Heath Evans on the Hawks (NFL Network)

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I know there's some serious hate for Heath by a lot of 12's but I've never quite understood that. Over the past few years he's talked glowingly about the Seahawks in most of all the segments I've ever seen, and I watch NFL Network daily. Here's another example, this is what he had to say about the Hawks on today's show...

"They are in a position they haven't been in years. They've always had a slow start and fast finish...Well, this year they have accumulated a strong record and now if they get this running game going with Russell being healthy, what they have with Angry Doug Baldwin and the boys in the down field passing game, and the growth of Jimmy Graham and Russell together...This becomes the scariest team in all of football. You get Earl back in time, you get Bennett back in time...I promise you...You can talk the Patriots, Denver's defense, you can talk a lot about the other teams...No one will want to see this team."

SeahawksMSHing

Reaction score
Think that is a solid take. This Seahawk team has the chance to be the best of all them. IMO this is the only balanced team in the NFL this year. They have a chance to be top 5 in all 3 phases headed into the playoffs (D, O, ST). Very complete team. Yes we have some issues on the offensive line, yes our RB's are not Lynch but overall this team has the potential to beat you in any phase of the game. Pete is so damn good at coaching the game as a team game vs offense and defense. Special run we are on...

Seafan

Reaction score
Dallas is the only team that can stop the Hawks, except for themselves of course. The Hawk run defense is going to have to get stiffer. Otherwise it could be a high scoring shootout in the NFCC game and the last team with the ball wins it.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Seafan":7bs71ix8 said:
Dallas is the only team that can stop the Hawks.

Funny I would actually say it's the other way around.

Seafan

Reaction score
Aros":3st908b8 said:
Seafan":3st908b8 said:

Funny, you go out on the limb and predict only a Hawk 3 point victory against the lowly Bucs but somehow the Cowboys are nothing? What would that point spread be? Come on say it. If the Hawks were to play in Dallas tomorrow who would win?

HommyHawk

Reaction score
Seafan":22nh0szc said:
Aros":22nh0szc said:
Seafan":22nh0szc said:

Funny, you go out on the limb and predict only a Hawk 3 point victory against the lowly Bucs but somehow the Cowboys are nothing? What would that point spread be? Come on say it. If the Hawks were to play in Dallas tomorrow who would win?
all the fans of smash mouth football.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Seafan":fta5fs0t said:

Wow, testy much? lol...

You know as well as I do that each game is it's own entity. We see it each week in the NFL. One week Team A beats the crap out of Team B, and the next week Team B beats the crap out of Team C, or whatever...In other words, there are a million variables that go into each week for each team.

Millions of human beings thought for sure the Seahawks had little shot to beat the Patriots. Yet they did, and not only did they beat them, but in convincing fashion. Yet the Seahawks can't beat the Rams? THE RAMS???

Why is that?

Oh yeah..Said variables. So what if I think the Seahawks can just squeak out a win in Tampa Bay...A team that has discovered that magic elixir of BELIEF that they can beat anybody, and what has Winston been preaching all week? "Family". Playing for one another...Etc...Sound familiar? Variables.

And for the record, I do think we would beat the Cowboys in their house tomorrow. Why? Because as much as this team preaches every game is a championship opportunity, no game is bigger than the next, yadda yadda...BS...We all know these are human beings and you can't convince me that this team doesn't step up a touch more for the bigger boys in the league.

Also, the Cowboys have yet to face a team as good as the Seahawks this season. Injured or not, we are battle tested and can punch you in the mouth. Even if it's close, you're going to feel every hit, every play. The Cowboys have yet to face adversity and they are sooooooooo overdue, and the Seahawks would be that very adversity.

As for tomorrow? Meh. We haven't won in Tampa Bay since 2006. I won't call this a trap game but these are precisely the kinds of games teams like the Seahawks could lose. Like the Cowboys are due for some adversity, the Seahawks are due for a let down game after all the high emotional games and long traveled games they've played already this year.

Seafan

Reaction score
Aros":3bczytt7 said:
Seafan":3bczytt7 said:

Wow, testy much? lol...

You know as well as I do that each game is it's own entity. We see it each week in the NFL. One week Team A beats the crap out of Team B, and the next week Team B beats the crap out of Team C, or whatever...In other words, there are a million variables that go into each week for each team.

Millions of human beings thought for sure the Seahawks had little shot to beat the Patriots. Yet they did, and not only did they beat them, but in convincing fashion. Yet the Seahawks can't beat the Rams? THE RAMS???

Why is that?

Oh yeah..Said variables. So what if I think the Seahawks can just squeak out a win in Tampa Bay...A team that has discovered that magic elixir of BELIEF that they can beat anybody, and what has Winston been preaching all week? "Family". Playing for one another...Etc...Sound familiar? Variables.

And for the record, I do think we would beat the Cowboys in their house tomorrow. Why? Because as much as this team preaches every game is a championship opportunity, no game is bigger than the next, yadda yadda...BS...We all know these are human beings and you can't convince me that this team doesn't step up a touch more for the bigger boys in the league.

Also, the Cowboys have yet to face a team as good as the Seahawks this season. Injured or not, we are battle tested and can punch you in the mouth. Even if it's close, you're going to feel every hit, every play. The Cowboys have yet to face adversity and they are sooooooooo overdue, and the Seahawks would be that very adversity.

As for tomorrow? Meh. We haven't won in Tampa Bay since 2006. I won't call this a trap game but these are precisely the kinds of games teams like the Seahawks could lose. Like the Cowboys are due for some adversity, the Seahawks are due for a let down game after all the high emotional games and long traveled games they've played already this year.

:vodka:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Defense wins championships and there is no D in *allas.
A semi-healthy Hawks team wins here or there!

Largent80

Reaction score
Evans is saying the same thing as most of us.

And we are winning, or battling in EVERY game, not blowing out weak teams. Sound familiar,? just look at the record setting Broncos team Seattle dismantled in the Superbowl.

Dal-ASS has had it very easy, but come playoff time, they will be NO match for the Seahawks on any field. This team has a core of experienced players that were paid but still have that desire. No team in the NFL is like this.

Regarding today's game. We put of a ton of points on the #1 DVOA defense last week. They are missing their 2 starting corners and are ranked #21st out of 32 teams....We're going to score a bunch today.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
injuries is the only thing that will ruin the chance...i just have a feeling more core guys are gonna go down.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Cyrus12":1oi5urt6 said:
injuries is the only thing that will ruin the chance...i just have a feeling more core guys are gonna go down.
Blitzer, is that you?

seahawksny

Reaction score
Seafan":bk80rnur said:
Aros":bk80rnur said:
Seafan":bk80rnur said:

Seattle has NEVER played well in state of Florida
Not in miami, TB or Jax.. yes.. even Jax
Records going in have nothing to do with it.
Fortunately it's not September and not a 1pm est start.

I don't know why anybody would predict a blowout today knowing our history down there

RichNhansom

Reaction score
seahawksny":1i1smje6 said:
Seafan":1i1smje6 said:
Aros":1i1smje6 said:
Seafan":1i1smje6 said:

I don't know why anybody would predict a blowout today knowing our history down there

How many of those were 10AM starts?

Pretty much every game I can remember in Fla were slow starts very likely due (at least in part) to early game starts. Actually most all of our early starts go hand in hand with slow starts and not just on the east coast.

Largent80

Reaction score
seahawksny":yo5fnmr2 said:

Because history means SQUAT today. We win and blow them out, there ya go.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
seahawksny":26tyve8p said:

Pete's Seahawks have found their equilibrium, their "Mojo" if you will.
Back-up players are stepping up their game...Guys like Tyrell are going to give it their all, it's their shot to prove themselves to be NFL caliber.
Pete is no fool, he's taking no one for granted, in fact, he's treating every team with their due respect, and it shows in how his players have been approaching each and every single opponent this year, treating them as though they are the Champions to be reckoned with, and are playing UP accordingly.
I don't think that they've treated all their opponents with their due respect in the past, and it came back to bite them in their lack of effort butts.
This isn't your yesteryear's Seahawks, and I think they'll win by a healthy margin today.