Seattle media needs to call for Bevell/Cable firing

seabowl

Reaction score
About a year ago I posted if the Seattle media ever called out Bevell for his terrible O. I mentioned this because as a NYer he would have been crucified 3 years back if he were a NY coach. Enough is enough and it’s beyond time for the Seattle news folks to force the issue on Bevell/Cable. As we all know the media has a lot of influence and should finally use it for the purpose of bettering football in Seattle. Enough with the team controlling what the media can and can’t say or do.

Thoughts?

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
One guy needs to call for it, otherwise it will not matter.

Wilson needs to demand it.

He is the only one with the clout to achieve this short of Allen calling for it personally.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
seabowl":3p7814qj said:
About a year ago I posted if the Seattle media ever called out Bevell for his terrible O. I mentioned this because as a NYer he would have been crucified 3yeats back if he were a NY coach. Enough is enough and it’s beyond time for the Seattle news folks to force the issue on Bevell/Cable. As we all know the media has a lot of influence and should finally use it for the purpose of bettering football in Seattle. Enough with the team controlling what they can and can’t say or do.

Thoughts?

It is the Liberal media in this town that believes in "Participation Trophies". Hell will nearly freeze over before we hear much from the media.

edogg23

Reaction score
Something needs to happen.
More than likely we will just blame injuries and pretend all is well.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":3acdmjek said:
It is the Liberal media in this town that believes in "Participation Trophies". Hell will nearly freeze over before we hear much from the media.

I don't think it's that. I think the Seahawks control media access with an iron fist and will brook no comeupance.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
For all you hockey fans, maybe we can get Dickie Dunn to write an article. Either they force Cabevell out or the Hawks move to Florida

James in PA

Reaction score
Why do so many people leave Kris Richard out of the conversation when calling for firings? Dude is just as awful as Bevell and Cable. Get rid of ALL 3!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hawkfan68

Reaction score
If this team listens to media for making their decisions, then they don't belong in their positions.

With that said, Bevell and Cable are lucky that Wilson is their QB. If they had Brady or Manning they would have been driven out town a long time ago. Wilson doesn't complain, he's about as close to a "yes" man as they come.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":1bt2ejoa said:
seabowl":1bt2ejoa said:
About a year ago I posted if the Seattle media ever called out Bevell for his terrible O. I mentioned this because as a NYer he would have been crucified 3yeats back if he were a NY coach. Enough is enough and it’s beyond time for the Seattle news folks to force the issue on Bevell/Cable. As we all know the media has a lot of influence and should finally use it for the purpose of bettering football in Seattle. Enough with the team controlling what they can and can’t say or do.

Thoughts?

EL O EL

scrummymustard

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2ibu2hqs said:
If this team listens to media for making their decisions, then they don't belong in their positions.

With that said, Bevell and Cable are lucky that Wilson is their QB. If they had Brady or Manning they would have been driven out town a long time ago. Wilson doesn't complain, he's about as close to a "yes" man as they come.

Exactly. I think that is a flaw of his. Brady or Manning would never allow the yearly incompetence on that side of the ball.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Geek kind of nailed it. Plus its still kind of a small town. At least in feel. Even when they do say something critical its sandwiched by two compliments. When a member of the media is critical, players get their feelings hurt.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
The Seattle sports media are lapdogs.
Softy (buddy of Millen) , Moore, O’niell, Wyman (works for the Hawks), Brock (works for the Hawks), Bob and Groz, Millen (buddy of Bevell’s) etc etc etc, none have the balls to call out this coaching staff.

We have a bunch of “Baghdad Bob’s” on the local sports radio, which makes it unlistenable.

Latest posts