Amara Darboh

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Wasn't as high on him as some here were when we drafted him but he is really starting to grow on me. He had two receptions for 29 yards against the Giants, a 14 yarder and a 16 yarder. Like how he has been slowly integrated into these games and he seems to be taking advantage of the time he has been getting. Looking forward to seeing how this guy progresses.

Amara Darboh 14 yard 1st down catch

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I've been underwhelmed with him to be honest. I was hoping he would find the field more than he does and be a bigger contributor. All he's doing is making a catch here and there and not much else. Hopefully he springs up in the near future.

sutz

Reaction score
Funny, but here we go again. WR is another position where it is not unusual for players to take a while to learn how to play at the pro level. It's getting better in some ways, since colleges are so pass-happy. But one thing won't be instantaneous, and that is the rapport between a QB and his receivers. That takes time and reps, in practice and in games. Since our WR corps is in decent shape with Baldy, PRich, and Lockett, if it takes Darboh a while to contribute big time, I think we can afford it. Hell, if we start giving him 10 targets a game, he might hit a rookie wall around next month.

Sorry if you drafted him in your Fantasy League, but those are the chances you take. :mrgreen:

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Seems like he's made the most of his limited targets.

Maybe not making the splashes Lockett did as a rookie, but he seems to doing what is expected. He's made a few nice grabs...

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
I don't see many opportunities for him with Baldwin, Prich, Lockett, Graham. I think he will be a more prominent factor next year.

The Breh

Reaction score
What are his catches/targets ?
I can't imagine he's getting a lot of targets so his productivity can't all be on him.
There's a few guys we expect to see get the ball more than others and Lockett was a special, versatile talent we hadn't had since Percy.
With McEvoy and Vannett getting some burn too, Darboh will find his way.
It's a long season fellers.

sutz

Reaction score
The Breh":kxsqek6l said:
I can't imagine he's getting a lot of targets so his productivity can't all be on him.
There's a few guys we expect to see get the ball more than others and Lockett was a special, versatile talent we hadn't had since Percy.
I don't know the actual numbers, but I don't remember him having any really stupid looking drops. He seems to catch what is thrown his way and within his radius.

I said it above, Darboh was drafted into a receiver corps that was not that bad off, talent wise. The guy seems to have tremendous up-side. I expect he'll continue to get more chances. That's kind of how Pete works.

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
The Breh":pikx2odx said:

Agreed. I'm down with McEvoy. I dont know whats up right now with him, but he was money, made things happen last year. I would NOT let him go anywhere.

OP
OP
seahawkfreak

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Lockett was an absolute stud in college but I wasn't sure how the transition to the NFL would be. When we drafted him, where we did, I had nothing but high expectations from him and for the most part, he has not disappointed.

I didn't see anything spectacular from Darboh in college. When we drafted him I thought, well let's see what he can do. Maybe since I had low expectation for him and since he has cashed in on his limited opportunities, this is probably why I like what he has done so far. Guess perspective is key here.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2bhemes5 said:
I've been underwhelmed with him to be honest. I was hoping he would find the field more than he does and be a bigger contributor. All he's doing is making a catch here and there and not much else. Hopefully he springs up in the near future.

Expectations for a rookie receiver?

I guess with guys like Lockett and Baldwin, its hard to remember the rookie seasons of Golden Tate, P-Rich or Jermaine Kearse.

When he gets on the field he runs good routes, catches in traffic and hasn't had ignominious drops. I think that's pretty successful for a rookie that missed a lot of time in training camp due to injury.

hawxfreak

Reaction score
Remember how long it took tate to catch on ? When he did , he became a much more dangerous receiver and I think he looked good given the limited snaps

Josea16

Reaction score
Darboh is doing nicely for rookie WR. Probably better then expected from anybody not my favourite player which is obviously Lockett with no E.

Seafan

Reaction score
LOL talking about being underutilized as a rookie WR. How many think Lockett, Richardson, Graham and Baldwin are underutilized THIS season? What's the common factor?

Josea16

Reaction score
Seafan":12h8ozzk said:
LOL talking about being underutilized as a rookie WR. How many think Lockett, Richardson, Graham and Baldwin are underutilized THIS season? What's the common factor?
You tell me given Lockett was my adopt a rookie in a past life(I live in Missouri and watched every game he played in 2015)...and I never questioned that Richardson was a stud because he was/is when healthy. Baldwin? I never knew because I quit watching the Seahawks during 2008-2010.

I will pull for my team if they're crap like Cleveland. But I won't watch the trainwreck up close.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Mad Dog":37mu1l4k said:

I guess with guys like Lockett and Baldwin, its hard to remember the rookie seasons of Golden Tate, P-Rich or Jermaine Kearse.

When he gets on the field he runs good routes, catches in traffic and hasn't had ignominious drops. I think that's pretty successful for a rookie that missed a lot of time in training camp due to injury.

THIS. FTW. Nailed it.

I've been super happy with Darboh and his progress. It looks like he can block too. I recall Tate sucked his first year, and didn't do much his second year either. Third year, Tate lit it up. I'm just hoping for Darboh to step up big the last month of the season plus the postseason, team record willing.

Josea16

Reaction score
olyfan63":2j417d0c said:
Mad Dog":2j417d0c said:

THIS. FTW. Nailed it.

I've been super happy with Darboh and his progress. It looks like he can block too. I recall Tate sucked his first year, and didn't do much his second year either. Third year, Tate lit it up. I'm just hoping for Darboh to step up big the last month of the season plus the postseason, team record willing.
Step up? Geez, obviously he's doing all the offscreen stuff and Russ is already using him as an outlet receiver.

It's absolutely insane what people expect out of a wide receiver not picked in the top 5. Darboh is doing great especially for where we picked him.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Mad Dog":113jt2v1 said:
pittpnthrs":113jt2v1 said:

He's caught 5 passes all season. I was hoping they would use and target him more in the redzone since he's a bigger receiver, but this is the Seahawks we're talking about. I know, I should have known better.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2hgidikk said:
Mad Dog":2hgidikk said:
pittpnthrs":2hgidikk said:

He's caught 5 passes all season. I was hoping they would use and target him more in the redzone since he's a bigger receiver, but this is the Seahawks we're talking about. I know, I should have known better.

I'm not sure I want a rookie as the go to Redzone threat. We are really in trouble then.

He's on pace for about 18 receptions this season, barring injury. But we know at some point P-Rich or Lockett will get hurt and he'll have to step up. Judge him then. 4th string WR's aren't going to touch the ball much whether they are rookies or not.

mikeak

Reaction score
Mad Dog":4re29q1w said:
pittpnthrs":4re29q1w said:

Add to this that his QB was in trouble in the Giants game and he had the awareness to run back to make himself a target and he surely got the ball and the catch.

Those things will build a trust from the QB and then he starts looking more his way (when he is on the field). Like that is a safety blanket I can depend on doing the right thing

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Darboh will either go the direction of Tate, or the direction of Chris Harper. Let's hope he continues to progress and learn the system