrel":1uzper9j said:
Laloosh":1uzper9j said:
Wouldn't do it.

You don't think Fournette is worth a 1st round pick?! :? .. Fournette is the best RB prospect to come out of college since AP. I understand that doesn't always transfer but the dude is a true thoroughbred and will go top 10. Imo, you'd be nuts to not trade a late first for him (assuming you need a RB). The only thing that could stop him from killing in the league is injuries.
Fournette may be a 1st rounder to someone but to Seattle I don't think so.We have all we need at that spot anyway
In my opinion Fournette has been overused at LSU and he isn't the same runner against the Tide is he?

ACFan

Reaction score
We've already got a stud RB, and got him cheap!

This will probably surprise most of ya'll, but having watched them both quite a bit I wouldn't trade Alex Collins for Fournette.

No doubt Fournette is very good, he'll will probably put up some prettier combine numbers than AC did, but for what they bring to the field they are nearly equal. 5.8 ypc in 2 years SEC play versus 5.6 YPC in 3 years of SEC play.

Fournette is more of a home run threat.

Collins is a powerful back who can slip tackles inside a phone booth. He gets 7 yds on plays most backs would get 3. If he's your 1st and 2nd down back, you won't need a 3rd back very often.

Both had to travel to Bama last year to face Jarran Reed and crew, both had their worst games of the year.

Fournette ran 19 times for 31 yards, Collins ran 12 times for 26 yards, a slighty better average.

I've talked at length about durability, how Collins hasn't missed a snap at RB since he started playing the position 5 years ago (practically unheard of) Collins could end up playing twice the years Fournette does, you have to consider that value as well. Collins runs like a Hobbit on speed with those choppy steps, keeps big feet, a solid base under him all the time, keeps his power but moves along quickly, leg injuries just don't happen to him.

So yea, if I'm a GM, I'd have to consider Fournette is considered 1st or 2nd round talent by everyone, and that Collins was ultimately considered 5th round talent (although also widely considered 2nd round talent at Fournette's current stage). So in that regard Fournette would be considered worth more.

What I'm saying is for what they actually bring to the field, it's a toss-up.

Collins is certainly better than 3rd round pick Derrick Henry, who'll probably be a 3 year battering ram and out of the league.

I expect Collins will be for Seattle exactly what he appears he could be, a long term, every down, pro bowl type RB. taking the torch from Marshawn and carrying it well, for perhaps the next 10 years. a Tom Brady kind of draft pick.

Largent80

Reaction score
Rawls was a F.A. ...Why in the world would you trade draft capital when RB's can be had from anywhere?

ACFan

Reaction score
Largent80":3r8g7v2e said:
Rawls was a F.A. ...

exactly, and while it's hopeful he will have a good career playing at a high level, there are many examples of flash in the pan, 1 year sensations at RB the last 10 years.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
I wouldn't do it. But imagine Gurley in this offense

CPHawk

Reaction score
kearly":1jhp70ny said:
If Thomas Rawls is healthy and proves durable, I wouldn't trade him for any other RB in the NFL, save for perhaps Ezekiel Elliot.

Yep, hope Thomas is good to go week 1. Gurly will continue to get the pub, but Rawls is the guy I'd want if he stays healthy.

Hawks46

Reaction score
jhern87":2p19c2a5 said:
Hawks46":2p19c2a5 said:
akscoundrel":2p19c2a5 said:
Laloosh":2p19c2a5 said:
Wouldn't do it.

I didn't say he wasn't worth a 1st round pick. He's not worth the draft capital. We got Rawls as an UDFA, we got Collins in the 5th, etc etc.

Let's put it this way, if I HAD to take our late 1st round pick this year and trade it for a RB, I'd grab Fournette. Then I would trade him to a team for a higher 1st round pick.

People have said it in very good ways already, but there is better positional value (even to us) in the 1st round.