The Philly game

Crizilla

Reaction score
I hope Philly gets here with only 1 loss still. I sense a beat down similar to the saints game during our Superbowl year. Prime time at home. Complete domination.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
People telling you to worry about the Texans in 3.....2.....1...... :lol:

That's gonna' be a heck of a game, Philly is legit.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
It'll be a great game and a big test for both teams. Philly is loaded at WR/TE and then they have Blount to wear down defenses. Carson Wentz has experience playing at Clink too so that wouldn't be new to him. It should be a playoff atmosphere for that game.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Massive game, especially w/the possibility of a top seed down the road. Head to head could very well come in to play later.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Philly has a defense. They should be a very tough matchup.

I expect Seattle to be well into their late season surge by then. We should be playing very near our peak. We're in for a treat of a game win or lose.

Right now the teams that scare me are Minnesota and Philly in that order. I think we can take any other team even on their field as it stands right now. By that I mean no less than a pick em on the road. Obviously I expect us to lose some that we anticipate to be a win.

Houston could be that game. They've been putting up 30+ a game since Watson ascended to the starter role. But a lot of those points were in games that were decided losses in garbage time.

Also, you have to consider opposition:

Patriots: 23rd defense
Titans: 26th defense
Chiefs: 20th defense
Browns: 24th defense

Watson has been padding stats against the sisters of the poor this league has to offer on defense. And the manner in which those stats have come is equally compelling.

I am not going to be dazzled by the star wars numbers he's been putting up. This is a defense the likes he's never seen. In a venue that eats up opposing teams.

Against top 10 defenses, they've scored 7 and 13 points (Jacksonville #2, Cincy #7). This reeks of a come down to earth game for Houston.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
I expect the results will be similar to last year. Philly will lose and the hype surrounding Wentz will deflate. The RW era Seahawks tend to have that effect on teams, time and time again.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Crizilla":2d8c3xes said:
I hope Philly gets here with only 1 loss still. I sense a beat down similar to the saints game during our Superbowl year. Prime time at home. Complete domination.

I hope they get here with 5 losses.

Why would you want any team ahead of us in the NFC standings to have a better record than us? Means the margin of error for our remaining games is small to none.

Josea16

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":1gho57c6 said:

I expect Seattle to be well into their late season surge by then. We should be playing very near our peak. We're in for a treat of a game win or lose.

Right now the teams that scare me are Minnesota and Philly in that order. I think we can take any other team even on their field as it stands right now. By that I mean no less than a pick em on the road. Obviously I expect us to lose some that we anticipate to be a win.

Houston could be that game. They've been putting up 30+ a game since Watson ascended to the starter role. But a lot of those points were in games that were decided losses in garbage time.

Watson has been padding stats against the sisters of the poor this league has to offer on defense. And the manner in which those stats have come is equally compelling.

I am not going to be dazzled by the star wars numbers he's been putting up. This is a defense the likes he's never seen. In a venue that eats up opposing teams.

Against top 10 defenses, they've scored 7 and 13 points (Jacksonville #2, Cincy #7). This reeks of a come down to earth game for Houston.
Correct on all accounts though the team that has me wary is New Orleans.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":29nhd5ve said:

Having a hard time seeing how a Case Keenum led team can scare you.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
It's six weeks away. Not even worth thinking about right now.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Steve2222":jm2vqpp3 said:
Attyla the Hawk":jm2vqpp3 said:

Keenum beat the Seahawks while he was with the Rams last season.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
bmorepunk":8288eg96 said:

Suit yourself.

But why try to prevent others from talking about it?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
bmorepunk":1i7l9hg0 said:

It's OK, you're not on the team. You can talk about things, and it won't even affect the games. You don't have to take one game at a time or nothin'!

flmmkrz

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to this weeks game but I've got the philly game circled as well. My good friend is a rabid eagles fan and he's been unbearable this season, Wentz is our Rodgers, he's already a top 5 qb and way better than Russ, he'll be the best in the league in no time. The Wentz hype machine is in full force. He's legit, he's a very good qb but let's not anoint him yet. Nothing like some defense to feed Philly fans some humble pie with their cheesesteaks.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Carson Wentz has a lot of weapons - Sproles, Nelson A, Torrey Smith, Alshon J, Ertz, Celek, and Blount. He did lose his starting LT this past Sunday so maybe there's some impact there but they are a stout offense with a lot of weapons. On D, their DL might be the best in all of NFL; they are playing the best right now.

Steve2222

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2xityfun said:
Steve2222":2xityfun said:
Attyla the Hawk":2xityfun said:

Keenum beat the Seahawks while he was with the Rams last season.

Nah, Jeff Fisher outfoxed Pete like he always did

adeltaY

Reaction score
Steve2222":1j3c3te5 said:
Nah, Jeff Fisher outfoxed Pete like he always did

Well, Keenum did throw a dime to Kenny Britt who burned Richard Sherman on a straight go route for a TD..... what a weird game

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3hlt7fx1 said:
Crizilla":3hlt7fx1 said:

I hope they get here with 5 losses.

Why would you want any team ahead of us in the NFC standings to have a better record than us? Means the margin of error for our remaining games is small to none.
This.