Flex the last game VS Ninahs disregard...Going to the game?

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
So, We play the niners on the last game of this season on the first of the year. Headed down there to meet at least a couple hawkfans. Do you think they will flex that game to the evening game or do you think it will end up being the Denver game?

http://www.nfl.com/standings?category=c ... it=Overall

This shows the standings by conference. Below is the games that can be evening flexed according to Dallas rules. er uh...yanno.

4:25PM ET CARDINALS AT RAMS

4:25PM ET RAIDERS AT BRONCOS

4:25PM ET CHIEFS AT CHARGERS

4:25PM Et SEAHAWKS AT 49ERS

So, do we flex or do we not.

Also......if anyone is going to the game that I dont know of, Post here and maybe we can have a hawker party of some sort. Santa hawk mentioned it in NFLnation.....

Hawks46

Reaction score
Don't know why they'd flex that game. It's going to be a bloodbath.

We're likely playing for the 2nd seed, while the Niners haven't been competitive in a game in 3 weeks.

OP
OP
Seahawkfan80

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
So I put up the information and am looking for who is a better game. What game is there that would be better? Looks like a few games of the same sort. Only one game stands out at the moment.

Mizak

Reaction score
Packers vs Lions will be the last game of the Regular Season.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":37oorpbb said:
So I put up the information and am looking for who is a better game. What game is there that would be better? Looks like a few games of the same sort. Only one game stands out at the moment.

Pretty much all of the games except for Rams Cards will be better.

Beren

Reaction score
Mizak":1a4wbzol said:
Packers vs Lions will be the last game of the Regular Season.

Looking life it will effectively be a playoff game!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No doubt about that. In fact, there's a good shot it's a win and you're in/lose and you're out thing. Love games like that.

mikeak

Reaction score
You won't find out more than 6 days prior for week 17 since they have special rules

If GB-DET is eligible then no doubt that is going

if not then Texans-Titans should have playoff implications as well

either way - No for our game. It is possible that after this weekend / when the game kicks off it is known that it doesn't matter for final seeding even so why flex it?

I don't know who this guy is but he is probably right because it is on the internet

https://twitter.com/JeffMossDSR/status/ ... wsrc%5Etfw

and here it says that game is eligible

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2016/12/20/ ... primetime/

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
lololol.

The Week 17 SNF game is reserved for the game with the most playoff implications. NBC is more likely to reair the 2013 NFC Title game on SNF than they are to move the 10-4-1 Seahawks vs 1-14 Niners game to prime time.

That Week 17 game will be TEN-HOU or DET-GB

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
mikeak":1rryojmm said:
You won't find out more than 6 days prior for week 17 since they have special rules

If GB-DET is eligible then no doubt that is going

if not then Texans-Titans should have playoff implications as well

either way - No for our game. It is possible that after this weekend / when the game kicks off it is known that it doesn't matter for final seeding even so why flex it?

I don't know who this guy is but he is probably right because it is on the internet

https://twitter.com/JeffMossDSR/status/ ... wsrc%5Etfw

and here it says that game is eligible

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2016/12/20/ ... primetime/

Every game is eligible. Fox and CBS cannot protect games in Week 17

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2lz6rjzq said:
lololol.

The Week 17 SNF game is reserved for the game with the most playoff implications. NBC is more likely to reair the 2013 NFC Title game on SNF than they are to move the 10-4-1 Seahawks vs 1-14 Niners game to prime time.

Neither GB nor Detroit will be out of the playoff picture, even if they both lose this week, so I can almost guarantee that'll be the last game flexed......or Texans Titans if both win and it's for the AFC South.

Certainly won't be our game.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":12989hbv said:
Hasselbeck":12989hbv said:
lololol.

Neither GB nor Detroit will be out of the playoff picture, even if they both lose this week, so I can almost guarantee that'll be the last game flexed......or Texans Titans if both win and it's for the AFC South.

Certainly won't be our game.

I'll go one step further. I wouldn't be surprised if Houston/Tennessee were flexed to the afternoon and GB/Detroit will be the SNF game.

OP
OP
Seahawkfan80

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":1dmuqgeh said:
No offense meant, but is this a joke thread?

NO. I read the protocols on the nfl site and was wondering if I would be waking up after a long night in Santa Clara driving to Oakland to get on a plane home. Reading the protocols, it does not say a damn thing about all games are in play. All it says is that the afternoon games can be moved to the evening. That was the concern. There are only the games I posted playing in the afternoon. I am kinda snippy because of my concerns.

Now back to Jeff dunham....spark of insanity...I NEED the laugh.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":2el29hzo said:
therealjohncarlson":2el29hzo said:

NO. I read the protocols on the nfl site and was wondering if I would be waking up after a long night in Santa Clara driving to Oakland to get on a plane home. Reading the protocols, it does not say a damn thing about all games are in play. All it says is that the afternoon games can be moved to the evening. That was the concern. There are only the games I posted playing in the afternoon. I am kinda snippy because of my concerns.

I mean, even if the only games that got flexed in Week 17 were afternoon ones, they're not putting a 1-14 team on SNF.

But 99.9% sure it will be DET/GB as that game will determine the NFC North champ unless GB loses and DET beats Dallas on Monday. In that unexpected case, HOU/TEN figures to have the next best shot.

Don't worry, our three playoff games will be nationally televised. :2thumbs:

OP
OP
Seahawkfan80

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Disregard. I re read the rules and forgot that they play by the EAST Coast rules. That means all teams are involved in the possibility of the evening game. I took it to mean that the games that are on here at 10 and 11 am our times were not involved.

Anyway, anyone going to the game besides those I know of?

mikeak

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2wr8ifkg said:
Seahawkfan80":2wr8ifkg said:
therealjohncarlson":2wr8ifkg said:

I mean, even if the only games that got flexed in Week 17 were afternoon ones, they're not putting a 1-14 team on SNF.

But 99.9% sure it will be DET/GB as that game will determine the NFC North champ unless GB loses and DET beats Dallas on Monday. In that unexpected case, HOU/TEN figures to have the next best shot.

Don't worry, our three playoff games will be nationally televised. :2thumbs:

Redskins - Giants should also be considered. It just needs to be close to important for NBC to want it. You get the Washington DC market plus the New York market in one broadcast - yeah they will salivate over those numbers if it has viewership implications.

Nationally the GB - DET will have much higher numbers so I expect that one to most likely as well