Perspective

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
I will try. We are 1/2 game better than last season. Even in our Super Bowl Season we did not dominate every game and even had some close ones by bad teams (Houston overtime, Tampa Bay overtime, Carolina). We were obviously a better squad the Super Bowl year but every year we cant be that good. Especially in this era of football.
We won today. Of course we all want to win by 30 every game but it is just not the way. We fought hard and won. I am glad.
The new season begins now.

Lets pick ourselves up and make that run. It has been done before by lesser teams. We are a good team playing bad. The teams that won were OK teams that played great in the playoffs.

First game at home so lets go get them no matter who it is. We can beat anyone. This team does not like to give up so lets not do it ourselves.

Go Hawks.

sutz

Reaction score
Nice to get the win before the playoffs. Nice it was a road game, too.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!

Leew72

Reaction score
We are not going to do well away from home in these playoffs..

Getting 3rd instead of 4th was good in the fact that we will go to 2 soft away stadiums in Atlanta or Dallas.. glad GB didn't get seeded above us or we would lose to them @ lambeau

confident will beat Detroit at home and then who knows

Largent80

Reaction score
The problem Is that we are indeed a good team playing bad and that's frustrating. Don't even feel like we are even in games for the last month.

It's hard football to watch, but I have a feeling that next week will be the grand Finale of this season.

mikeak

Reaction score
Leew72":2slj1xdq said:

Getting 3rd instead of 4th was good in the fact that we will go to 2 soft away stadiums in Atlanta or Dallas.. glad GB didn't get seeded above us or we would lose to them @ lambeau

Pretty sure second game would be Atlanta or Dallas regardless...

HawkEye

Reaction score
Go Hawks!

10-5-1
NFC West Champs
We host tonight's game loser next week

People, we just had 2 division games. Those are always hard fought games. This is the NFL. Enjoy your week and embrace the possibility of a victory next week!

Leew72

Reaction score
mikeak":36yh3d7s said:
Leew72":36yh3d7s said:

sure but if we pulled out a win away it would be a kick in the nuts to play a championship game in Green bay

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Thanks for some positivity. I believe in this team. We have a top 5 QB and with one, we always have a chance. We have the talent to get it done, in fact being the #3 seed is pretty accurate. I would argue we're the 3rd best team in the NFC and could beat number 1 and 2 if we execute. Cheers!

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Gotta make the playoffs to have a chance.

We have a chance.

Need a LOT of things to fall into place (line, running game consistency, defense, clock management).

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Despite my concern about our chances in the playoffs, it's always great to have a chance in the playoffs.

We just wrapped up a ten-win season with a division championship, and we get to play again next weekend. Cheers to that!

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
mikeak":1p4r8z12 said:
Leew72":1p4r8z12 said:

Only team we can play in the second round is Atlanta.

nash72

Reaction score
Largent80":lqg8jnrf said:
It's hard football to watch, but I have a feeling that next week will be the grand Finale of this season.

Same here. Also tired of hearing about how its division games and so forth. The 49ers are the 2nd worst team in the league and we damn near lost to them. This team is playing downright horrible football at a time when you cant afford to. Its going to be an early exit.

Aw Mang

Reaction score
Largent80":19nbv4u6 said:

You are not alone.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
nash72":1n9ben22 said:
Largent80":1n9ben22 said:

Same here. Also tired of hearing about how its division games and so forth. The 49ers are the 2nd worst team in the league and we damn near lost to them. This team is playing downright horrible football at a time when you cant afford to. Its going to be an early exit.

Well when you see bad divisional opponents giving good teams a run for its money, it matters

Cowboys beat the Niners only by a TD. The Browns gave several teams competition this year

nash72

Reaction score
Scorpion05":rw9prh5r said:
nash72":rw9prh5r said:
Largent80":rw9prh5r said:

Well when you see bad divisional opponents giving good teams a run for its money, it matters

Cowboys beat the Niners only by a TD. The Browns gave several teams competition this year

Your right, they're 2 wins over the entire season and they're ranking dead last in defense is of no reflection on the Seahawks. Its perfectly acceptable and understandable to struggle against that kind of competition.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
nash72":18l64bz1 said:
Largent80":18l64bz1 said:

Also forgot to add the usual "they have one of the most underrated D lines in the NFL". I love that one. It comes up with every game we lose or barely win.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
With our mediocre play of late, I gotta say I've gone from just expecting plays to work, like the last few years with Russ and Co., LOB etc.... To expecting them NOT to work.... Just like the 'ol SOS days. Hell, even the long bombs the past few years with Russ and Co. have become just *yawn*, normal stuff. We've just gotten accustomed to our team making huge plays seem almost routine. Now, everything seems like a crapshoot... Just like the old days. But I still think we just need stuff to start going our way again. Most of it is skilled players with competent coaching, but there is a huge amount of blind luck in this game. We've gotten that in droves the last few years. We just need things to start bouncing our way again. But I realize that the skill level has taken a sharp turn downwards, obviously, with injuries playing a huge part. But if that damn luck pendulum would just swing back our way again, we can do this thing. We need a lousy 4 game winning streak. That's it. Starting right now. That's not unusual at all, especially with a team with this much talent. Chances are definitely against us this year for sure, but it's doable, and it wouldn't even be that out of the ordinary. Nobody is that much better than anybody else this particular season, especially in the NFC. On the other side, we already handled the Patriots once in their house, though with somewhat better personnel than we possess right now admittedly. What I'm saying here doesn't change the fact that I personally believe our team is gonna get killed at some point these playoffs. I'm just saying don't be THAT surprised if we suddenly come alive and advance. The competition is in no way insurmountable anywhere this year. We just need the damn ball to bounce our way. I'm expecting to fail, but I also think we have a hell of a lot better chance than most of you on this very board think we do. Just making proclamations that we're dead and have zero chance. Bullshit. I hope they shut all of you up (as I'm sure most of you hope they do as well). 8) Let's get these damn Lions out of the way and make it a 3 game winning streak. We CAN do it. And wouldn't that be awesome. Shut all the doubters up. GO HAWKS!

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Leew72":vzx1gltt said:

It's a new season, Bench Warmer. Get with it or be gone...

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
nash72":azyweofm said:
Scorpion05":azyweofm said:
nash72":azyweofm said:
Largent80":azyweofm said:

Your right, they're 2 wins over the entire season and they're ranking dead last in defense is of no reflection on the Seahawks. Its perfectly acceptable and understandable to struggle against that kind of competition.

Why do all to the 'bench warmers' and 'net rookies' infest this place after we've done less than stellar. New season fellas. Don't turn this forum into a wailing wall. Effing get with the program or get lost.