Looking ahead for a second to the Jets game

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Man last night their offense looked great. (granted vs Buffalo) but I couldn't help but think that Seattle would watch that tape and lick their chops. All they did was drop back and throw it deep. We all know that Sherm eats fade routes for dinner. Im sure they'll have a different game plan, but their WR's were no joke. Should be a good challenge for the D.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Positives-Fitz's long balls were underthrown several times. He was not all that accurate.
-They don't run the ball, so we don'y have to stack the box and are able to cover better.
-Buffalo wasn't able to bring a whole lot of pressure to Fitz. Not familiar enough with either team to know if this
was good pass protection or poor defensive line.

Negatives-receivers made some great catches in coverage. DB's will have to make sure and limit explosive plays.
-Limited offense. Should be able to take advantage of a one trick pony
-Can rattle fitz if we can take him down for a loss a few times, making him want to force throws and make poor
decisions.

Overall I think we really match up good against this team as long as we defend the pass well. I think Earl had a bad game last week and will be highly motivated to turn it around. This week I think we see him get back to fundamentals to gain confidence back so by the jets get we should start to see him back to normal. We will need him against the jets, whereas with the rams I think he can get away with vanilla safety play. One or two interceptions will really put Fitz on guard. We need to completely shut down Marshall. If we take away their long game they are screwed.

OP
OP
gowazzu02

gowazzu02

Reaction score
johnnyfever":1hi5yu67 said:
Positives-Fitz's long balls were underthrown several times. He was not all that accurate.
-They don't run the ball, so we don'y have to stack the box and are able to cover better.
-Buffalo wasn't able to bring a whole lot of pressure to Fitz. Not familiar enough with either team to know if this
was good pass protection or poor defensive line.

Negatives-receivers made some great catches in coverage. DB's will have to make sure and limit explosive plays.
-Limited offense. Should be able to take advantage of a one trick pony
-Can rattle fitz if we can take him down for a loss a few times, making him want to force throws and make poor
decisions.

Overall I think we really match up good against this team as long as we defend the pass well. I think Earl had a bad game last week and will be highly motivated to turn it around. This week I think we see him get back to fundamentals to gain confidence back so by the jets get we should start to see him back to normal. We will need him against the jets, whereas with the rams I think he can get away with vanilla safety play. One or two interceptions will really put Fitz on guard. We need to completely shut down Marshall. If we take away their long game they are screwed.

I don't know if I agree with your they don't run the ball. Didn't Forte score 3 td's and go up over 100? Again granted Buffalo.

I do think that Fitz is the type of QB that would throw us a couple when things get tight.

mrt144

Reaction score
Hawkfish":neh0nkd5 said:
That defense was gassed, made it easy for the Jets to score.

While that may have been what resulted in the win, throughout the night Fitz was hitting some pretty nice mid to deep routes to the talented Decker and Marshall, who can go up and get it. Yeah, Fitz isn't throwing dimes but he has two WRs who make it work.

2_0_6

Reaction score
The only thing I need to know about Buffalo is who their D coach is.

That guy is a complete bum.

chris98251

Reaction score
Take away Marshall and stop the run with Forte and the Jets are beatable.

Hawks46

Reaction score
We have to get pressure on Fitz and shut down the run.

We do that, and he won't have time to pick us apart. They have 3 really good WR's, I'm interested to see how our guys match up to them. Ununwa is a physical mismatch on Lane, he's bigger and has 2 inches on him.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
It's going to be a battle. Since I am going with my son, I am especially hoping for a victory but it is going to be tough. The Jets - like most teams - have flaws but they look pretty damn good to me. Their front is going to give us fits. Our defense should neutralize a lot of the big play stuff we saw last night but it's going to be a very difficult game to fly home with a W in our pockets.

jayneseahawk

Reaction score
I'm going to this game. Last time I was in the Meadowlands the hawks won 43-8

;)

But as a Hawk fan living in Buffalo territory, the Bills are terrible and so is Rex Ryan

Jets wont be easy to beat. But won't be hard either.

Polk738

Reaction score
Some things I noticed during that game last night, that Jets D-line is scary and VERY aggressive, the Bills were really taking advantage of that being as they weren't putting a spy on Tyrod Taylor right away and he would take off for a few big plays. I doubt they do the same for Russ but it'll be interesting to see if he can run for a few big plays. The Jets safeties are terrible, they seem to still believe in Revis Island, but I think the truth of the matter is, he NEEDS safety help for those big plays deep, I can definitely see Doug and Lockett having a few big catches on him. Stopping Matt Forte is key, that guy may be in his 30s but he doesn't seem to be slowing down anytime soon, if he gets going its gonna be a rough day.