Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Seahawks @ Jets)

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Nothing like a good old fashioned shellacking of the 49ers to get the team and 12's feeling pretty good again. This Sunday the Seahawks travel to the Holy Land (Met Life Stadium) to face a Jekyl and Hyde Jets squad desperate for a win. QB Fitzpatrick was anything but Fitzmagic handing out picks like candy on Halloween. This could bode very well for our pick-thirsty secondary only more than happy to take some of that candy from Fitz.

However, there's a possibility Russell doesn't play this Sunday, which personally, I believe is the right choice. But even if he does play our OL will face another impressive front 7 that could turn this game into a nightmare with a hobbled Wilson.

Even though I am going to this game with my son, meeting up with some .NET greats like NYCoug, BestFightStory and others, in the end I am going to do what I didn't do for the Rams prediction and that is stick with my gut.

EDIT: Thursday, 9/29/11:45am...I've had second thoughts after reviewing how banged up the Jets are on offense which to me evens the field. In that case I am reversing my prediction and score. Besides, it's bad form to predict an away game I am attending. ;)

Aros' Fearless Prediction: Seahawks 23 - Jets 17

Aros' Fearless Record: 2-1

Ambrose83

Reaction score
Stupid lol... Honestly I think most of you are blowing up the injury to Wilson. Hawks 24-10.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Ambrose83":3sr3mjpo said:
Stupid lol... Honestly I think most of you are blowing up the injury to Wilson. Hawks 24-10.

The word you are looking for is "opinion", not "stupid".

Completely valid, especially with a Jets team coming off a horrendous showing.

Anyways...

Wilson plays, but it gets dicey with that D front.

We keep it close thanks to the defense but ultimately fall 20-16.

tdlabrie

Reaction score
I agree with you Todd, but I sure hope I'm wrong.

Seattle 10
Jets 17

Record: 2 - 1

johnnyfever

Reaction score
I think we match up well against the jets. Fitz has been servicable, but the offense with him at the helm is a great opportunity for us to get some points defensively. I think after he threw 6 picks last game he will be working all week on preventing poor choices this week, but his history shows he has questionable vision on whether a receiver is open.

Offensively, I liked what I saw last game and think it will continue this week. Obviously Russ playing or not playing is a factor, but I still think we win either way. If russ plays, I think we win handily. If he doesn't, I think it is a tit for tat game we pull out in the 4th, but only be a score.

Russ at QB:
Hawks 30
Jets 16

Boykin at QB:
Hawks 20
Jets 17

Record-2-1

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Even if Wilson plays, his lack of mobility will hurt. The Jets D line will feast on our improving, yet still below average o line.

Plus these 10 am games are always frustrating. The team will either come out flat, then spend the second half catching up. Or they blow the doors off the opponent.

Fitzpatrick removes the blindfold and plays an alright game against the hawks secondary. Unfortunately, Bevell reverts back to his "I have no idea what I'm doing" gameplan.

Hawks 10 Jets 16

RTD 1-2

Sparkchaser737

Reaction score
I was totally wrong with my prediction of the Rams game. I thought the offense would explode in that game. Unfortunately, it took another week. The defense is proven solid. Everything relies on #3. Even injured, I think the team can crawl onto his back. The guy is a winner. If in fact he starts I predict a win. I think the defense carries us to a late win.

Hawks 23

Jets 17

Hawknight

Reaction score
Aros":1emxm1bm said:
Nothing like a good old fashioned shellacking of the 49ers to get the team and 12's feeling pretty good again. This Sunday the Seahawks travel to the Holy Land (Met Life Stadium) to face a Jekyl and Hyde Jets squad desperate for a win. QB Fitzpatrick was anything but Fitzmagic handing out picks like candy on Halloween. This could bode very well for our pick-thirsty secondary only more than happy to take some of that candy from Fitz.

However, there's a possibility Russell doesn't play this Sunday, which personally, I believe is the right choice. But even if he does play our OL will face another impressive front 7 that could turn this game into a nightmare with a hobbled Wilson.

Even though I am going to this game with my son, meeting up with some .NET greats like NYCoug, BestFightStory and others, in the end I am going to do what I didn't do for the Rams prediction and that is stick with my gut.

Aros' Fearless Prediction: Seahawks 17 - Jets 23

Aros' Fearless Record: 2-1

There is a fine line between Homerism and Optimism. I like to think my thinking leans more to the optimism side.

Seahawks 37

Jets 17

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I gotta go with my gut, too. Jets are going to be pissd off after being embarrassed last week (sounds familiar to the Rams game), a tough D-line against a hobbled Wilson or raw Boykin.

Our Defense will keep it close, and perhaps even win it for us. But I have to go with my gut.

Jets 17
Seahawks 13

My Record to Date: 2-1

RCATES

Reaction score
Hawks win this 24-10. Ifedi will be back as well as Prosise. We always play well against 3-4 defenses and the front 7 of the Jets is not as good as people think just ask their fans. Hawks also love playing at MetLife and have had tremendous success in that stadium. Defensively I believe we get our first multiple turnover game of the year. Jets offense have struggled mightedly against defenses like ours. Add in Brandon Marshall is playing hurt.

FearTheBeak

Reaction score
I'm a bit worried about this game. Teams coming off a beat down generally bounce back the next week. The status quo for these early games is a very sluggish first half. And with a 50% Wilson if he plays, I dunno...

Pains me to do this:

JETS: 17
HAWKS: 13

Largent80

Reaction score
Not understanding the awe everyone has for the Jets d line. Our defense will light up the jets in the very same stadium we won our Superbowl in. Party ON Garth.

Seahawks 27
Jets. 9

Mick063

Reaction score
The Jets QB is not accurate. This means Kam will be able to unload on receivers that the Jets QB has put into vulnerable position. The Jets offense will play in fear.

Seahawks 17-3

mistaowen

Reaction score
Fitzpatrick will make some stupid throws and we finally get some turnovers. Shut down the running game and make him throw 30+ times. Their front four are terrific but don't play anyone like Russ so it's not like they get to practice twice a year.

I see a close win, pulling away in the second half.

Seahawks - 24
Jets - 13

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Fitzpatrick will be out there to prove his doubters wrong and by doing so will throw right into the hands of Sherm. I don't think our offense will look like world beaters but their offense will most likely do a lot worse against our revitalized front and elite secondary.

Seahawks 23
Jets 6

RTD: 2-1

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
C-Mike has another big game, setting up the Hawks receivers for 6+ explosive plays against a weak, getting-weaker through injury, Jets secondary. Hawks stuff their run game, creating yet more problems for the already-struggling Fanspastic and his vulnerable receiving corps.

Hawks 27
Nyets 9

RTD 2-1