ESPN article on Wilson

Hyak

Reaction score
http://www.espn.com/blog/seattle-se...sons-focus-will-be-on-regaining-his-2015-form

"I think what you saw the second half of the year before, I think he has the ability to be the best quarterback out there, doing his thing," Carroll said. "And he showed it. Unfortunately, in Game 1 [of 2016], he gets knocked. He has put together an extraordinary offseason. He took the physical challenge that we throw out there to have the best offseason of your life. He is having that. He is working in all areas of his game. It’s really important to him. He’s maxed that out. He’s right on it."

"He looks great throwing the football," Carroll said. "He looks great moving around. It just feels so much different than it did for so long of that season. Never during that season last year did we see him in practice where he could move. Never. So he mustered it up for game time. The last five or six games, [he] could move. But it isn’t like it is now. So we’ve got to take care of him, look after him, and have tremendous expectations for Russell’s performance next year."

Seymour

Reaction score
"The last five or six games, [he] could move. But it isn’t like it is now. So we’ve got to take care of him, look after him, and have tremendous expectations for Russell’s performance next year."

WORD

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He's one of the best QB's in football, I expect him to be money, especially if they actually block for him :2thumbs:

OP
OP
Hyak

Hyak

Reaction score
Look at what they have done this offseason via FA and the draft:

3 additions on the OL to improve competition/depth
Adding Lacy to the RB mix
Reinforcements for defensive depth

All should help Wilson beyond his health.

mikeak

Reaction score
What amazed me watching him play for NC State is that every offseason would be spent playing baseball and yet somehow he would return from that, get on the field to play football and he was significantly better than the season prior....

I now expect RW to come back every season better than the last one

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Pete doing his positive spin thing, but that doesn't mean there isn't a lot of truth to it.

RW works hard. Last off season he just didn't work smart and came in too bulky.

Footage of him recently shows a leaner/faster RW and that's what his style of QB game demands. Add some even just decent blocking and a halfway competent run game and he can tear it up in '17.

Even if he is too short...

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, that whole "changing the offseason workout regimen to avoid injury in the future" thing sure didn't seem very successful... Hopefully RW fired that guy.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Even an immobile and injured Wilson managed to pass for 4,000 yards, the only QB to do that in franchise history (twice).

Hopefully he can make it through this season healthy. It would be great to see him in the MVP discussion

Hawks46

Reaction score
GeekHawk":tbuarbrg said:
Yeah, that whole "changing the offseason workout regimen to avoid injury in the future" thing sure didn't seem very successful... Hopefully RW fired that guy.

I hope not. They did some different flexibility training and worked on his lower body. His trainer and others actually came out and said that was what saved his knee when he got injured in the 49er game.

I've seen players with less knee bend be out for half a season or more with serious ligament tears. While bulking up wasn't the answer, whatever he did for lower body workouts saved his season.

It's not like him going slimmer would've avoided most of the hits he took behind that OL.....

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Hawks46":3fkztytj said:
GeekHawk":3fkztytj said:

I hope not. They did some different flexibility training and worked on his lower body. His trainer and others actually came out and said that was what saved his knee when he got injured in the 49er game.

I've seen players with less knee bend be out for half a season or more with serious ligament tears. While bulking up wasn't the answer, whatever he did for lower body workouts saved his season.

It's not like him going slimmer would've avoided most of the hits he took behind that OL.....

That and the first injury was Suh stepping directly on his heel causing his foot to bend awkwardly. Not sure how "that guy" can prevent that from happening. Him not missing any time is probably a testament to that regimen, not an indictment.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Does anyone have two side by side photos of Russel at OTA's last year and this? We all say he was fatter last year, but my memory of the pics posted looked like he was wearing a flak jacket of some kind, where as this years it was just the red shirt.