Horrible TD call cost Seahawks the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Neither foot was in bounds after securing the catch. Left foot is planted on the line. Right foot lifts off the ground after ball is secured.

Worst part is the refs changed the call to a TD after the receiver complained. The initial call was an incompletion. Then video reviewers claim there is insufficient evidence to overturn. No way they overturn an incompletion.

I assume the refs changed their initial ruling because they wanted to allow for a mandatory scoring review. This is the dark side of replay. It really screwed us today.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/benbbaldwin/status/1038927315236003840[/tweet]

OkieHawk

Reaction score
What's worse is that this was a catch, but the Marshall sideline catch was ruled incomplete due to "no football move".

OkieHawk

Reaction score
hawksincebirth":1fe9ukzr said:
Your seeing things that’s a td

His foot wasn't in when he caught the ball. The left for was closer to the line but his right foot was definitely off the ground.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Is there a different angle? Because you can't tell definitively one way or another from that very blurred video.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The Seahawks had chances after that.

And that was a 1st down play. Given how the defense was playing, you think they would have stopped them even if they overturn that call?

There were some plays that cost us the game. That was a BS call but it did not cost us the game.

We had the defense force 3 turnovers and we STILL couldn't win. That's the fault of our offense.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Seanhawk":2knns5y4 said:
Is there a different angle? Because you can't tell definitively one way or another from that very blurred video.

I'm going from what I saw during the game replay, not that video.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2bm1yxt7 said:
The Seahawks had chances after that.

And that was a 1st down play. Given how the defense was playing, you think they would have stopped them even if they overturn that call?

There were some plays that cost us the game. That was a BS call but it did not cost us the game.

We had the defense force 3 turnovers and we STILL couldn't win. That's the fault of our offense.
And defense, they gave up 27.

OpHawk

Reaction score
hawksincebirth":3k7z5r05 said:
Your seeing things that’s a td

WHAT?? No way lol.

This is why replay fails so much. Even reviewing the same video, one person can see 1/4 of his foot on the white and the other foot in the air upon possession and yet another person... "your seeing things that's a TD"

Good grief

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
You should expect the defense to give up 27.

Especially when the offense is playing like it did.

What I didn't expect was seeing this offense score less than 30. That won't cut it.

seedhawk

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3mskknri said:
You should expect the defense to give up 27.

Especially when the offense is playing like it did.

What I didn't expect was seeing this offense score less than 30. That won't cut it.

We would have scored 31 if the ref had called illegal contact on pacman instead of offensive interference on Marshall.

OkieHawk

Reaction score

Seanhawk

Reaction score

evergreen

Reaction score
Why does Denver paint the sideline so ambiguously. It’s like it’s two colors or something. That was a bs conference change.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Seanhawk":2l5260th said:
It's the same exact replay from the original post.

You called that one blurry, this link was not blurry. So I guess it's not really the same...? I'm blaming it on Twitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.