Do you take the Sounder to the game?

no4mk1

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I get to take my 13-year-old son to his first game on Sunday. We're planning on taking the Sounder from Edmonds.

Any advice? How early should we show up? Do I need to get tickets in advance? The Sound Transit website isn't very helpful.

Go Hawks!

Cheers,
Chris

Reaction score
I supposed I probably should have checked before I responded but anyways, you might want to make sure that the train is running. Reason why I say this is because in the past for us multiple times they've shut it down due to the weather landslides etc

camdawg

Reaction score
Hi,

I often take the Sounder down from Edmonds. Which station are you planning on picking it up from?

You don't have to buy tickets in advance, but you can. If you do go tomorrow to your local station to buy them at the kiosk, then you don't have to worry about being stuck in the line to buy tickets on Sunday, and possibly missing the train.

The lines on gameday to buy tickets usually aren't that bad. If you get there 20 minutes before the first bus leaves, that SHOULD be enough time.

If you're on the last stop of the line before the stadium, is your son good with standing for the whole trip to the Clink? If you'd rather sit, you may want to wait for the second train.

Depending upon where your seats are, you may have to leave the game early, in order to make it onto the first train going back. The second train waits for about 30 minutes after kickoff.

OP
OP
no4mk1

no4mk1

Reaction score
Thanks guys that helps. We'll be leaving from Edmonds. He'll be fine standing. I've taken the sounder before but it's been several years, so just was curious if anything has changed.

Appreciate it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Taken it from Edmonds before with zero problems.
Just expect to stand on the way down.