Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

UPDATE: Sebastian Janikowski signed

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
UPDATE: Sebastian Janikowski signed
Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:20 pm
  • Last edited by Blitzer88 on Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

• :D
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

• He's on the Eddie Lacy diet, there were better options, we have to see the asking price of course. He has a back issue last I heard, not a good thing for a guy that twists his body every kick.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• I'd not be overly upset with a vet minimum deal, but I'm hoping they are just testing the waters and doing their due diligence. I really think we should be able to find a good young kicker during the off season. There's plenty of time to bring in as many as possible and sign a few to compete in the mini camps.

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• He missed all of last season with a back issue and missed 6 FGs and a couple of extra points in 2016, the last time he played.

I don't think I'd hate it if we signed him, but I don't think I'd feel very good about it either. We'd probably be looking for a kicker again in the near future as well because he's 40 years old and now has a recent history of a back issue that kept him out an entire season.

Gotta be better options I would think.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

• Yeah, this is a waste of time. He's done. No harm in window shopping though I suppose.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

• He had a great career, but he's done. Hopefully just a "kick the tires" visit like many of the other vets this offseason.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    * NET Moderator *

• Whooooo. This is our big name free agent signing this year boys!
    King Dog
    NET Veteran

• Even with a bad back, he's an upgrade over Walsh. Should they decide to sign him it would be a step in the right direction.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

• I'd be absolutely fine with him, a rookie and the other guy we've got in camp. Get some competition going at the position this summer.

As long as the guarantees are low, of course. Give him $200K guaranteed and it's a win/win for both sides.

Wish I was earning $200K this summer!

Has anyone seen the Twitter posts from the ex Washington kicker? He keeps posting videos of him kicking from 50 yards and tagging the Seahawks in them.
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• Chapow wrote:He missed all of last season with a back issue and missed 6 FGs and a couple of extra points in 2016, the last time he played.

I don't think I'd hate it if we signed him, but I don't think I'd feel very good about it either. We'd probably be looking for a kicker again in the near future as well because he's 40 years old and now has a recent history of a back issue that kept him out an entire season.

He missed six FGs in 2016 . . . but that was out of 35 attempts. Janikowski was 28/29 from inside of 50 yards. Five of his misses were from 50+ yards.

He is the consummate professional. The biggest question mark for him would be passing the physical.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

• Not good. Unfortunately we will probably need a kicker that can tackle.
    NJHawk
    NET Bench Warmer

• I like your new avi, OP.
    When you get to Helllll, John. Tel em Daisy sentcha.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

• RedAlice wrote:I like your new avi, OP.

If you're talking about me, thanks :2thumbs:

I thought I was being clever with my username but this is the first time It's backfired on me as I'm not 100% sure you were talking to me and not Blitzer88!
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• original poster wrote:
    RedAlice wrote:I like your new avi, OP.

I thought I was being clever with my username but this is the first time It's backfired on me as I'm not 100% sure you were talking to me and not Blitzer88!

Haha, oh right!! Yes, I meant you.

I also member when I asked which .net member you were with this name on a different team's board, cuz I thought you were just being funny with the name over there. :irishdrinkers:
    When you get to Helllll, John. Tel em Daisy sentcha.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

• RedAlice wrote:
    original poster wrote:
    RedAlice wrote:I like your new avi, OP.

Haha, oh right!! Yes, I meant you.

I also member when I asked which .net member you were with this name on a different team's board, cuz I thought you were just being funny with the name over there. :irishdrinkers:

Haha yeah I remember, nope I keep the same forum name on all the other teams boards :)
    www.hawk-talk.com

original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• hawknation2018 wrote:
    Chapow wrote:He missed all of last season with a back issue and missed 6 FGs and a couple of extra points in 2016, the last time he played.

He missed six FGs in 2016 . . . but that was out of 35 attempts. Janikowski was 28/29 from inside of 50 yards. Five of his misses were from 50+ yards.

He is the consummate professional. The biggest question mark for him would be passing the physical.

Seeing as how he's 40 years old and just missed an entire season with a back issue, that's a pretty big question mark IMO.

Sometimes you need your kicker to make a 53 yard FG. Most NFL kickers have at least a reasonable shot at hitting those. Sounds like Janikowski doesn't really anymore.

Like I said, gotta be better options. Especially if we don't want to be right back in this same position of needing to find a kicker next off season or the one after that.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

• Chapow wrote:
    hawknation2018 wrote:
    Chapow wrote:He missed all of last season with a back issue and missed 6 FGs and a couple of extra points in 2016, the last time he played.

Seeing as how he's 40 years old and just missed an entire season with a back issue, that's a pretty big question mark IMO.

Sometimes you need your kicker to make a 53 yard FG. Most NFL kickers have at least a reasonable shot at hitting those. Sounds like Janikowski doesn't really anymore.

Like I said, gotta be better options. Especially if we don't want to be right back in this same position of needing to find a kicker next off season or the one after that.

3/8 from 50+ yards is about average for an NFL kicker.

18 teams made three or fewer FGs of 50+ yards last season. 12 teams had two or fewer. Walsh was 0/1 from 50+ yards.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

• hawkfan68 wrote:Even with a bad back, he's an upgrade over Walsh. Should they decide to sign him it would be a step in the right direction.

Even with no back, he’s an upgrade over Walsh.
    Now a guppy driver. Loving the Hawks with my bro Nanomoz for over 30 years
    rjdriver
    NET Veteran

• I wish we just resigned Hauschka so we wouldn’t be in this position.

It could be a solid signing, bring him in and some competition and it could be a win/win.
    Decimation
    NET Veteran

• Decimation wrote:I wish we just resigned Hauschka so we wouldn’t be in this position.

It could be a solid signing, bring him in and some competition and it could be a win/win.

So do I but we weren't saying that, his last season here wasn't great by any means. Missed 4 FG's and 6 XP's.

I think it's a case that the change of scenery did him good.

I really want a 3 way battle in camp at kicker. With the position being so much about the mental aspect, having one guy win a battle between 3 is going to do wonders for his confidence.

Have one guy in camp who knows the job is his? He's got too much time to overthink and worry about messing up once it really matters.
    www.hawk-talk.com

original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• People conveniently forget that Haush was pretty bad the year before. Signing Walsh was incredibly stupid, we all know that. But it's not like Haush was living up to his "money" name his last season here.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• I'm still on the Travis Coons bandwagon. He's local and I think he's gotten a bad rap thus far in the league. He deserves a shot.
    WilliamCooper wrote:I'd take Ryan Fitzpatrick over Wilson. I’m not even joking.

2016/2017 Adopt-A-Rookie: CJ Prosise, Quill Griffin
    2016/2017 Adopt-A-UDFA: Lene Maiava, Jordan Roos
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

• Maelstrom787 wrote:I'm still on the Travis Coons bandwagon. He's local and I think he's gotten a bad rap thus far in the league. He deserves a shot.

Is that the chap that keeps posting the video of him kicking a 50 yarder and tagging the Seahawks on Twitter?
    www.hawk-talk.com

original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• Janikowski signed

Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

• Blitzer88 wrote:Janikowski signed

I hope there's not a lot of guaranteed money in that. I want to see them bring in some serious competition. If this is what their plan is for our kicking team, I'd be thoroughly disappointed. If he can beat some serious competition and earn the spot, then great, but I hope they just don't give him the job.

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• Morris is there to help teach the offense I get that, Janikowski , that has me scratching my head, he may sign for the minimum but I doubt it, with his past injuries and now age I really hope there is little to no guaranteed money and that they bring in a couple UDFA's as well.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Morris and now Janikowski? Wow. Just when I thought this week couldn't get any better. The dynasty is back on.
    King Dog
    NET Veteran

• They always say things happen in threes. Bring on Dez for the trifecta
    SUPERBOWL XL CHAMPS AND I HAVE THE SHIRT TO PROVE IT!
    zchurch74
    NET Starter

• I just came here to see the freaking out and negative comments :2thumbs:
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Re: UPDATE: Sebastian Janikowski signed
Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:59 pm
  • SEA-BASS!

I'm pumped about this signing. Hopefully he's healed up. He's a great addition to the competition at kicker.
    WilliamCooper wrote:I'd take Ryan Fitzpatrick over Wilson. I’m not even joking.

2016/2017 Adopt-A-Rookie: CJ Prosise, Quill Griffin
    2016/2017 Adopt-A-UDFA: Lene Maiava, Jordan Roos
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

• SoulfishHawk wrote:I just came here to see the freaking out and negative comments :2thumbs:

Or the convert him to OL jokes!
    iigakusei
    NET Veteran

Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:02 pm
  • No doubt, that's a large dude
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:31 pm

Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:38 pm
  • I heard Cable was trying to keep him in Oakland to play LG. :sarcasm_off:

"We all we got, we all we need"
    lukerguy
    NET Veteran

Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:45 pm
  • I've very excited about this, as he is one of my all-time favorites. I hope he wins the job.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:47 pm
  • Championship!!!!
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:50 pm
  • No too many first round kickers. I'm sure we could do worse. I'm fine with this.
    Wenhawk
    .NET Owner

Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:52 pm
  • Hearing it's a one-year deal, so we hopefully didn't invest enough in to keep us from having a true competition in camp.

kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:14 pm
  • He's old, but not Adam Vinatieri old. Let's hope he stays healthy throughout the year. At least we are moving on from Walsh. Thank the heavens!
    MrThortan
    NET Veteran

Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:14 pm
  • We can actually try 50+ field goals with him. Couldn’t do that with Walsh. Feel like it’s an upgrade overall.
    hedgehawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:43 pm
  • We have always had great running backs.

Kickers? Not so much. Hope he still has the distance.
    Michael Dickson, P, Texas: 2018 Adopt a Probowl Rookie
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:51 pm
  • Is 40 even old for a kicker? He's younger than Brady, I think. Same age at least. But hey, another reason to come on here and bitch and moan, so............... :2thumbs:
    Jimjones0384
    NET Veteran

Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:08 pm
  • Who cares if he is old...His head isn't damaged beyond repair like Walsh. He's a true veteran that wont be shaken after a miss or two.
    rcaido
    NET Veteran

Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:35 pm
  • I would have him in a Fantasy league this year, I would say he is top 5 right off the gitgo.
    jeremiah
    NET Rookie

Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:54 pm
  • He is up there in age, but so what?

I only care if he can kick a FG without choking. My bet is he can do just that, and not miss from within 50 yards. If he can hit a few from more than 50 we have a winner!
    kf3339
    NET Veteran

Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:47 pm
  • Good signing. Worth a shot!
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:17 pm
  • Sea....Bass!

Happy with this. Very solid.
    Gibbo
    NET Practice Squad

Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:14 pm
  • Interesting signing.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:32 pm
  • That is one term for it.

Another would be: stupid
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:10 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]