#2 seed

slateman77

Reaction score
Detroit just lost so the #2 seed is ours if we win out..!!..Go Hawks..!!!

Mizak

Reaction score
That's the good news....

You wanna know the bad news? The Giants are 5th seed and they just allowed a high scoring Detriot offense to score only 6 points. Look what they did to the Cowboys.

Giants are in Playoff Mode now and I don't want the Seahawks to face them in the Divisional Game.

Everyone knows the Seahawks have trouble scoring on offense. Imagine if Giants shut that down in the CLink?

RIOTS. Bevell fired (Hopefully).

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
The #2 seed has kind of been a foregone conclusion for a few weeks now IMO.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Mizak":3rwio17r said:
That's the good news....

You wanna know the bad news? The Giants are 5th seed and they just allowed a high scoring Detriot offense to score only 6 points. Look what they did to the Cowboys.

Giants are in Playoff Mode now and I don't want the Seahawks to face them in the Divisional Game.

Everyone knows the Seahawks have trouble scoring on offense. Imagine if Giants shut that down in the CLink?

Giants look like the best team as it stands now in the NFC.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Mizak":25gapxvl said:
That's the good news....

The Seahawks scoring problems have been on the road. I would like our chances in C Link.

Giants would also play at Atlanta in the Wild Card round as it stands. That's a tough win.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Great news!

Giants don't scare me. Sorry but if there's one thing we're great at as a team it's playing up to our competition with our backs against the wall. Especially if they have to come into our house, we'll eat them for lunch

Literally the only thing I'm concerned about is ever having to play on a grass field, or in terrible weather. It looks so far like we may avoid that

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Mizak":32m43s5w said:
That's the good news....

Im pretty sure its going to end up with

Giants @ Packers for the Wildcard

And if the Giants beat them then they would have to be @Seattle...

That is tough right there....

And they have to play @Eagles and @Washington to end the season...so they would be on their 4th road game in a row when they come here

el capitan

Reaction score
HawksSoc":vyw61cfx said:
Giants can still catch us if they win out right? Can go 12-4 and pip us because of our tie?

That would depend on Dallas, Giants can't be the no.2 seed if Dallas is no.1.

Mizak

Reaction score
The Giants thrive playing in the Wildcard. Difference is no Coughlin.

HawksSoc

Reaction score
el capitan":tinyx4pd said:
HawksSoc":tinyx4pd said:
Giants can still catch us if they win out right? Can go 12-4 and pip us because of our tie?

That would depend on Dallas, Giants can't be the no.2 seed if Dallas is no.1.

Of course, forgot about division winners and all that, thank you! Was a good early slate of games for both the two seed and Scoring D title, Lions loss + BAL/Vikes giving up big points.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
If Dallas wins today they get #1, right?
And in that scenario we can get #2 by winning out.
And then someone could go into Dallas and beat them in week 2, leaving us at the top (should we win in week 2) with the week 3 NFCCG in Seattle.

Right? We should root for Dallas today?

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
We are much more likely to face the Lions/Packers as the three seed assuming they beat Tampa Bay, since Dallas will get the lowest seed (Giants at 5).

We've been pretty good in NFC Championship games so I like our chances either way. Hopefully the offense is somewhat clicking during that time.

Hawkfish

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":1uvbx3ig said:
We are much more likely to face the Lions/Packers as the three seed assuming they beat Tampa Bay, since Dallas will get the lowest seed (Giants at 5).

We've been pretty good in NFC Championship games so I like our chances either way. Hopefully the offense is somewhat clicking during that time.

This. We only play the #5 seed at #2 if #6 wins also. But I do like #5 NYG team to beat #1 Dallas. Win at #2, NFC Championship in Seattle!

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
In my opinion it's going to look like this:

(6) Tampa Bay @ (3) Atlanta
(5) NYG @ (4) Green Bay

I see Atlanta winning as a 3 seed and I see a toss up between NYG @ GB but I'll give it to the Packers.

So a rematch between the Falcons and Seahawks, hope Terrell is ready.

EDIT: I'm not sure we beat the Falcons in a rematch on a neutral field but I'll say we do because were at home.