Not open for further replies.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":32kk4atm said:
WindCityHawk":32kk4atm said:
sdog1981":32kk4atm said:
That does it for me.

Siouxhawk is Bevell.

Seriously, there's no talking to this guy. He may just be trolling at this point.

Yet you all keep replying to him.

I can't just sit by while logic is butchered like this, and facts twisted within an inch of their lives! *weeps helplessly*

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1n07w5rw said:
Sports Hernia":1n07w5rw said:
randomation":1n07w5rw said:
We should send Sioux to extol his virtues to Elway not only will he hire him he will make him the highest paid coach in the league but it would be such a shame to lose him :twisted:
If Sioux could work his magic with Elway there would be 2 crisp $100 bills headed his way from my wallet. Of course he'd have to have picture proof like him, DB, and Elway shaking hands on the deal. :2thumbs:

Everyone wins in my scenario. :2thumbs:
Well John did get an up-close-and-personal look at our offense shredding his defense 3 years ago on a pretty big stage. I'm sure that still resonates.
One can hope. :)

Hawks46

Reaction score
chris98251":20yi9r0u said:
The reason Elway would look at Bevell, he brought Wilson up his first few years. He uses a offense that uses the ZBS, for that matter he could look at Cable as well but I think he wants the QB aspect to bring along his young QB's.

This is Bevell's biggest accomplishment. He brought Wilson along masterfully.

I don't dislike Bevell or the job he does, but I do dislike the lack of 1st half in game adjustments, the complete lack of situational play calling (and the corresponding personnel), and the inability to incorporate one of the most dynamic TE's in the game today.

Our Red Zone play calling is atrocious. We're one of the worst RZ teams in the league and this is years running. It's a commonly known fact that Wilson has some vision issues in the middle of the field in the RZ where his height becomes a factor. So answer me this....when was the last time we saw Graham, Willson and McEvoy on the field at one time ? Run 3 guys out there 6'6" or better, Wilson has less vision problems, as well as 3 jump ball targets (one of those guys will be in single coverage, you can't double all of them). Instead, we get Baldwin, Lockett and Kearse (who is the worst RZ WR in the league). So you get one guy that can't get open, and two guys that use quickness and speed in an area condensed down where it negates quickness and speed.

I honestly think it's time for new blood here. Maybe same with the OL coaching. Yes, it can get worse for both, but newer, fresh ideas are needed now.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3vqblgqk said:
WindCityHawk":3vqblgqk said:
sdog1981":3vqblgqk said:
That does it for me.

Siouxhawk is Bevell.

Seriously, there's no talking to this guy. He may just be trolling at this point.

Yet you all keep replying to him.
Sorry, it was my failed attempt at stand up comedy.
< walks away with head down in shame >

I won't be quitting either of my jobs anytime soon. :(

SeaChat

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":9xxmqibi said:
Siouxhawk":9xxmqibi said:
Mistashoesta":9xxmqibi said:
We should make a thread glorifying him. Then have a mod pin it for all to see.
You don't need to glorify. But you COULD tell the truth.

Teams that posted higher points per game than Seattle with weaker offensive rosters:

Dolphins
Titans
Redskins
Chargers
Raiders
Colts

Those are 6 of the 17 teams that more ppg than we did, because we were 18th in the league.

Truth.

*Fun fact: the only team with lower ppg than us to make the playoffs is Detroit. Otherwise, we are the weakest scoring team in the post season this year.

This is my point in an around about way. A number of folks hate Bevell and shoulder him with the Seahawks offence's failure to successfully execute the plays that they are given as often as they should be, often enough however to have kept them in the hunt for 5 straight seasons.

If Bevell is sending in the right plays for the right situations on the field and the offense fails to successfully execute it, the bad is on the offense not Bevell. This continuous argument to get rid of Bevell after every game we loose or perform poorly in, would better be argued to fire all the players who did not consistently execute the assignments they were given to carry out throughout the game. It takes everyone being on board, consistently to make it all work.

I know the Seahawks offense is young and inexperienced, but has come a long ways in this season and are just now starting to come together now when we need them the most to.

I really believe in a couple of seasons down the road, that we will look back and realize what a great marriage it was for Bevell and the Seahawks offense. I could be all wrong, but don't think so.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Let's try this from another angle. To Bevell supporters: what is a good reason to fire an OC? At what point is an OC held accountable for anything? Or is it always the players' fault?

mistaowen

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":y4tb544e said:
WindCityHawk":y4tb544e said:
Siouxhawk":y4tb544e said:
Mistashoesta":y4tb544e said:
We should make a thread glorifying him. Then have a mod pin it for all to see.
You don't need to glorify. But you COULD tell the truth.

Teams that posted higher points per game than Seattle with weaker offensive rosters:

Dolphins
Titans
Redskins
Chargers
Raiders
Colts

Those are 6 of the 17 teams that more ppg than we did, because we were 18th in the league.

Truth.

*Fun fact: the only team with lower ppg than us to make the playoffs is Detroit. Otherwise, we are the weakest scoring team in the post season this year.
Who give's a rat's butt about those teams. Four of them didn't make the playoffs. What part of this don't you get?

You seem like you've been around long enough to figure out the formula that this team evolves around. Obviously you don't understand it.

So the formula is sputter along offensively while riding the coattails of an all-time defense? Just because there were enough wins to make the playoffs this year in an awful NFC West means the offense did fine? Nevermind the fact this team almost had ANOTHER #1 scoring defense season and might have if Earl didn't get hurt. You complain about people not understanding this team and yet never give credit to the defense being at least 75% of this teams success since PC got here.

Just because the overall record since PC came is so great (in large part due to the defense) doesn't mean the offense gets a pass because 'wins'. The offense looked really, really bad in a bunch of games this season, especially on the road. You cannot objectively look at this season and say otherwise. We no longer have Marshawn to turn negative runs into big gains which was a major reason for the dominate running game.

I still think this is the most talented roster in the NFL and have no doubt they can win the Super Bowl. With that said, I hope the coordinators have some big evaluations come the off season. Bevell has been 'OK' and is a big part of Russell's development. I share similar views as Hawks46 said above. We can do better, just how they did going from Bradley to Quinn.

lukerguy

Reaction score
The SB game we beat them was by far his best play calling and design I've ever seen, so that makes sense.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":2zczgy8x said:
Let's try this from another angle. To Bevell supporters: what is a good reason to fire an OC? At what point is an OC held accountable for anything? Or is it always the players' fault?

Well the fact is when OC's get fired, it has far more to do with them no longer (or never in the first place) getting along with the HC. Kinda like what happened in Minny this year.

I mean, if any team could blame injuries on poor offensive performance it was the Vikings right? Terrible plague of injuries to start their season. But the main reason they fired Turner is he flat out had philisophical/scheme differences with Zimmer.

So what's a good reason for us to fire Bevell? When he no longer understands or defies how Pete whats the offense run.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2kgj7a9b said:
WindCityHawk":2kgj7a9b said:

Well the fact is when OC's get fired, it has far more to do with them no longer (or never in the first place) getting along with the HC. Kinda like what happened in Minny this year.

I mean, if any team could blame injuries on poor offensive performance it was the Vikings right? Terrible plague of injuries to start their season. But the main reason they fired Turner is he flat out had philisophical/scheme differences with Zimmer.

So what's a good reason for us to fire Bevell? When he no longer understands or defies how Pete whats the offense run.

Hey, maybe that's why Pete's tone has been a bit "off" this season. He's getting ready to fire Bevell!!

A guy can dream... :irishdrinkers:

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Dear Bevell Supporter: Why would Bevell need to be fired for us to get a new OC?

I'm pulling for him to finally get a better opportunity elsewhere. The good ones always get plucked from good teams right?

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
If the offense lays another egg against the Lions on Saturday, I'm say nothing but punts and stalled drives, would that sign Bevells walking papers?

chris98251

Reaction score
Seahawk_Dan":1f38dd92 said:
If the offense lays another egg against the Lions on Saturday, I'm say nothing but punts and stalled drives, would that sign Bevells walking papers?

No they can blame it on the Long Snapper.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seahawk_Dan":3r60kmjk said:

If we lose Saturday I think there will be quite a few big moves in the off season, maybe Bevell included..........although Pete is about as loyal as it gets with his coaches.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Seahawk_Dan":3e834xu7 said:
And if the inverse happens, and the Hawks are in total control of the game, by this very scenario, Bev should get a fat 2-year contract extension. Sounds fair to me.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
One good game after a season of garbage is grounds for an extension? You're a generous boss! Can I work you? I'll be late and incompetent Monday through Thursday, but Friday I'll really shine and expect a raise.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":v6mrz3k8 said:
One good game after a season of garbage is grounds for an extension? You're a generous boss! Can I work you? I'll be late and incompetent Monday through Thursday, but Friday I'll really shine and expect a raise.
Point being that it's just as incredulous to hear any talk of firing when this team has won 10 games each of the past 5 years and is hosting a playoff game. As far as my hiring policy, how's your work ethic and will you bring donuts in the morning every Thursday?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":1mfcn9tp said:

Sioux's point is it makes as much sense to fire a coordinator based on one performance as it does to give him a raise over one performance.

You take into account the coordinator's entire tenure, and Bevell's tenure other than this year with Russell's injury, revolving door of RB's and the worst O-line in franchise history has been delivering a top 10 offense.

Is he bullet proof? Heck no, but he's certainly not the main reason this offense is struggling.

Seahawks4eva

Reaction score
Sioux, ever heard of cognitive dissonance? I was going to bring up Wilson free styling being the main reason behind a top offense but somebody did that. But to also try to credit our offense for the Super Bowl... Our defense destroyed them and everything points to that being the reason that they built the defense they have now. The only trickery we employ is not giving the ball to our better players more because "they'll expect it". It's like he looks at what we should do and does the opposite. He thinks that makes him smart when in fact it just under utilizes our highest talent players.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Seahawks4eva":20mmrzmo said:
Sioux, ever heard of cognitive dissonance?
He thinks that makes him smart when in fact it just under utilizes our highest talent players.
Our highest talented, best paid players on Offense both set records this season!

Yep. 'Nobody was expecting that..'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts