Donkeys interested in Bevell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Kyle Shanahan is a much hotter prospect at this point, but if another team swoops him up, please take Bevell

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Go Darrell GO! I hope Elway reads the pro-Bevell posts on this forum and bases his decision off of those. :2thumbs:

Trrrroy

Reaction score
I'd imagine if they picked Bevell it would be due to the previous streak of top 10 offensive DVOA finishes, and not one down year buoyed by arguably the least talented O-line in the NFL, backup RB's, and an injured Wilson.

What is comical to me about this Bevell hate is that every year during draft season people are screaming to draft O-line, saying you can't field a decent offense without talent in the trenches. And then those same people subsequently burn Darrell Bevell for not doing the exact thing they said can't be done.

I have had one problem with Bevell this year, and that is his reluctance to stick to the run. But at the same time with the lack if talent at RB and especially the O-line this board would be screaming at him for not utilizing his top players in Wilson, Baldwin and Graham. So it's a lose-lose for Bevell unless he magically finds a way to field a top 3 offense out of a pile cow manure for a line.

The reality is that the Seahawks bet on potential and athletisicm over talent on the offensive line and that hasn't worked out. And that's been compounded by injuries and poor play by our RB's and Russell Wilson. Bevell deserves some blame for this year, as I don't think he has compensated as well as he should have, but the largest portion of blame should go to Pete, Schneider, and Cable for having a plan for the O-line that just didn't work.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
We should make a thread glorifying him. Then have a mod pin it for all to see.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Mistashoesta":1ka56qsg said:
You don't need to glorify. But you COULD tell the truth.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2cbcwjqh said:
Mistashoesta":2cbcwjqh said:
And what exactly is that?

nash72

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":37n2hq9b said:
Mistashoesta":37n2hq9b said:

No. We actually want the Broncos to take him.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Bevell doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell against Shanahan.

seabowl

Reaction score
Everyone start posting that we love Bevell and would hate to lose him. I'm sure the Broncos brass once they read how much we love Bevell will snatch him right up. Someone please burn all of the tape of the offense for the past 3 years quick.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Mistashoesta":oxx7pfps said:
Siouxhawk":oxx7pfps said:
Mistashoesta":oxx7pfps said:
Go read Greg's post titled "Allow Yourself a Moment of Pride" and recount all the amazing things this franchise has done the past five years. Bevell has been there all along. He's also been the main tutor to one of the most amazing quarterbacks in the league. Even this year its an achievement to him to have crafted an offense that has helped us to 10 wins and a home playoff game behind a line that hasn't exactly flourished. Hopefully that changes in the playoffs.
As I said, I personally hope he stays with the Hawks because I like what he brings to our team.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1g76e67l said:
Mistashoesta":1g76e67l said:
Siouxhawk":1g76e67l said:
Mistashoesta":1g76e67l said:
Go read Greg's post titled "Allow Yourself a Moment of Pride" and recount all the amazing things this franchise has done the past five years. Bevell has been there all along. He's also been the main tutor to one of the most amazing quarterbacks in the league. Even this year its an achievement to him to have crafted an offense that has helped us to 10 wins and a home playoff game behind a line that hasn't exactly flourished. Hopefully that changes in the playoffs.
As I said, I personally hope he stays with the Hawks because I like what he brings to our team.
We get it, you're Darrell Bevell, gonna miss you on this forum if you are hired by the Broncos.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Elway is way to smart. They give the media a guy no one thinks will get it and Shanahan. Everyone knows we are stuck with Bevell. Nice to dream though. Plus, it would crush Siouxhawk. Think of poor Siouhawk.

randomation

Reaction score
We should send Sioux to extol his virtues to Elway not only will he hire him he will make him the highest paid coach in the league but it would be such a shame to lose him :twisted:

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
johnnyfever":cir6i0n8 said:
Elway is way to smart. They give the media a guy no one thinks will get it and Shanahan. Everyone knows we are stuck with Bevell. Nice to dream though. Plus, it would crush Siouxhawk. Think of poor Siouhawk.
Thanks for thinking of me Mr. WKRP, but I really just want to see the continued success of the Seahawks and I think Bevell is the best guy for the job. It's as simple as that. I could see why they'd want to interview Bev, but I'm hoping, as should you, that such an interview wouldn't be granted until the week before the Super Bowl.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I don't know Siouxhawk and he doesn't know me, but I really got to commend the guy for sticking to his guns with Bevell.

Thread after thread, he defends Bevell, and continues to be put down for it. I just wanted to say I admire his courage.

Who knows, if Bevell does leave the team one day and our offense gets worse, we all can owe Siouxhawk an apology

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Jerhawk":20rekmv7 said:
I don't know Siouxhawk and he doesn't know me, but I really got to commend the guy for sticking to his guns with Bevell.

Thread after thread, he defends Bevell, and continues to be put down for it. I just wanted to say I admire his courage.

Who knows, if Bevell does leave the team one day and our offense gets worse, we all can owe Siouxhawk an apology
Naw, but a beer will do.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
In all honesty, I would rather see Cable go bye bye than Bevell. FWIW.

Status
Not open for further replies.