Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Earl Thomas NFC defensive player of the week

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • Great game Earl, and congrats on the honors. So much for those that thought you looked "slow" early in the year. :2thumbs:

In the NFC, Earl Thomas picked up Defensive Player of the Week honors for his huge game in the Seahawks' 16-10 win over the Los Angeles Rams. Arguably the league's top safety piled up seven tackles, an interception and forced a fumble on Todd Gurley at the goal line that turned a touchdown into a touchback.
    \

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000859999/article/aaron-rodgers-earl-thomas-among-players-of-week
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• Well deserved IMO.

DBU
    ITS A GREAT TIME TO BE A SEAHAWK FAN !
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

• Thomas played lights out and has been having a really good season. This defense is on a completely different level when he's on the field

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• kidhawk wrote:Thomas played lights out and has been having a really good season. This defense is on a completely different level when he's on the field

Agree. And if Thomas doesn't make that play 1 inch before the foot is out of bounds, things would look very different for this team. Earl also helped bring 2 weeks "peace" to this site. 8)
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• Seymour wrote:
    kidhawk wrote:Thomas played lights out and has been having a really good season. This defense is on a completely different level when he's on the field

Agree. And if Thomas doesn't make that play 1 inch before the foot is out of bounds, things would look very different for this team. Earl also helped bring 2 weeks "peace" to this site. 8)

I'm not so sure about peace, but at least a slight decrease in negativity perhaps :irishdrinkers:

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• Earl is a bad man. He looked like a Madden video game player out there. Amazing.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Rookie

• "It's Dragon Time!"

"God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

http://ivotuk.com/
    ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *

• Yes ETIII is what makes this defense work. Between his energy, intensity, speed and playmaking ability, it all works to make him the best safety in the game. He's reminding everyone this year that he's still the gold standard.

Glad he got the award this week. Hope we get a few more of these in coming weeks.
    Mad Dog
    NET Rookie

• ET is
    RRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!
    Heyseed
    NET Starter

• Earl definitely deserved it but I bet Richardson was a close 2nd in the voting.
    Go Hawks!
    oldhawkfan
    NET Veteran

• Seymour wrote:

Most of us agree that it was a "game changer" play........imagine us with a record of 2-3?? Where would this team be without Earl?
    Proud Member of the .Net Old Farts Society
    Bigpumpkin
    NET Veteran

• Rightfully so. Without his chopped ball to the pylon, this game probably is much different.
    Sparkchaser737
    NET Rookie

• Watching ET on a run play is amazing. 21 players all moving and Earl is like a missile from his FS position navigating through traffic, on a direct line to the ball handler, at full speed. He has an innate ability to know where every person will be at every instant and runs on a line to avoid everyone else until he collides with the runner.
    HawkerD
    NET Starter

• Earl deserves the honor, IMO he's had the best start to a season in his professional career. He just looks like he's hit his prime physically, and more importantly, mentally. Pretty impressive given how his season ended last year.
    "Our Quarterback is a Bad Man!" - Michael Robinson
    Foghawk
    NET Veteran

• Well deserved. Warrior.

There are three certainties in life. Death, taxes and the perpetual shuffling of the Seattle Seahawks offensive line.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Congrats Earl!
    L.O.B.
    raisethe3
    NET Starter

• Well deserved, we would obviously have lost wothout him.
    ballard1951
    NET Practice Squad

• I was worried he had bulked up too much but he has been playing strong.

The heartbeat of the D.
    semiahmoo
    NET Veteran

• That's awesome. Even more impressive coming back from that devastating injury. He's such a fun player to watch
    semiahmoo wrote:I'll say it again - this is Pete's last season in Seattle if the teams doesn't make a legit hard run deep into the playoffs.
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

• Jerhawk wrote:That's awesome. Even more impressive coming back from that devastating injury. He's such a fun player to watch

I was going to say, he’s on his way to earning Comeback Player of the Year honors.
    HAWKAMANIA
    NET Veteran

• Kudos Earl! Well earned!

The best instincts in the game of any player, bar none.
    West TX Hawk
    NET Veteran

• Earl is savage.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• One of my all time faves.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Bench Warmer

• I heard a pretty sad fact about Earl, the LOB and the defensive player of the week award. Since Pete has been here, the LOB has won the award 7 times. 4 Sherman, 2 Kam, and that was the very first time in 7 years Earl won it. :x

I don't know who votes / decides this, but that sounds like a load of crap to me.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• Seymour wrote:I heard a pretty sad fact about Earl, the LOB and the defensive player of the week award. Since Pete has been here, the LOB has won the award 7 times. 4 Sherman, 2 Kam, and that was the very first time in 7 years Earl won it. :x

I don't know who votes / decides this, but that sounds like a load of crap to me.

I heard that on KJR and couldn't believe it. Earl in my opinion is the best of the bunch.
    tc06067
    NET Bench Warmer

• Seymour wrote:
    kidhawk wrote:Thomas played lights out and has been having a really good season. This defense is on a completely different level when he's on the field

Thomas turned Gurley into Girlie.... it was also refreshing to watch the rest of the Seahawks Defense put the cork in his ass for the rest of that game.
    Maybe TG will moll it over in his mind to NOT shoot his pregame taunts at the Seahawks Run Defense again, eh? :stirthepot:
    The Rams were counting on Gurley to run all over the Seahawks, like he did in all the games leading up to that point.
    Goff wasn't near as affective without TG......Thank You ET.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

• Just another well-deserved honor on his way to the HOF.
    PlinytheCenter
    NET Veteran

• He's the best safety in the NFL. Only other comparable was Ed Reed and he's a lock into the HOF as well. Shame he doesn't get the love he deserves.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

• WELL DONE EARL!!!!!!! well deserved!

JUST IN CASE YOU EVER READ THESE PAGES: I want you to know how much you mean to me and my football family? You explemify all the attributes that a HALL OF FAME Safety should have- no man walks in your shoes ET, I was so amazed to see you work yhour way back from last years terrible injury. I know what you are thinking: IF you are to finish, it will be YOUR way as the ONLY way, and that would be AFTER a Super Bowl winning party!!!!! It should be your third.

Please do it YOUR way Earl, to get us where we need to be!!!!

We love and respect you Earl!
    Marlin Man
    NET Starter

• There were doubts last year, among the league, that he was still the best FS in football, but there really isn't any doubt anymore. ET's knack for laying the hits/jarring the ball loose at critical moments of a game is clutch.
    Ilinoiseyhawk
    NET Bench Warmer

• PlinytheCenter wrote:Just another well-deserved honor on his way to the HOF.

Locking himself in as first ballot too, IMO.
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:43 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information