Pocic to Start on Sunday

kidhawk

Reaction score
Pete said in his press conference today that if Britt plays then Pocic would start at Left Guard. Obviously if Britt doesn't play then Pocic pays center. Britt is listed as questionable which is the closest listing to being able to play, so that coupled with they had Pocic at Guard at practice Friday is a good sign for Britt playing.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
They really should just bring up Hunt, if Britt cant go play Hunt at center and Pocic at LG. Id rather have Hunt play than Glowinski.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":3lrf7ffn said:
They really should just bring up Hunt, if Britt cant go play Hunt at center and Pocic at LG. Id rather have Hunt play than Glowinski.

Glow wasn't that bad against the Giants. I think his natural position is left guard. Some people definitely have a superior side.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":2ov28qay said:

Glowinski wasn't horrible when he was in during the Giants game. With that said, I'm happy to hear that Pocic is getting to start this week no matter what. He is inexperienced but has skills, and he won't become the lineman we need him to be without real playing time. He's getting that now, and I like to see that for the future and for the present

LolaRox

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":2qbkxozn said:

Wouldn't they have to cut someone from the 53 to bring up Hunt? Who would cut to bring Hunt up for 1 game?

A-Dog

Reaction score
Interesting

I wonder what happens when Joekel comes back... will Pocic shift over to RG and displace Aboushi?

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
LolaRox":6xyljj2g said:
XxXdragonXxX":6xyljj2g said:

Wouldn't they have to cut someone from the 53 to bring up Hunt? Who would cut to bring Hunt up for 1 game?

When you activate from the practice squad it's a minimum of 3 games

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Still surprised it took to our 7th game and multiple injuries for Pete/Cable to finally give him a serious look. Hope he shows a lot of promise Sun. I'm betting he does.

LolaRox

Reaction score
kidhawk":1g7h87jp said:
LolaRox":1g7h87jp said:
XxXdragonXxX":1g7h87jp said:

I don't know if that is true. I think their salary is guaranteed for 3 weeks not that they have to be on the active roster for 3 games.

Either way... I only meant that Hunt would only be playing for 1 game (assuming Britt's injury doesn't linger). If they activate Joey they risk losing a another, more valuable, player to essentially use him in 1 game.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Lola is right on the PS question, as far as money and the time up. Hunt could be waived on Monday to be brought back to the PS on Tuesday. He 'd be paid as if on the 53 for 3 weeks though.

However, I have confidence in Coach Cable's assessment of whether or not Hunt needs to be brought up.

I rather suspect not.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
LolaRox":j3pembds said:
kidhawk":j3pembds said:
LolaRox":j3pembds said:
XxXdragonXxX":j3pembds said:

I don't know if that is true. I think their salary is guaranteed for 3 weeks not that they have to be on the active roster for 3 games.

Either way... I only meant that Hunt would only be playing for 1 game (assuming Britt's injury doesn't linger). If they activate Joey they risk losing a another, more valuable, player to essentially use him in 1 game.

Yes it is true that the rule is for 3 weeks pay when you are bumping the ceiling you really don't want to pay a guy 3 weeks for 1 week of service. This is especially so considering they could also be out any money paid to a vet that they would have to cut to make room on the roster. I just don't see Hunt coming up unless they want him to stick around at least the 3 weeks he's being paid and perhaps longer
If Pocic does as good as I hope at LG this week maybe they will see Hunt as a necessity but I can't see them wasting the cash for a one off

HawkerD

Reaction score
LolaRox":1g9am2j4 said:
kidhawk":1g9am2j4 said:
LolaRox":1g9am2j4 said:
XxXdragonXxX":1g9am2j4 said:

You are mixing your apples and oranges in terms of practice squad, active and inactive.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Maybe i'm missing the point here, but why are you guys advocating for Pocic at LG over C if we need both? Do you have any reason to believe Hunt will play better at C than Glowinski will play at LG? Or is this just the thing that fans do where they want the unknown quantity over the known quantity?

Gio

Reaction score
Glad they give him some time to play !

sutz

Reaction score
ludakrishna":2wppkpfq said:
Have people forgot the TB game last year when Hunt started? Give me Pocic in the C with Glow at LG
Aside from the fact that Hunt might be better now than he was last year, we don't need to make any roster moves to handle the current situation. Britt should only be out 1 or 2 games and Procic has shown some skills.