Pete Carroll post Bronco game press conference 9/9/18

Jville

Reaction score
Pete Carroll post Bronco game press conference 9/9/18 >>> [urltargetblank]https://www.pscp.tv/Seahawks/1djxXnppVlVGZ[/urltargetblank]

ScottishHawk84

Reaction score
Jville":1lbr5g33 said:
Pete Carroll post Bronco game press conference 9/9/18 >>> [urltargetblank]https://www.pscp.tv/Seahawks/1djxXnppVlVGZ[/urltargetblank]

Maybe I missed it..but did they ask him about the last Broncos ‘TD’? I know they normally don’t call out the officials but it was pretty obvious that was a bad call.

danp1990

Reaction score
Pete and John need to get their head out of their ass and release Ifedi!, just admit it was a bust. suck it up and move on. I know he was playing against Von Miller but that was still horrible RT play. Let fant play at RT. Russ was off and indecisive today. Run Carson more, Penny is not ready. and find a decent replacement for Corner opposite of Griffin.

hawksbydesign

Reaction score
Seattle media is way too nice. Where are the questions about not running more and what happened to going to Dissly? Why is Russ always rushing to snap the ball just about every play right at 1 second left? Where is the communication break down?

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
ScottishHawk84":6zozyxkz said:
Jville":6zozyxkz said:

Maybe I missed it..but did they ask him about the last Broncos ‘TD’? I know they normally don’t call out the officials but it was pretty obvious that was a bad call.

Early on, he preempted such a question by referring to "things that kept them from getting better command of the game". And then he noted they had their opportunities toward the end of the game.

That's about as close as any coach can rub up against questioned calls without incurring the wrath of the league.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
hawksbydesign":1q1x6xwf said:
Seattle media is way too nice. Where are the questions about not running more and what happened to going to Dissly? Why is Russ always rushing to snap the ball just about every play right at 1 second left? Where is the communication break down?

This one is easy. The OC routinely doesn't get the play call in until 20 seconds or less on the play clock. This results in the Seahawks not even being lined up until less than 10 seconds on the play clock. I saw multiple occasions today where Wilson went to try to audible, realized there were less than 5 seconds on the play clock and then frantically signal for the snap. I thought this was a Bevell issue but it is now fairly obvious it is a Pete issue.

Here is another question. Why did Pete wait for word from the booth to go fishing for his red flag. He should have had it in his hand ready to throw as soon as he heard.

I said at the last season that I thought we were past the point where just turning over the coordinators would bring the necessary change but would give it a fair shake. This game isn't a good first measure on progress for Pete.