Texans Game Who's Going?

kidhawk

Reaction score
I haven't been to a game for several years now, but everything lined up well for me this year and although I don't get any extra time I'll be flying down and back Sunday for this one. Who else will be there?

Section 123 | Row X | Seat 6

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Section 126 Row FF Seats 5 and 6. See ya at Temple my friend!!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
kidhawk":34w34n8s said:
I haven't been to a game for several years now, but everything lined up well for me this year and although I don't get any extra time I'll be flying down and back Sunday for this one. Who else will be there?

Section 123 | Row X | Seat 6
Nice. Have fun! :2thumbs:

Joshoeuh

Reaction score
Coming from Kentucky to see my very first 'Hawks game. Been a lifelong fan, and always said my first game had to be at home. My wife booked us a trip for my 30th birthday. Our seats are pretty bad (341, I think) but I'll be there cheering them on!

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Joshoeuh":20vryulw said:
Coming from Kentucky to see my very first 'Hawks game. Been a lifelong fan, and always said my first game had to be at home. My wife booked us a trip for my 30th birthday. Our seats are pretty bad (341, I think) but I'll be there cheering them on!

I've sat in the 300s before and I don't think there's really a bad seat in the place

RW92

Reaction score
Aros":2h7ni9hf said:
Section 126 Row FF Seats 5 and 6. See ya at Temple my friend!!

Hey keep the spirit going. I never had so much fun at a game. Cheer hard and loud. We are going to the playoffs.

Joshoeuh

Reaction score
kidhawk":2t7mkuqf said:
Joshoeuh":2t7mkuqf said:

I've sat in the 300s before and I don't think there's really a bad seat in the place

Good to know. Other than "LOUD!", I have no idea what to expect.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I think we're going to be there if my work schedule holds up.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Will be there loud and proud, Section 319, Row A. Doing the Husky/Hawks double dip. Should be a hell of a weekend.

pmedic920

Reaction score
I’m so Jelly.

This is the Home game that I’d so love to make.

Spring Wedding for the daughter has the bank account’s attention.

Anyway, y’all tip one for me, I’ll be there in spirit.

Be Safe ya bastards.

:{)

Edit: sucks that y’all won’t get to see JJ in person, he really does elevate the whole game. He’s truly a wonder to behold IMO.
Having said that, I’m glad he won’t get any shots on our guy. I’m not sure we’d get the “ W”if he was playing, w/o him I think our chances are good.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Joshoeuh":1scee0hr said:
kidhawk":1scee0hr said:
Joshoeuh":1scee0hr said:

Good to know. Other than "LOUD!", I have no idea what to expect.

Here are the following we always keep in our stadium bag (I keep enough for about 20 people and often times that is depleted in a game or two):

1. Earplugs
2. Advil
3. Cepocol

Take Advil as you're getting into the stadium. It'll kick in about the time of the national anthem. Pass them out like candy.

Cepocol, take 2 or three when you get into your seats.

Water. If you're getting beer in the stadium, get some water too. Water with Cepocol helps lubricate the throat nicely. Beer works too, but the lozenge really ruins the taste of the beer.

This way, you'll help keep your voice from cracking and be able to keep full on yelling deep into the game. Lousy earplugs work great. Enough that you can hear but muffles the din of the crowd just enough.

Too many times, I see new faces who by the second half don't have a voice anymore. And the combination of noise and yelling can lead to headaches. The impulse in that environment is going to be to yell your guts out. Fans crack quickly if they don't take precautions.

If you're not used to stressing your voice, start the first quarter at about 60%. Low frequency. That often helps to loosen the voice. Don't worry about not giving it your all. There are plenty of others there that are going all out early.

Standing:

Probably different depending on section. Our section stands on defense. Sometimes you'll see people that don't want to stand. The people in the several rows in front of us don't stand. Probably think we're obnoxious in the rows behind them. Gauge it appropriately.

Oven mitt guy:

He's the TV timeout indicator. If you're going to make noise that has impact, you can't start yelling when the team gets to the line. You have to be in full roar when they're in the huddle. And getting to the line. And trying to bark out signals. Don't be that fan that yells too late. If in doubt just yell the entire time the defense is out there. Even in between plays.

Watching the orange oven mitt dude (he's stationed at the NW corner of the field by where the old replay booth was), is a good indicator of when to get loud. We get full roar before the huddle comes together. Because why not?

Those are general tips that we've arrived at over the years. I'm sure there are other methods fans use for keeping their noise groove on.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I'll echo no bad seats. I'm in 303 row E so right on the walkway, but I've had HH and further back.

Up side of being up there is you're protected from the elements, wind and rain won't bother you much and you can see the field just fine.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Everybody advised me to wear ear plugs when I went a few years ago, but they really werent needed. It wasnt as loud as I thought it was going to be. I agree that there isnt a bad seat in the house. I love that stadium. Watch the Blud Thunder before and after the game in front of the stadium to really get you going.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Heck with a bunch of “hawk rules”

Tear the bottom out of your first drink cup, use it as a megaphone and GET LOUD.

Just go with the flow and have a blast.

Cheers
:{)

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
pittpnthrs":sx2223d6 said:
Everybody advised me to wear ear plugs when I went a few years ago, but they really werent needed. It wasnt as loud as I thought it was going to be.

It is always loud at the CLink but it hasn't been LOUD like we are known for these past few years. Complacency, weak opponents, etc...Nothing could replace the loudness of that stadium 2012-2014. My lord. It would get so loud at times your teeth would rattle.