Congratulations Seahawks Fans- Hard Hitting Defense you have

BlueClue

Reaction score
:greetingsearthling:

I dont know why our offense went so conservative. It became obvious early on the run game wasnt going
to work this week

Why Rudolph was not used more was disappointing and the Giants did not stretch the field but one or twice. They brouht in no help at WR .....I guess they threw in the towel

Two plays could have changed the game that went south on us.....The Engram out out of bounds play on the 50 yd reversal .........refs were not our friends today

but the contested football in the end zone with Collins that Collins came away with...was in my opinion a bad call......Collins seemed to have more possession but what the heck- our season is effectively over now

to expect 8 or 9 wins out of 9 chances is practically impossible

Good luck the rest of the way......You guys have a tough D as advertised.

Ours isnt bad either but the playcalling for our offense was pretty limited..........we should have gone no huddle early and no huddle all day.....not like our 3 and outs were keeping the defense fresh anyway

At some point we have to be considering a total renewal- MacAdoo and Reese need to go, Maybe trade Eli to a team with a shot.

In Giants land though, change is avoided like the plague

nanomoz

Reaction score
There's no such thing as "more possession." That's not in the rule book. Going back to the Fail Mary, people don't understand that. According to the rule book, that's a touchdown.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Yeah, by rule that's an easy call. Touchdown for offense 100%. Would've been one for NY too.

Big props to come back and offer congratulations.

OP
OP
B

BlueClue

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":gvnxofdu said:
Yeah, by rule that's an easy call. Touchdown for offense 100%. Would've been one for NY too.

Yeah George

It was such an easy call the refs stared at the players for an eternity then one raises the arms and the other parrots him

such an easy call......the problem was the WR did not maintain possession to the ground. He was bobbling it.

by that time Collins had clearly gotten possession, your guys just had a hand on it. and Collins came away with the ball

I understand your perspective though

Hey you guys are in a good position now......GB lost their golden boy

Only Philadelphia stands in your way now.......I dont think you can beat them it will be a fun game to watch We will all enjoy watching- I have direct TV - I'll watch.

2_0_6

Reaction score
BlueClue":qatx424m said:
Maelstrom787":qatx424m said:

Yeah George

It was such an easy call the refs stared at the players for an eternity then one raises the arms and the other parrots him

such an easy call......the problem was the WR did not maintain possession to the ground. He was bobbling it.

by that time Collins had clearly gotten possession, your guys just had a hand on it. and Collins came away with the ball

Only Philadelphia stands in your way now.......I dont think you can beat them it will be a fun game to watch We will all enjoy watching- I have direct TV - I'll watch.

If this play would have originally been called and INT, it would have stood. BUT since it was called a TD originally, that's how it stood.

Go Hawks

OP
OP
B

BlueClue

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":141box04 said:
BlueClue":141box04 said:
Maelstrom787":141box04 said:

Yeah George

If this play would have originally been called and INT, it would have stood. BUT since it was called a TD originally, that's how it stood.

Go Hawks

Although there is no rule for it......it should have been replayed due to total indecisiveness

Seymour

Reaction score
Corrections. 2 plays would not have changed the game. At least not for long.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
BlueClue":1yvohypi said:
Maelstrom787":1yvohypi said:

Yeah George

By the time Collins wrestled it away from him, the score had already happened.

And do you think it mattered? You guys held on in the 1st half, you did what you had to do. But a big part of that was the fumble that setup the short field for your score, our guys had a case of the dropsies, and remember that TD that was taken off the board because of the phantom OPI on Lockett?

It was only a matter of time.

OP
OP
B

BlueClue

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":3o6j1ar1 said:
BlueClue":3o6j1ar1 said:
Maelstrom787":3o6j1ar1 said:

Yeah George

And do you think it mattered? You guys held on in the 1st half, you did what you had to do. But a big part of that was the fumble that setup the short field for your score, our guys had a case of the dropsies, and remember that TD that was taken off the board because of the phantom OPI on Lockett?

Story of our season we are in it til the end then the bottom falls out

its been a season of loss of the time of possession battle.......no sustained offense

OP
OP
B

BlueClue

Reaction score
BlueClue":y0ua39by said:
twisted_steel2":y0ua39by said:
BlueClue":y0ua39by said:
Maelstrom787":y0ua39by said:

Yeah George

Story of our season we are in it til the end then the bottom falls out

its been a season of loss of the time of possession battle.......no sustained offense

Defense eventually gets gassed

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Seattle isn't the only team that should be complaining about the OC. The Giants' play calling was terrible. About four or five times on third and long the Giants dialed up a play with wayyyyy too many routes that came up short of the first. No logic to those play calls as they never had a chance of success. I know NY is hamstrung by injuries at WR and on the OL, but at least play with some sense. Either trust the players you have or there's no point to have them on the roster.

aawolf

Reaction score
I think BlueClue knows who won the game in every category, but the Giants are not without bright spots and hope for the future. No team, even the Seahawks, comes away from losing their whole receiving corps and expect to win many games. I was impressed with their defense though, especially Landon Collins, who is the truth. He's Cam Chancellor 2.0. The defense battled pretty hard before the game got out of hand. I'd trade Eli for sure if I'm the Giants and start over with the offense.

Seafan

Reaction score
BlueClue":311lybkl said:
:greetingsearthling:

but the contested football in the end zone with Collins that Collins came away with...was in my opinion a bad call......Collins seemed to have more possession but what the heck- our season is effectively over now

After the play is over the safety is welcome to take the ball. It will never affect the play. Just like after the game, Who takes the ball home has no bearing on who won the game.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
It doesn't even matter if he has only one hand on the ball. If he's gripping the ball with that one hand, and the defender isn't able to rip it away from that one hand, it's a simultaneous catch which goes in favor of the offense. Yesterday's call was correct. The Fail Mary was correct. It shouldn't be that hard of a concept to understand.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Fussing about the simultaneous possession is the height of homerism. You can clearly see the receiver and dB had both hands on the ball when they hit the ground. At no point do you see Richardson without both hands on the ball through the process. So it’s impossible to call it anything but a TD.

If it had been ruled an INT, it would have been overturned by rule. But a legion of NFL fans still believe the Fail Mary was a pick, despite the NFL saying multiple times it was a TD by rule. Some fans do not know the rules well enough.

And the illegal touching was the right call as well. Complaining about refs getting calls right is weak. We had a Lockett TD reversed by a ticky tack OPI. We had 15 flags. Refs were too much in the game both ways, but in no way did they favor one team.

Your team was conservative because they were playing two guys named Earl Thomas and Richard Sherman. Nobody passes deep on us. Last time Eli tried that he threw 4 picks. Pretty sure he and McAdoo remember that.

It’s nice you had faith in your team, but the Legion of Boom is real. You saw it yesterday. Don’t doubt it again.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The tie ALWAYS goes to the receiver, period.