How did Odhiambo do?

StoneCold

Reaction score
I didn't see the game, but I speculate he did OK due to the lack of sky is falling posts.

Amirite?

HawkFan72

Reaction score
He did really well. Wilson had a pretty clean pocket most of the game. Odhiambo gave up one really bad sack, but they said after the game that was due to a miscommunication that shouldn't happen again.

Polk738

Reaction score
I was actually really surprised by the amount of time Russ was having to throw the ball, like they said he gave up a sack but overall he had a pretty good game, Russ had another 200 yard half with a TD so the stats don't lie

OP
OP
S

StoneCold

Reaction score
Excellent. I meant to record, but our house exterior is being painted and when I got home they'd made some real progress and all I did was wander around, drink a beer and check it out. Totally forgot about the game until the 3rd quarter. Guess I'm not a real fan. :)

Great to hear he held his own. Did Tobin get any time? If so, how'd he look?

sdog1981

Reaction score
He was good for the most part. The one sack given up was on him and he whiffed pretty bad and the line man was able to run free.

RW92

Reaction score
I guess I need to give the young man his props. He played better than I thought he would. Keep lifting weights my friend and get even stronger. As far as I could see he only missed that one block.

RussB

Reaction score
Better than fant thats for sure, i dont get why everyone on here is so in love with fant he is terrible. I saw rees hold blocks well and looked quick too mirroring the rusher and keeping him away from wilson when fant would just get blown by.

I like rees at LT he seems solid so far but its just preseason.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Encouraging. But it's preseason and everything is pretty vanilla. Remember last preseason everything looked pretty good and then once real scheming and gameplanning started in the regular season it kind of fell apart.

At least it didn't look like a disaster. And that gives more hope going in than if it was a dumpster fire. To me the performance was like saving par. Could have been worse.

I'd go with cautiously optimistic at this point. Good thing is, with @GB, SF, @TEN and IND -- it's not like we're facing a murderers row of DL talent to start the season. So it's hopeful that we get some valuable experience and hopefully confidence heading into week 5 @RAMS. We go from easy to really hard with @LA, @NYG and HOU. Those fronts are 3 of the top 10 in the league.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":w8el2uf2 said:
Encouraging. But it's preseason and everything is pretty vanilla. Remember last preseason everything looked pretty good and then once real scheming and gameplanning started in the regular season it kind of fell apart.

At least it didn't look like a disaster. And that gives more hope going in than if it was a dumpster fire. To me the performance was like saving par. Could have been worse.

I'd go with cautiously optimistic at this point. Good thing is, with @GB, SF, @TEN and IND -- it's not like we're facing a murderers row of DL talent to start the season. So it's hopeful that we get some valuable experience and hopefully confidence heading into week 5 @RAMS. We go from easy to really hard with @LA, @NYG and HOU. Those fronts are 3 of the top 10 in the league.

Agreed. I watched last night's game, but wasn't able to study what was happening as closely as I'd normally like to (it's difficult to do when I have 3 young boys doing their thing) at the same time.

Still, from the little I was able to pay attention to ... it appeared to me that overall, Odhiambo did fine. Neither he nor the entire OL looked DOMINANT by any means ... but I'd say that (against a KC Front that is very, very good) ... they held their own. And that in and of itself is saying something. No, it wasn't a dumpster fire like last year by any means.

Like you, I'm going with cautiously optimistic because you are exactly right. This is the Preseason, where offenses and defenses are really vanilla for the most part. You don't see a whole lot of stunts or schemes that are designed to confuse offenses. Those first few games of the regular season bode well for us, as IMO it'll give this group a little bit of time to work together ... to learn each other's tendencies, improve as a unit, and gain some experience before going up against that Rams killer D-Line in Week 5.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
xStickybudz":3ogz7cbg said:
Played a really good game
Your name is funny, bud! It reminds me of the Jai Thai comedy where I will be tonight.

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Having Joekel next to him will help the kid. That's why they popped for the veteran.

Seymour

Reaction score
Odhi looked better than Ifedi. As a group, the Oline looked much improved over last season. The biggest issue was the amount of holding calls. At least 3 possibly more. The entire ref crew was pretty damn whistle happy anyway, so not sure about dinging them for that anyway.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
One thing that really stuck out IMO was the ability of the offensive to create passing pockets. I do not remember the last time the Oline was able to do that.

I disagree that the Oline looked good in preseason last year. The past 2 years this group has been in absolute chaos in the preseason and that carried into the regular season so this is encouraging and Odhiambo did look like a better overall Tackle than Fant.

NewJerseyHawk

Reaction score
I'd like to see Pocic at RG next to Ifedi, I think Pocic is more mature and understanding of assignment football.....I would do this before writing Ifedi off, but I'm pretty close to placing him in the Johnathan Cooper, DJ Fluker category as a complete whiff.......I am concerned more with Ifedi than Rees right now....

I am really hoping the line is Rees, Joeckel, Britt, Tobin and Pocic....that's the safest and most cohesive unit we can expect with reps to grind things out and eliminate the silly false starts and push in the run game, more than pass protection........the other option is Rees, Joeckel, Britt, Aboushi and Pocic....let Tobin back up Rees at LT....

sutz

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":3ny45jtq said:
One thing that really stuck out IMO was the ability of the offensive to create passing pockets. I do not remember the last time the Oline was able to do that.

I disagree that the Oline looked good in preseason last year. The past 2 years this group has been in absolute chaos in the preseason and that carried into the regular season so this is encouraging and Odhiambo did look like a better overall Tackle than Fant.
I have to agree that this year looks a lot less like the dumpster fire it was last year. But hey, it should. It's mostly the same guys with experience. ;)

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
FWIW I remember Rees having a much better PFF than the rest of our line when he did play last year. I also thought he looked good when he was in there.

I thought he played poorly last week so it's good to see he has shown improvement after having a game under his belt.