Looks like Dion Jordan expecting to play thursday

DJrmb

Reaction score
Don't we still need to clear a roster spot for him? I didn't see who got released or put on IR yet?

kidhawk

Reaction score
DJrmb":3j4miowq said:
Don't we still need to clear a roster spot for him? I didn't see who got released or put on IR yet?

They don't need to rush the move. I would say it's safe to assume that there will be a roster move made today if they decide to activate him for tomorrow. Although when we cut Battle, Pete was coy and refused to announce it publicly. He may go that same route with this roster move.

Seymour

Reaction score
JSeahawks":24kbrdxm said:
We’ll see how it goes i guess. Seems like the extra wait will take away the strengths that he had in college and the athleticism that got him drafted so high.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2134 ... ls-matchup

:D ....I think you mean WEIGHT? Hard to tell as there have been wait issues, now weight question playing +30 over rookie year.

Jordan has bulked up to 280 pounds after being listed around 250 earlier in his career. He played some outside linebacker in Miami, but the Seahawks view him as a defensive end. They have a need for depth there after Marcus Smith, part of the Seahawks' rotation at defensive end, suffered a concussion last week that is likely to sideline him for Thursday night's game, if not longer.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Pete likes Battle, and didn't want anyone getting him. Especially since we gave up draft capital for him.

I read a while back that Dion Jordan got too big and it slowed him down. I think that's what J was referring to. Poor iRo, he missed a chance to correct spelling :p (I'm anal about that too though).

But Pete is keeping him at weight, so I guess we'll see. I hope he shows the talent that got him drafted so high.

kidhawk

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/927594200333463552[/tweet]

I have no idea if this is accurate, but this sounds feasible.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Pete just said that they are putting Odhiambo on IR for Jordan. Said Odhiambo has dislocated and broken fingers and will have surgery

QuahHawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":309csyg8 said:
Pete just said that they are putting Odhiambo on IR for Jordan. Said Odhiambo has dislocated and broken fingers and will have surgery

When did that happen? I wonder if it happened vs Houston and that forced our hand with the trade for D Brown.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Wenhawk":1g3fix2t said:
kidhawk":1g3fix2t said:

When did that happen? I wonder if it happened vs Houston and that forced our hand with the trade for D Brown.

I have no idea, it's the first I'd heard of it.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Curtis_Crabtree/status/928361318326743040[/tweet]

The way I read this tweet at first, I thought Dion was becoming another OL conversion project. :lol: :lol: :lol:

DJrmb

Reaction score
400WattHPSHawk":211il35q said:
I dont even know who Dion Jordan is... :shock:
You will after this week I think. Pete seems to really believe in this guy.

kidhawk

Reaction score
DJrmb":gr2tr7sa said:
400WattHPSHawk":gr2tr7sa said:

Sounds like they are not going to rush him into a big role right away, but it'll be good to see him get some reps. It's been a long time since he's been able to play in an NFL game

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
DJrmb":hqy6k0g4 said:
400WattHPSHawk":hqy6k0g4 said:

Thanks DJ. Just read J's link he provided.
3rd overall pick in '13. Hey, at least he wasn't the 4th overall like Curry, right?
Honestly what Pete says about a certain player anymore i take with a grain of salt. Thats not to say he isnt onto something, but we've down these roads before.

DJrmb

Reaction score
400WattHPSHawk":35w1tqn0 said:
DJrmb":35w1tqn0 said:
400WattHPSHawk":35w1tqn0 said:

3rd overall pick in '13. Hey, at least he wasn't the 4th overall like Curry, right?
Honestly what Pete says about a certain player anymore i take with a grain of salt. Thats not to say he isnt onto something, but we've down these roads before.
I'm totally with you there on what Pete says on guys :lol: I actually haven't heard a ton on Dion from the coaching staff, just little bits here and there. I'm just surprised they didn't IR him to begin with, and it really seams like they are putting a lot of effort into him through his rehab and conditioning. I believe Pete even said Dion was his "personal project" at one point. It just has me interested that a guy that has shown little to nothing so far in his NFL career has gotten what seems to be a lot of special attention. We'll see. Not expecting big things, but damn sure am hoping!

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I just have this feeling that it's all going to come to nothing.

Seafan

Reaction score
DJrmb":1ms9tyuv said:
400WattHPSHawk":1ms9tyuv said:
DJrmb":1ms9tyuv said:
400WattHPSHawk":1ms9tyuv said:

I'm totally with you there on what Pete says on guys :lol: I actually haven't heard a ton on Dion from the coaching staff, just little bits here and there. I'm just surprised they didn't IR him to begin with, and it really seams like they are putting a lot of effort into him through his rehab and conditioning. I believe Pete even said Dion was his "personal project" at one point. It just has me interested that a guy that has shown little to nothing so far in his NFL career has gotten what seems to be a lot of special attention. We'll see. Not expecting big things, but damn sure am hoping!

Putting Dion on IR would make no sense. He hasn't been paid yet. If they had put him on the IR he would have counted against the cap. If he doesn't show anything he could still get cut this season.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Seafan":de2lbbmj said:
DJrmb":de2lbbmj said:
400WattHPSHawk":de2lbbmj said:
DJrmb":de2lbbmj said:

Putting Dion on IR would make no sense. He hasn't been paid yet. If they had put him on the IR he would have counted against the cap. If he doesn't show anything he could still get cut this season.
He signed before the season though so I believe his vet minimum contract is guaranteed either way, no? If they would have signed him after the season started then they would not owe him anything after cutting him.

AgentDib

Reaction score
I didn't notice anything specific with Odhiambo vs. Houston, so this could just have been something he was playing with, and we'd rather put him on IR than cut him.