Donkeys interested in Bevell

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":8j3nbtcb said:
johnnyfever":8j3nbtcb said:
Elway is way to smart. They give the media a guy no one thinks will get it and Shanahan. Everyone knows we are stuck with Bevell. Nice to dream though. Plus, it would crush Siouxhawk. Think of poor Siouhawk.
Thanks for thinking of me Mr. WKRP, but I really just want to see the continued success of the Seahawks and I think Bevell is the best guy for the job. It's as simple as that. I could see why they'd want to interview Bev, but I'm hoping, as should you, that such an interview wouldn't be granted until the week before the Super Bowl.

The issue is you are looking at our record and making the incorrect analysis that it is because of bevell.

Look at the explosive plays in our comebacks, our scoring drives. These happen off of a broken play where russ is scrambling. Why do you think all of our offense comes in the 4th qtr? Have you ever really watched why that is?

It is because that is when the team takes it on it's shoulders. The plays are just as broken as the 1st 3 qtrs, but the sense of urgency forces russ and the boys to scramble, make amazing catches etc.

That is why we are so frustrated. These 4th qr "backyard football" situations show we have immense talent on this team. The 1st 3 qtrs when they are running the plays exactly how Bevell lays them out do not work. He does not take advantage of the talent he has. He instead magnifies our OL deficiencies by calling runs up the middle and long developing plays.

You are looking at only the record. The devil is always in the details. Those of us who don't like Bevell have come to this conclusion from watching the details, breaking down why we can't seem to start well, what is working and what isn't. For lack of a better term, we pay more attention to the gameplan and as such can see the glaring mistakes being made.

As I have said before, our success is in spite of him, not because of him. You are misplacing the reason for our offensive successes and failures.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":gon6qqgp said:
We should offer Cable as a two-fer special. Sweeten the deal. Make it happen.
:laugh:

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
johnnyfever":2x4wqwb6 said:
Siouxhawk":2x4wqwb6 said:
johnnyfever":2x4wqwb6 said:
Elway is way to smart. They give the media a guy no one thinks will get it and Shanahan. Everyone knows we are stuck with Bevell. Nice to dream though. Plus, it would crush Siouxhawk. Think of poor Siouhawk.
Thanks for thinking of me Mr. WKRP, but I really just want to see the continued success of the Seahawks and I think Bevell is the best guy for the job. It's as simple as that. I could see why they'd want to interview Bev, but I'm hoping, as should you, that such an interview wouldn't be granted until the week before the Super Bowl.

The issue is you are looking at our record and making the incorrect analysis that it is because of bevell.

Look at the explosive plays in our comebacks, our scoring drives. These happen off of a broken play where russ is scrambling. Why do you think all of our offense comes in the 4th qtr? Have you ever really watched why that is?

It is because that is when the team takes it on it's shoulders. The plays are just as broken as the 1st 3 qtrs, but the sense of urgency forces russ and the boys to scramble, make amazing catches etc.

That is why we are so frustrated. These 4th qr "backyard football" situations show we have immense talent on this team. The 1st 3 qtrs when they are running the plays exactly how Bevell lays them out do not work. He does not take advantage of the talent he has. He instead magnifies our OL deficiencies by calling runs up the middle and long developing plays.

You are looking at only the record. The devil is always in the details. Those of us who don't like Bevell have come to this conclusion from watching the details, breaking down why we can't seem to start well, what is working and what isn't. For lack of a better term, we pay more attention to the gameplan and as such can see the glaring mistakes being made.

As I have said before, our success is in spite of him, not because of him. You are misplacing the reason for our offensive successes and failures.
And on the other side of the coin, I see lots of plays and drives that are carefully orchestrated within the makeup of the Bevell-designed offense.

And of course he's a part of compiling the wins. I never said he should get credit entirely, but it's flat out poor reasoning to not attribute a complementary portion of the success of the Hawks the last 5 years to the Bevell-designed offense.

And the old sign-song about it just being the players is poppycock. The offensive coaching staff led by Bevell takes great measures to work with the players in the classroom and on the field in installing the game plan. They give them their assignments and the players execute. That's what they're paid to do.

And being a team that finishes strong actually supports my belief in Bevell as he's the one making halftime and in-game adjustments to give us the final thrust we need in those tight ballgames.And as I've said all along, he's making Russ a more cerebral quarterback in setting pass protections and switching to audibles when he notices a tendency in the defense that we can exploit. Those are byproducts of all those learning sessions he's had with Bevell or Karl Smith.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":dqioune5 said:
johnnyfever":dqioune5 said:
Siouxhawk":dqioune5 said:
johnnyfever":dqioune5 said:

And on the other side of the coin, I see lots of plays and drives that are carefully orchestrated within the makeup of the Bevell-designed offense.

And of course he's a part of compiling the wins. I never said he should get credit entirely, but it's flat out poor reasoning to not attribute a complementary portion of the success of the Hawks the last 5 years to the Bevell-designed offense.

And the old sign-song about it just being the players is poppycock. The offensive coaching staff led by Bevell takes great measures to work with the players in the classroom and on the field in installing the game plan. They give them their assignments and the players execute. That's what they're paid to do.

And being a team that finishes strong actually supports my belief in Bevell as he's the one making halftime and in-game adjustments to give us the final thrust we need in those tight ballgames.And as I've said all along, he's making Russ a more cerebral quarterback in setting pass protections and switching to audibles when he notices a tendency in the defense that we can exploit. Those are byproducts of all those learning sessions he's had with Bevell or Karl Smith.
You know what? I just noticed a couple days ago that you are not holding a pie in your avatar.

SeaChat

Reaction score
Cheese is Rice Man, can't we get through one week without all of these Bevell haters drumming up some sideways thread to try and help Seattle lose the greatest asset they have short of Pete Carroll. We have 35 previous seasons without Darrell Bevell that demonstrate, not only that he the most successful and productive OC, in the history of the Seahawk franchise, but also provide indisputably clear evidence of how absolutely idiotic it is to even contemplate his departure from our organization.

If Darrell did finally get fed up with all the haters, and the Seahawk management simply, in a moment of amnesia and insanity, ignored all these meaningful statistics and did let Bevell depart from our team to another, they would come to regret it each and every time we played whatever organization was fortunate enough to sign him, because statistically they would promptly take our place in NFL standings, and don't overlook the distinct possibility, that the Seahawks would fade back into the mediocre team they were before Darrell agreed to come on board.

When are folks going to get it through their heads that Bevell's one of the best , if not the best OC in the NFL. If the players on ythe field carried out the plays as they were called in to them, the Seahawks would be an undefeated 5 time Super Bowl Champion, that is of course our defense had played and continues to play going forward as they have in the past.

What we need isn't a new OC, we need an offensive that can execute the plays called into them. Bevell's play calling is nothing short of genius, he is in many ways the reason the Seattle Seahawks have been and consistently continue to be a team to be reconed with in the NFL year after year.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1922uemc said:
Mistashoesta":1922uemc said:
We should make a thread glorifying him. Then have a mod pin it for all to see.
You don't need to glorify. But you COULD tell the truth.

Teams that posted higher points per game than Seattle with weaker offensive rosters:

Dolphins
Titans
Redskins
Chargers
Raiders
Colts

Those are 6 of the 17 teams that more ppg than we did, because we were 18th in the league.

Truth.

*Fun fact: the only team with lower ppg than us to make the playoffs is Detroit. Otherwise, we are the weakest scoring team in the post season this year.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...
:roll:

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":aos8tzzh said:
Siouxhawk":aos8tzzh said:
Mistashoesta":aos8tzzh said:

Teams that posted higher points per game than Seattle with weaker offensive rosters:

Dolphins
Titans
Redskins
Chargers
Raiders
Colts

Those are 6 of the 17 teams that more ppg than we did, because we were 18th in the league.

Truth.

*Fun fact: the only team with lower ppg than us to make the playoffs is Detroit. Otherwise, we are the weakest scoring team in the post season this year.
Who give's a rat's butt about those teams. Four of them didn't make the playoffs. What part of this don't you get?

You seem like you've been around long enough to figure out the formula that this team evolves around. Obviously you don't understand it.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1rlen9bw said:
WindCityHawk":1rlen9bw said:
Siouxhawk":1rlen9bw said:
Mistashoesta":1rlen9bw said:

Dolphins
Titans
Redskins
Chargers
Raiders
Colts

Truth.

Who give's a rat's butt about those teams. Four of them didn't make the playoffs. What part of this don't you get?

You seem like you've been around long enough to figure out the formula that this team evolves around. Obviously you don't understand it.

Lol, nevermind. You're clearly not looking for a discussion. You've got your mind made up. Bevell is brilliant and God is in his heaven and everyone but you is an idiot. You can just have this forum, I quit.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":nzdl4bp6 said:
WindCityHawk":nzdl4bp6 said:
Siouxhawk":nzdl4bp6 said:

Dolphins
Titans
Redskins
Chargers
Raiders
Colts

Truth.

Lol, nevermind. You're clearly not looking for a discussion. You've got your mind made up. Bevell is brilliant and God is in his heaven and everyone but you is an idiot. You can just have this forum, I quit.[/quote]
If and when we ever become in dire straits like San Diego or the New York Jets, I'll look for alternatives. But we're at the zenith of franchise success, so now's not the time.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
randomation":2on62ks8 said:
We should send Sioux to extol his virtues to Elway not only will he hire him he will make him the highest paid coach in the league but it would be such a shame to lose him :twisted:
If Sioux could work his magic with Elway there would be 2 crisp $100 bills headed his way from my wallet. Of course he'd have to have picture proof like him, DB, and Elway shaking hands on the deal. :2thumbs:

Everyone wins in my scenario. :2thumbs:

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3rcqsok4 said:
randomation":3rcqsok4 said:
We should send Sioux to extol his virtues to Elway not only will he hire him he will make him the highest paid coach in the league but it would be such a shame to lose him :twisted:
If Sioux could work his magic with Elway there would be 2 crisp $100 bills headed his way from my wallet. Of course he'd have to have picture proof like him, DB, and Elway shaking hands on the deal. :2thumbs:

Well John did get an up-close-and-personal look at our offense shredding his defense 3 years ago on a pretty big stage. I'm sure that still resonates.

chris98251

Reaction score
The reason Elway would look at Bevell, he brought Wilson up his first few years. He uses a offense that uses the ZBS, for that matter he could look at Cable as well but I think he wants the QB aspect to bring along his young QB's.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2ou3kzl6 said:
Sports Hernia":2ou3kzl6 said:
randomation":2ou3kzl6 said:

Well John did get an up-close-and-personal look at our offense shredding his defense 3 years ago on a pretty big stage. I'm sure that still resonates.

We had 3 offensive TDs in that game, and 1 was in garbage time. We had the same 3rd down conversation rate as Denver, and outgained them by a whopping 35 yards (341/306).

Not that I'm complaining about the result, of course, but don't revise history. Denver committed 4 turnovers. Our Defense/Special Teams dominated that game. Again, you're giving Bevell credit for things he had nothing to do with.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":1lf6hcix said:
Siouxhawk":1lf6hcix said:
Sports Hernia":1lf6hcix said:
randomation":1lf6hcix said:

We had 3 offensive TDs in that game, and 1 was in garbage time. We had the same 3rd down conversation rate as Denver, and outgained them by a whopping 35 yards (341/306).

Not that I'm complaining about the result, of course, but don't revise history. Denver committed 4 turnovers. Our Defense/Special Teams dominated that game. Again, you're giving Bevell credit for things he had nothing to do with.
Yes, we outgained the No. 1 offense in the league BY 40 YARDS. That's offensive production. It's real. Fantastic catches by Doug and Jermaine. We dominated! Offense and defense work together on this team. They feed off of one another. Have for the last 5 years.

sdog1981

Reaction score
That does it for me.

Siouxhawk is Bevell.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
sdog1981":242ctsug said:
That does it for me.

Siouxhawk is Bevell.

Seriously, there's no talking to this guy. He may just be trolling at this point.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":i7g7lw65 said:
sdog1981":i7g7lw65 said:
That does it for me.

Siouxhawk is Bevell.

Seriously, there's no talking to this guy. He may just be trolling at this point.

Yet you all keep replying to him.

cymatica

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":10jb7yc0 said:
WindCityHawk":10jb7yc0 said:
Siouxhawk":10jb7yc0 said:
Sports Hernia":10jb7yc0 said:

Yes, we outgained the No. 1 offense in the league BY 40 YARDS. That's offensive production. It's real. Fantastic catches by Doug and Jermaine. We dominated! Offense and defense work together on this team. They feed off of one another. Have for the last 5 years.

Those stats aren't measured in a vacuum. That no. 1 offense went up against the defense playing their best game in their best season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts