Coaching did great tonight.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Was worried that Philly would make adjustments at half, and they did but this team held their ground. Overall good job tonight against another on fire coaching staff and players. So, really hope this can be a cornerstone and pushed forward.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":lodq8sbu said:
Was worried that Philly would make adjustments at half, and they did but this team held their ground. Overall good job tonight against another on fire coaching staff and players. So, really hope this can be a cornerstone and pushed forward.

I liked the fact that the Hawks did not take a time out right before the half. This pushed the Eagles into panic mode. It worked. I do question Cable and his coaching every game though.

SeahawksCanuck

Reaction score
In particular, I'll give credit to Bevell since he gets most of the hate (both justified and not). Given the team's strengths and weaknesses, I thought the percentage of run plays felt about right (it's annoying to have to use a pass play to get one yard on 3 tries, but can't say I disagreed with it), I liked the usage of multi-tight-end sets, and the red-zone plays were well called.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
In the gameday forum I actually started a thread to give bevel his due for a non-stinky game plan for a change. I even allowed as how that if he keeps this up I might start using the second 'L' in his name.

adeltaY

Reaction score
I think this is the first game where we outcoached the opponent from start to finish, no? Aside from some third and long breakdowns (as is tradition) and incredible Wentz plays, the coaching was superb.

OP
OP
seahawkfreak

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
GeekHawk":wxs4od10 said:
In the gameday forum I actually started a thread to give bevel his due for a non-stinky game plan for a change. I even allowed as how that if he keeps this up I might start using the second 'L' in his name.

Yeah, but in the in the end an honest fan wants the best right. This is a credit to the team as a whole and should be used as a bench mark. Nothing less should be acceptable. Their was a point in the game where I was so happy with how the team was competing overall that I didn't care if we lost. Just a little bit though because if we didn't win it would have meant nothing, especially at this point in the season.

OP
OP
seahawkfreak

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
adeltaY":3qsskz2u said:
I think this is the first game where we outcoached the opponent from start to finish, no? Aside from some third and long breakdowns (as is tradition) and incredible Wentz plays, the coaching was superb.

Agreed.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
I can't complain at all tonight. It was solid coaching from bev to Kris to Pete.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
They need to be like they were tonight from here on out.

The gameplanning was good, it was aggressive for the most part, and they didn’t wait around “to feel out” what the other team was going to do, which is usually the status quo with this bunch. They dictated instead of being dictated to.

They got away with a couple of boner calls, the 3rd and 10 draw play, and the 2 bubblescreens, which are both the 2 worst playcalls in football under normal circumstance, but were generally solid.

On defense, outside of a few big gainers where they were caught playing a softzone, they did very well.
Holding Philly to 10 points is outstanding! Loved the corner blitz sack by Coleman.

The coaching staff needs to stay aggressive on both sides of the ball. This team plays better when they are!

NJlargent

Reaction score
Coaching was very good and the players were clearly hungry and ready to make a statement of their own. I hope that this intensity stays and this is the turning of the corner for us.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
We're in that part of the season that Pete starts unleashing what he has been holding back.

It's not how you start... :2thumbs:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Bevell had his best game of the year.

Eagle's came out in man to man press cover, so he called all those slants and misdirection rub routes, and Russell and the WR's executed perfectly.

Seymour

Reaction score
I agree with the sediment of this thread. I will try to give Cable and Bevell the week off for the improved results. No promises though. :twisted:

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Seymour":10z6qdhb said:
I agree with the sediment of this thread. I will try to give Cable and Bevell the week off for the improved results. No promises though. :twisted:

Still want Carroll fired? :stirthepot:

Seymour

Reaction score
hawknation2017":22zr5c7g said:
Seymour":22zr5c7g said:

I never did "want it". Calling for it is not necessarily the same. If you pull the plug on a loved one suffering, do you "want them dead"?

Seymour

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":3jtk4hdi said:
Seymour":3jtk4hdi said:
hawknation2017":3jtk4hdi said:
Seymour":3jtk4hdi said:

I never did "want it". Calling for it is not necessarily the same. If you pull the plug on a loved one suffering, do you "want them dead"?

Your backpedal is fine, but your hips are really stiff through the change of direction.

Back off. I've stated several times the only reason I thought Carroll should go is because of his allegiance to Cable and he would not fire him and couldn't. I also said I preferred to fire Cable and keep Carroll. 1 game doesn't change that. A superbowl W would not change that or Cable either. :roll:

The local shit stirrers just remember what they want to.

http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=142440&start=100#p2112983

adeltaY

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":26nqxc2b said:
They need to be like they were tonight from here on out.

The gameplanning was good, it was aggressive for the most part, and they didn’t wait around “to feel out” what the other team was going to do, which is usually the status quo with this bunch. They dictated instead of being dictated to.

They got away with a couple of boner calls, the 3rd and 10 draw play, and the 2 bubblescreens, which are both the 2 worst playcalls in football under normal circumstance, but were generally solid.

On defense, outside of a few big gainers where they were caught playing a softzone, they did very well.
Holding Philly to 10 points is outstanding! Loved the corner blitz sack by Coleman.

The coaching staff needs to stay aggressive on both sides of the ball. This team plays better when they are!

I remember during the Panthers game, the Eagles had a lot of trouble with edge blitzed from LBs or Safeties. It's cool we did the same thing with Coleman. Changing protections to account for that seems to be a weakness of their line and/or Wentz.

stizz19

Reaction score
I was going to say I was impressed with Bevell's play calling right from the first snap.

chris98251

Reaction score
All I hope is that we are not in broken clock mode and we were on the money with things, because a broken clock is right twice a day.

I stated in game day that we did what we have not done and looked good, I also stated I hope we don't pat ourselves on the back too much and regress to the previous philosophy.