Really need a "Get Right" game

gowazzu02

Reaction score
The playoffs are only a week away (hopefully 2 weeks COME ON NO!) This team seems to be in a bit of a funk. I think Shermans overall saltiness is a microcosm of the locker room. Nothing heals that better then a good ol' fashion whooping.

We need to go out and lay 40 on SF.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I think we will play well against SF............I'm still annoyed though by Sherman continuing to double and triple down on his nonsense with the press.

Is it helping him or the team to play better? Sure doesn't look like it on the field, he's had one of his worst years here. So why continue to cause a distraction?

This team certainly has the talent to circle the wagons and get right down in Frisco, but it doesn't seem like it's coming together in the locker room or on the field.

getnasty

Reaction score
I'm hoping Rawls plays even if not 100%. SF had a horrible run D and it should hopefully be a confidence builder for Rawls and the OL. Rawls has shown a lot of frustration after runs lately (hard to blame him) this could be a good opportunity for him to build trust in his OL and get right.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1c1nv1bg said:
I think we will play well against SF............I'm still annoyed though by Sherman continuing to double and triple down on his nonsense with the press.

Is it helping him or the team to play better? Sure doesn't look like it on the field, he's had one of his worst years here. So why continue to cause a distraction?

This team certainly has the talent to circle the wagons and get right down in Frisco, but it doesn't seem like it's coming together in the locker room or on the field.

Hmm, I agree that it's a distraction, but the press (Moore) seems to be getting their/his jollies with their/his deliberate ragging on Sherman......It doesn't happen in a vacuum, although it really does suck when the press/Moore/media exacerbates for clicks.
I, as well as a few others around here, was under the misconception that Lynch was a locker room distraction too, what with all his angst with the media, refusing to give them the respect that they thought that they deserved.
Unlike Lynch, Sherman just doesn't seem to be able to curb his ire.... Pisses me off that the media keeps feeding off it.

OP
OP
gowazzu02

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Cyrus12":3c37zs74 said:
ya its only game 16...time to turn it around.

Well if you want to go and be like that. We wrapped up the division 2 weeks ago............and are playing for the 10th win of the year.

getnasty

Reaction score
Cyrus12":1ex4rqas said:
ya its only game 16...time to turn it around.

Not sure it needs to turned around, more just a chance to iron out some wrinkles. Let's not act like we have 0 chance of winning the Superbowl.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2byouzv4 said:
I, as well as a few others around here, was under the misconception that Lynch was a locker room distraction too, what with all his angst with the media, refusing to give them the respect that they thought that they deserved.
Unlike Lynch, Sherman just doesn't seem to be able to curb his ire.... Pisses me off that the media keeps feeding off it.

Lynch wasn't a locker room distraction, his teammates loved him. But he definitely was a coaching distraction...........if you hooked Pete up to a lie detector he'd say he's relieved that he doesn't have to deal with Lynch's nonsense.

Miss him terribly on the field, I think we took his durability for granted. But his off field and "quirky" personality? No.

Mojambo

Reaction score
scutterhawk":3jfnsoyr said:
Sgt. Largent":3jfnsoyr said:

Hmm, I agree that it's a distraction, but the press (Moore) seems to be getting their/his jollies with their/his deliberate ragging on Sherman......It doesn't happen in a vacuum, although it really does suck when the press/Moore/media exacerbates for clicks.

I read the bolded part and wonder why you think this. Jim Moore has downplayed the entire episode more than just about anyone. certainly more than Sherman himself.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Well good thing we play the 49ers. Everyone gets right against the Niners.....except the Rams.

Largent80

Reaction score
Personally, I don't feel a win vs. a craptastic team is what this team needs. They needed to win last Saturday at home. But I digress. If they don't win against the worst team in many catagories then I would rather watch the 7-9 team that beat N.O. in the playoffs.

This year has been the strangest in all my years as a fan, and I'm riding the fence of whether I want to continue being a fanatic.

I'm MEH on the Hawks right now.

OP
OP
gowazzu02

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Largent80":1y7envy6 said:
Personally, I don't feel a win vs. a craptastic team is what this team needs. They needed to win last Saturday at home. But I digress. If they don't win against the worst team in many catagories then I would rather watch the 7-9 team that beat N.O. in the playoffs.

This year has been the strangest in all my years as a fan, and I'm riding the fence of whether I want to continue being a fanatic.

U can do whatevef u want w ur time. But if a 10 win nfc west 3rd maybe 2nd seed makes u want to quit. Maybe u should. Back away a bit and try to gain some perspective. Our fan base is quite spoiled.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
gowazzu02":s1ugymow said:
Largent80":s1ugymow said:

U can do whatevef u want w ur time. But if a 10 win nfc west 3rd maybe 2nd seed makes u want to quit. Maybe u should. Back away a bit and try to gain some perspective. Our fan base is quite spoiled.

Has nothing to do with being spoiled. Some fans expect better from the team and aren't willing to settle for less. This team should have been 14-2, instead they are 10-5-1. It's great they won their division and are in the playoffs but they should be playing for home field advantage throughout the playoffs. They way they have pooped games is very disappointing. It's one thing if they lost in a competitive manner but they way they have lost their games hasn't been that at all.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
If the Seahawks can 'get something right' in SF, that would be turning the corner and getting back to a punishing ground game.

kf3339

Reaction score
hawkfan68":4xur5kni said:
gowazzu02":4xur5kni said:
Largent80":4xur5kni said:

Has nothing to do with being spoiled. Some fans expect better from the team and aren't willing to settle for less. This team should have been 14-2, instead they are 10-5-1. It's great they won their division and are in the playoffs but they should be playing for home field advantage throughout the playoffs. They way they have pooped games is very disappointing. It's one thing if they lost in a competitive manner but they way they have lost their games hasn't been that at all.

You mean 9-5-1. We haven't won our 10th game, yet!

cymatica

Reaction score
Largent80":2ksj2eoc said:

Feel the same. The only "get right" win would be a complete blow out. A shut out would help too. But the way they've played this season, there's no reason to think a win against even a good team would carry into the next week

OP
OP
gowazzu02

gowazzu02

Reaction score
hawkfan68":fok8okb4 said:
gowazzu02":fok8okb4 said:
Largent80":fok8okb4 said:

We "should be 14 and 2"????. This team is not better the the superbowl team. They have a udfa starting at lt. Rt is a turnstyle between potential in gilliam and sowell who was cut by arozona. Maybe some peoples expectations are too high......the nfl is hard. Other teams get paid too.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
gowazzu02":1i5yrcoo said:
The playoffs are only a week away (hopefully 2 weeks COME ON NO!) This team seems to be in a bit of a funk. I think Shermans overall saltiness is a microcosm of the locker room. Nothing heals that better then a good ol' fashion whooping.

We need to go out and lay 40 on SF.

I doubt seriously Sherman's teammates are upset with him. The media can suck it and get over themselves. Also its going to take a hell of a lot more than a of couple dustups for his team to turn against him. I would argue he has just as much respect and support as any other past years. Just for the record Richard Sherman is not having a bad year.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
gowazzu02":3o3mqrvz said:
hawkfan68":3o3mqrvz said:
gowazzu02":3o3mqrvz said:
Largent80":3o3mqrvz said:

We "should be 14 and 2"????. This team is not better the the superbowl team. They have a udfa starting at lt. Rt is a turnstyle between potential in gilliam and sowell who was cut by arozona. Maybe some peoples expectations are too high......the nfl is hard. Other teams get paid too.

Absolutely, if they had beat TB, as they should have, and the Saints - they would have been 12-3-1. The Arizona games should have been wins too - That's 14-2 (if not for special teams blunders) (counting next Sunday's game - probable win). That doesn't mean they are better than the superbowl team. That means they are the best team in the NFL this regular season, which is what they would have been. Are this year's Patriots a better team than 2014-15 Patriots, I think not. This season's Pats lost Gronk midseason.

Cartire

Reaction score
Largent80":1ytssm1r said:

This is BS.

We've been through a lot worse with this team and saw greatness come through. We've seen disappointment. But that disappointment is what makes the victories stronger. We got the trophy with this team. We've competed for one every year, including this one, with this team.

Respect this team more. Enjoy this more.

Latest posts